Sup Forums should ditch recaptcha

Recaptcha is Google's way of telling people that if you don't do Google's dirty work for free, they aren't letting you say what you have to say.

Sup Forums is obviously a website where freedom of speech is held in the highest regard, and as such shouldn't support such an abominable notion. They are indirectly helping Google censor the internet.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/dapphp/securimage
github.com/dapphp/securimage/issues/66
github.com/Gregwar/Captcha
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do you have a better way to combat all the spam we had pre-CAPTCHA?

>if you don't do Google's dirty work for free

Actually, "being a slave to the botnet" is a more accurate description.

Recaptcha isn't the only captcha servica ya know

I want to be able to post through Tor so I can shitpost from work :(

you're a nigger faggot, how can you be this retarded

I wholeheartedly agree OP, but Sup Forums is even more passive when it comes to actually implementing freedom on Sup Forums.

Bam

What relation does that have with captcha?

>What relation does that have with captcha?
Annoyances when posting on Sup Forums..

github.com/dapphp/securimage/issues/66

Im only triggered when i have to go through 10 fucking pages of "click that" because its fucking broken.

So i switched to legacy captcha to not waste my time more than this site already wastes in the first place. Its still stupid though.

Too little information about the issue to deem that captcha unuseable. Also you have to keep in mind, nothing can protect against people paid to solve captcha.

Also there's more:

Eight chan also uses some non-google captcha, so it must work in practice.

Tor isn't getting added here. Look for other imageboards that support it. I know there are.

>not switching to legacy captcha and type the first word + "nigger"

SJWs support Google for ideological reasons, and it is possible that such spammers will deliberately not target sites running reCaptcha.

>PHP
dropped

Unrelated to your issue, but legacy captcha is still the same Google captcha, albeit an older unsupported version so no one is escaping the botnet by switching to it. It's unsupported as in no new applications can be made using it, so only existing stuff has some support. It may be turned off completely sometime in the future.

Stupid question but i gotta ask anyways..
What the fuck does google gain from having me point out stupid shit in an image probably taken from google earth?

That's what 4chin uses already. You like javashit more?

>Eight chan also uses some non-google captcha, so it must work in practice.
fair enough. Sup Forums is probably too dependent on the pass money at this point so making the captcha less shit would have catastrophic consequences

I sincerely hope you're joking because that's a ridiculous hypothesis

Sup Forums uses some js too

I only use node.js, ruby on rails and django

>That's what 4chin uses already
That explains why Sup Forums is so shit

I wouldn't buy a fucking pass to fund some neet nips life even if they made the captcha more cancer than it already is. This site has to improve and offer a better experience first if they want my shekels. Dont be stupid guys.

To improve their current public services and those that they offer to businesses and researchers.

>As people verify the text in these CAPTCHAs, this information is used to make Google Maps more precise and complete.
>High quality human labelled images are compiled into datasets that can be used to train Machine Learning systems. Research communities benefit from such efforts that help build the next generation of groundbreaking Artificial Intelligence solutions.
>reCAPTCHA digitizes books by turning words that cannot be read by computers into CAPTCHAs for people to solve. Word by word, a book is digitized and preserved online for people to find and read.

Anyone have that webm of how rechaptcha sees that you're on Sup Forums and reccomends related video on Youtube?

Forced ideological subservience. They are trying to put you in the place of the image reading robot, forcing your brain to become part of their botnet. How are you to know what physical object the pixels that comprise the image are, other than making the exact same assumptions a computer algorithm would make?

By the way, I'm not suggesting Sup Forums drop recaptcha if the revenue it brings is indispensable. However, I am saying that having such a thing around is not ideal.

That ain't the malicious part. They also get your IP address and what page you were on when you solved the Captcha. If the Sup Forums thread you posted in was active, they could snoop on what you said provided you were the last post. It's not known what other data could be sent when you click verify, but it's a spooky botnet indeed. Fuckin' google, how do you botnet anti-spam?, just ask them I suppose.

Infinitard spotted.

Sup Forums can work without javashit provided captcha is removed, or if pass is used.

