Hpg (non shitheiser edition)

This is a thread for headphones and audio technology. Here are some basic rules
>Make suggestions within the posters budget, form factor, and intended use
>Please no loli waifus

That's it. Also some fundamental truths about audio
>THD is bad, no exceptions, no one cares about the two studies that say otherwise
>Hd600s have weak bass and no treble, and lumpy mids
>Designed headphones to follow loudness curves is retarded

Other urls found in this thread:

gedlee.azurewebsites.net/Papers/Distortion_AES_I.pdf
gedlee.azurewebsites.net/Papers/Distortion_AES_II.pdf
asa.scitation.org/doi/full/10.1121/1.4984044
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/e38e/b5526af06589596390cd585e6aa38c19344c.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HAHAHAHAHHA
FAIL THREAD

I bought Senn 598's for a hundred bucks 2 years ago and I love them

glomf

Best CIEMs under $400?

I have senn hd201 for like 7years and still use them...whats your point?

I love my Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6xx!!

Pic and timestamp?

Pros
Thick wire
Customizable rubber pods with fabric case provided
Base boosted
Every frequency known to man can be heard
Tight grip on ear
Cons
Takes time to learn to wear
320 kbps sounds like shit now
Wired eaephones

You got me, I'm on vacation, so I can't post a timestamped picture. But here's a photo from when I got them.

Pic and too lazy to timestamp
Paid $140 CAD on Amazon

non-shitposting, chronologically earlier thread; this one will likely be deleted soon

Are you into those velvet pads. When I wear audio-technica the leather pads hurt my ears after 20 minutes

Actually this one was posted before yours.

Not the same guy but, last time mods deleted the ones with more visible flamming.

Convince me not to buy hd600s

They snap like no other headphone can

They measure like dogshit

They have no treble, no bass, and the mids they have are very uneven. They are also incredibly hard to drive, and have fucking awful build quality for a $300 headphone.

Yeah, I like them, they're very comfortable and I can wear them all day. Sometimes I put them on, forget to play music and then forget I'm wearing them.

You can't afford them is the only reason ;)

>Wasting your money on $300 memecans

t. person who owns multiple cheaper memecans

>I own 2 sets of $350 iems
>$3500 speakers

What was that again?

>wastes hundreds of dollars on inferior IEMs and thousands of dollars on snake oil speakers
>b-but they're $300 memecans

lel

poorfag

>Snake oil speakers
>Best measuring seas midrange and tweeter available
>Best in class 12" woofer
>Perfect phase crossover network
>"snake oil"
>Inferior iems
>Measure better than your precious meme600s
>Are portable and you don't look autistic wearing them.

So you're fucking retarded, is that what I'm getting at?

>overpaying for literal tin can trash cans that sound like shit
>implying you don't look like a fat autist no matter what headphones you wear

>Being this buttblasted that your $300 memecans are $300 memecans
>Fat autist
>Posting smug anime reaction pics with a sennshill tripcode

Whatever makes you feel better about your pathetic excuse of an existence.

Ayy, two tripfags fighting

>Literal tin trash cans
You mean an HD 600?
>Inb4 HD 600s compete against speakers

Dude, you're fucking mad. Is it cause the new kid on the block is beating you at your own game even with your little catamite backing you up? Reminder that you STILL don't know how HRTF works.

I've got some Sennheiser 558s as my main desktop's headphones, a pair of Sennheiser RS 120 II (wireless) for my TV and some AKG K450s for portable use.

Pretty satisfied with everything to be honest. I know Wireless headphones are probably pleb tier, but i'm a spaz who manages to trip over cables easily.

Just making a correction, the hd600s are made of chink plastic, not tin.

>This much buyer's remorse

Glad to see you are both shitting up your own thread for a change.

>Beating me at my own game
>Literally calling people too poor over $300 meme cans
>That he doesn't even own

558s are a good choice. You could've done much worse at any price point.
Dipolar and I are actually the same person.
>implying you weren't the one who started the poorfag namecalling with your epeen tin can speakers
>implying I didn't post proof of ownership in the real /hpg/ thread

>the same person.
I wouldn't be surprised, CG was too.

I can drive them just fine out of my mobo you retarded tripfag. Do you even own the headphones you shitpost about?

>Finally buying HD 600s
Thank god, you can finally shill properly.

I've had them for over half a year now, just never really engaged in the shilling. Better late than never I suppose.

Why suddenly the trip though

To dispelonce and for all with this fiction that I do not own the headphones I am shilling.

>More cancer

Thanks now I have another tripfag to filter.

At least I can tell you apart, I guess

>Fighting fire with napalm

>Smug anime reaction tripfag
Thanks filtered.

THD measurements are not a reliable indicator of audibility:
gedlee.azurewebsites.net/Papers/Distortion_AES_I.pdf
gedlee.azurewebsites.net/Papers/Distortion_AES_II.pdf
> In our next paper we will show that .01% THD of one type of nonlinear system can be perceived as unacceptable while 10% THD in another example is perceived as inaudible. Even one of these simple examples is sufficient to invalidate THD as a viable metric for discussion of the perception of distortion. Furthermore, 1% THD is not at all the same as 1% IM, but we will show that neither correlates with subjective perception.
>These results supported the skepticism that THD and IMD metrics were poor predictor of subjective perception of sound quality ratings.
Furthermore:
asa.scitation.org/doi/full/10.1121/1.4984044
>Research has suggested that non-linear properties of headphone responses have little effect
Furthermore:
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/e38e/b5526af06589596390cd585e6aa38c19344c.pdf
From this presentation given at the AES 129th convention:
>Conventional distortion measurements such as THD do not show reliable correlation to the ear’s perception

>More THD is better

>strawman

>Inb4

>Cherry picked studies that contradict the overwhelming consensus

Wow, it's fucking nothing.

