Firefox is getting fucking ridiculous...

Firefox is getting fucking ridiculous, the only reason that i had that app was just for that purpose but now apps cant load local files

FUCKING FIREFOX GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!

Try Waterfox

>extensions can't steal your data
wtf i hate firefox now!!!

>try xyz-fox, it us wayy better

Just ditch firecuck already

Firefox-based browsers are the best. So much customizability, blow chrome out of the water. Waterfox is Firefox but with added improvements and a dev that wants to keep legacy support past FF57

Use ESR 52

that functionality should be integrated into firefox by default and not having to use an addon for a custom tab

Its not firefox its the app were they updated it to be 57 compatible

>memory leaks

Firefox 55 was so fucking buggy I had to roll back. Menus changing colors, "LEGACY", crash with dialogue box on close, etc.

Total shitshow. This browser is fucking done. Waterfox or Pale Moon is the future.

> app
Install your own Apache on localhost.

The WebExt API is pre-alpha dude.

pre-alpha.

New functionality is still being added, like giving addons access to remove local storage, so calm the fuck down.

This is pre-alpha.

There used to be a browser.newtab setting that let you pick any URL, but for some reason, it's not in 57

Is it pre-alpha?

Palememe or Waterfox?

Download both and try them out. See what fits best for you. I personally use Waterfox but Palememe is nice too

try iridium.. the only bad thing about this browser so far is the icon, and you can change the icon easily

why would addons need file access?

To use the files which they have accessed

No

Forgive my ignorance, but does this mean that importing and exporting settings (e.g. ABP, Greasemonky+4chanX) will no longer be possible, since they import and export to local files?