So after the disaster that was Ryzen and it's shit IPC...

So after the disaster that was Ryzen and it's shit IPC, AMD keeps on delivering with disastrous Threadripper performance. It looks like they'll continue to bring the goods with Vega, which has the same performance as 1080, but released a year late and with 2x the power consumption.

What's going to be the next big disaster from AMD? How long do we have to wait before we get Another Massive Disappointment?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/08/amd-threadripper-review-1950x-1920x/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>muh gaymes
t. average underaged intel shill

It's no fun when you make it this obvious.

Because one shitty bait thread on the board wasn't enough.

hahahaha

WOW the shilling isn't even veiled here

>disastrous Threadripper performance.
Top kek Jewtel.
Spending hundreds of millions in research per die was kind of a waste huh?
Dem AMD IPC yields
>This hurts you.

*buys another ryzen*

You say Threadripper isn't a disaster?

>Intlel damage control:the return

>I-ITS JUST DAMAGE CONTROL
>TREADRIPPER ISNT SHIT, I PROMISE
AMD fanboys need to off themselves.

>muy gayming with a single threaded game from 2012 on a workstation CPU

For real though all SOPAposting aside this shows how game devs have become insanely lazy. Most are optimizing their games for 2 threads even today.

Guess games might be stuck in the C2D era for all eternity.

I really like how people are running gaming benchmarks on HEDT platforms, it's literally intel's only selling point on a platform used specifically for multi-core performance.

0/10 bait

Tom shillware is AMD's pocket

Unless you're doing fluid simulation calculations or playing old/badly coded games you shouldn't care about single core performance

Nope, they have been consistently bribed by intel for ages but ever since the 1+ billion $ fine intel received they have put the intel shilling to a minimum.

do people actually enjoy shitposting? i just feel like a huge sack of shit every time I do it

>Threadripper is shit

Imagine all the fucking shit I can have open in the background while I'm playing Shower With Your Dad Sim.

You're looking at the future.

> Source
> An engine that was used by the ancient alien architects to design the pyramids
> surprised when it doesn't run well on the non reptilian-based technology of AMD.

Never ceases to amaze me that people do this. As if a $800+ CPU is for gaming at medium resolutions.

>IPC
You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

>buying a 16 core 999$ cpu to play gaymes on in 1080p

This shit has just gotten so fucking boring.

Kek. i9 is the disaster, the motherboard lineup doesn't know what the fuck it wants to be.
PCs are not just for gaming, all those cores would be perfect for VMs. Shit, with threadripper I could run my usual Linux and a Windows vm with GPU passthrough, stream a game from windows Steam to linux steam via a virtual network, and still have cores to record and stream it all.

Optimisations for threadripper will come.

Fucking favela monkey, stop shitting the fucking board.

Oh look at that, turns out our long haired hippie friend is a dumbass. Again.

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/08/amd-threadripper-review-1950x-1920x/

This. Jewtel has everything on the internet with more than 50 pageviews per year bought & shilled.

>posting benchmarks
>shitposting
Would you prefer if we compared AMD vs Intel based on the unboxing experience, shill?

Dumb shitposter

s4g3

It's not like all cores are being utilized efficiently anyway. You can run 2 VMs, play a game, and record at the same time and still get the same performance. GTA-V is only a hair better because it's optimized to run on 4 threads efficiently instead of 2 like most other games.

Delete this image please.

>Optimisations for threadripper will come.
>Just Waitâ„¢

Blame outdated apis and bloated engines. Graphics in games are stagnant until Vulkan gets adopted

kek, it hasn't even begun. Zen is already giving Intel a new asshole, Zen2 will absolutely obliterate them.

Mods really need to start cleaning up this shithole, cherrypicked benchmark shitpost bait threads have been happening for months.
How convinent that the 7900X isn't on that chart and you just happened to pick the image using a R9 Fury (why?)

And the other GPU they test with is a 1080, not even a 1080ti. Anandtech's testing has been a fucking joke lately.

Ironically the "ultra best gaming GPU" 7740K does just as bad as TR here. Even though I'm sure there's some other problem with their testing methodology.