I have a gayming Sennheisers but the cans are the same as HD600 so I can shill for the audiophile audience and the gayming audience at once. Get on my level fagets.

>open back

>Gayming Sennheiser
>Same as HD 600
Kek. Then post them, you massive faggot

PC363D, bought them used for a very decent price, I would never pay 250 Euro bucks on a headset.

>Cringy anime waifu holding sign that says some useless adjectives regarding a chink plastic headphone.

Ew.

>He bought a headset instead of just buying a detachable mic

Cancer.

Nigga, those aren't even close to HD 600s. They're rebranded HD 558s at best. I really fucking hope you aren't the shill

Good to know, user. Either way they sound miles better than Beyermeme 990, I bought those first because they were shilled so hard and it made my ears bleed, returned them after three days when I realized it was hopeless to get used to them.

I can't take you seriously anymore

why the fuck would I need a detachable mic? I am not a """""""streamer"""""" and i don't have a radio channel. Plus the mic already sounds very good.

>Shilled hard
No one, even Beyer shills, defend the dt990s wonky treble or shill them. It's your own fault for not getting the 880s or custom one pros which are much more balanced.

Fuck, I can't even believe you own them. Post timestamp or GTFO

>implying i care about the opinion of some anonymous person on a chinese chicken racing website on a thread which will 404 in few hours/days

>Shilled to death
>Hasn't posted a pic and timestamp yet
>Thinks his shitty meme gamer headset is even remotely similar to the hd600s.

Literally a dumpster fire.

Kek. You don't even own the headset, do you?

>Claims to not care
>Makes blatant disinformation/troll post about a gaming headset he owns that he doesn't even know the specs of
>Compares it to $300 headphones

This is a false flag. The PC1488GTKRWN are nowhere near the universally praised HD600.

>Why would I need a detachable mic
Yknow, when the shitheiser headphones break and you need to put the microphone on something else you stupid fuck.

>when it breaks
i am not autistic and I never broke the mic on my headsets, not even the chink shit. unlike you user, i respect my electronics

Can you please tell me how to filter you, you're annoying as fuck.

>Implying the mic will break
>Implying the shit tier headphones won't first
>Implying electronics break only from abuse.

>idiot snapposter can't even figure out how to filter people
Sasuga

The same way you filtered DiPolar?

It retailed at 250 Euros, it is discontinued though, now it is the PC373D.

Huh?

This: But with Sennshill

Cool thanks.

too lazy to post a timestamp. it is amazing how everyone is overreacting though. if it makes you feel any better i got them used, i didn't pay full price them. And yes they work very well and sound wonderful for the price that i paid.
And they do sound better than the beyermeme and were cheaper as well.

>Too lazy
Then at least do me a favour and stop shilling the HD 600s

>too lazy
>"Look how everyone overreacts lul pwned"

So in other words you don't own the gaming headset you claim to own while making the false claim they're the equivalent to the hd600s and you're comparing them to a headphone that not even beyershills recommend while claiming they were shilled to you, which are also headphones you probably don't even own.

Wow, Sennheiser shills really are cancer.

>They have no treble, no bass, and the mids they have are very uneven

you really don't know what you're talking about, either that or just 2/10 troll

So I'm guessing you can't read graphs? Or every graph that shows roll off at 100hz and 8khz is poorly sealed?

but i wasn't being serious user

you are a beyershill

another beyershill

funny how all of you got triggered by some waifu pic claiming that the HD600 are best. You know what? I think I am gonna get the HD600 and use them along with my gayming headsets.

Kek. You don't even own your gaymer headset

there you go

Nice. But it's going to be a while 'till you can afford HD 600s ;)

probably by then i will just buy a proper home cinema system to be honest. right now i am in a student dorm that is why i am stuck using a headset to play games/watch movies.

After some extended consideration, I can now approve the HD 600 as an excellent pair of headphones

Wow how clever of you! So creative and wonderful!

You forgot the exclamation mark

Pretty sure that's a meme; I've abused my HD650s for over 6 years now and except for some paint chipping theyre flawless. The cable finally broke after I rolled over it with my chair too many times but a replacement was like $15 on amazon.

They can snap, but you can also avoid that by not stretching the headband too far. The headband is surprisingly fragile to stretching

So what is the brand of choice then?

Sennheiser

Not Sennheiser

Whatever snaps the best

There is no brand of choice. It depends on form factor, budget, and intended use.

I just own audio technica m50s, HD600 and HE-400.

I prefer to judge a pair of headphones by how they actually sounds to me, rather than from a graph that does not entirely depicts how the they actually sounds in real life.

of those I've listed, the HD600 are the more even and linear of all, and yes, while I agree that their bass is somewhat subdued, I don't think it's fair to describe them as "lacking".

I would add that they are extremely responsive to good amping.