So its just an inconvenience we have to deal with to avoid spam. Its not a bad thing but there could be something less annoying we can use.

That's the not-advertised feature. I coppied what they had on the captcha website.

There are more accurate and efficient ways to do such things without forced human labor. If humans can make meaning out of 2-dimensional images without context, then a computer can be programmed to do so too. SJWs think for ideological reasons that others should do their work for them, and Google is no exception.

Read this

Hiroshimoot is a leftist who loves American corporations. Better luck next time.

>that if you don't do Google's dirty work for free, they aren't letting you say what you have to say.
1. It's like pottery
However
2. It's not """free""" Google, in exchange for your slave labor, protects the site you're using from bots.
>mfw newfags don't know about kimmo and his anontalk bullshit
Even if kimmo did not exist, Sup Forums isn't exactly short of easily-buttflustered autists who would do what kimmo did.

>leftist
>loves American corporations
How does this even work? Why is everyone calling themselves left these days when their pockets are on the right?

OMG you wont believe what I just found.... SEE AT THIS LINK HERE

Let's hope the gook gets drafted to the nork frontlines and Sup Forums gets taken over by technocrats.

welcome to identity politics as applied personally by people who have a poor understanding of actual politics, user

>Sup Forums can work without javashit provided captcha is removed, or if pass is used.
sure, but the experience sucks without any js

>Infinitard
2^3chan uses php as well tho

It's a good fallback in case javashit breaks. More websites should make use of html fallbacks.

Don't you know about that failed Infinity Next all-js project?

Just use legacy Captcha :^)

sauce?

oh shit waddup

What the fuck is "calle" and why is it in almost every captcha ?

I needs a quickie on Calle, who are they? What's their deal with their massive net prescence?

Lecacy captchas are still doing googles self driving car sign recognition.

Macron is brainwashing us to visit calle
Don't fall for it

Well I don't see any Sup Forums.js, do you see any Sup Forums.js? Captcha works!

Legacy captcha is still botnet captcha. Yeah it's easier, but that thing will be turned off.

what do we replace it with? let's come up with something.

mandatory Sup Forums pass to post

Means "street" or something in Mexican.

I propose a domain-speciifc captcha for individual boards. Ideally we'd have kana captcha for Sup Forums, kanji for /jp/, and a coding problem for Sup Forums.

Two were already posted. Eigth chan also uses something...

Sounds like a personal problem

Not everyone is happy to share their web presence with Google.

>Posting decreases by 99% in each board

What do you suggest for Sup Forums ?
"Type the faggiest stupidest thing you can think of" ?

>coding problem
>if you aren't a pajeet who uses java you can't post
brilliant work

Just buy a Sup Forums pass goyim.

Regular google captcha, they are in several botnets already, anyway.

What part of "Don't be evil" don't you foil hat schizoids understand?

this. but it will never happen because Sup Forums is probably getting paid for using googles datamining tools.

>people like this actually exist
only a retard would work for a company earning billions dollars without getting paid anything.

anything self hosted is fine.

Just buy a Sup Forums gold account

>using jewgle captcha

you're keking yourself hard

> Sup Forums should ditch recaptcha

I support this

how do i switch to legacy captcha?

Exactly. Bots still make their way to Sup Forums so captcha is useless. Plus, they already have spam filters.
They should just make a free account system but still limit time between posts on free accounts, and make them anonymous by default.

>a coding problem for Sup Forums

Write a program that generates a coding problem that is solvable at least as easily as a google captcha while being unable to be automatically answered by a program and that is verifiable by 4chans server without costing too much processing power.

sure why not

Yes, new recaptcha is niggers shit.

renigger nigger

>not having a pass so you can run you VPN 24/7
You spend most of your day here yet youre too cheap to shill out 20 bucks a year, really?

My goal is to write an image recognition software that can solve all the recaptcha text images, then release it to the public for free to end recaptcha's miserable existence for good.

pls

8gag has like half a percent of the traffic this shithole does.

"Calle" means street in Spanish.

you can just turn on old captcha