/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3AZTKCMRzHM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaR34WTjYt4
youtube.com/watch?v=c2Es9S9tXTY
aliexpress.com/item/KZ-ZS3-Silver-Upgrade-Earphone-Cable-Detachable-Audio-Cord-3-5mm-3-pole-Jack-for-KZ/32754762826.html
youtube.com/watch?v=YkApPluwP3U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

Whoever told me to watch this, I hate you. This scene is sad as fuck and I almost shed a tear when maki sent them the CD.
25 year old ex drug addict with a beard and I can't cope with all these feels.

The audio is insane on this release though, it sounds really good. I hope high bitrate audio becomes more popular in video since storage is so cheap these days.

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

Hey, idol trash here.
That was probably me. I'm glad you're enjoying Love Live :)

Outside of dragon ball super on saturday nights its the first anime I've watched since cross ange. It is very good but it makes me despise the dragon ball animators. Why do the japs animate this shit so much better than dragon ball?
I think I'm probably going to end up with your headphones too. I really want another pair to go with mine and it seems the hd600 is the way to go.
Also tempted by the nice closed back ones like msr7, oppo pm3, ath a1000z and some other open back sets like the ath r70x and h400i but it seems like the hd600 is the safest bet and then I can argue with people from a position of owning both the dt990 and hd600.

fulla+ magni bro here, i recently sold my fulla and replaced it with a modi, for the sake of audio autism. This is a weird one, but my modi light seems very slightly yellow compared to my magni's which is pure white. I have no idea if it's a dodgy led or if it's done on purpose. Is yours the same?

>h400i
Planar that's affordable. Supposedly pretty good except the quality issues and terrible customer support keep me safely away from that idea. The LCD-2 I'm more likely to try, in virtue of not being hifiman.
>r70x
Somewhat darker than HD600, but an option that doesn't look like it'd suck, unlike the lower open models from audiotechnica.
>hd600
Extremely well loved headphones which have been around since the 1997 and are *still* popular AF. Raving reviews by all the popular headphone reviewers. Safe choice indeed. Full disclosure: I love mine.
Good DACs/AMPs do not color the sound. Oh wait, you're talking LEDs.
(uber+uber modi/magni)
No, both do look the same from a quick glance, but if I focus on trying to see difference, I'd say the magni LED looks actually warmer (aka yellowish) and the modi cooler (aka blueish). The difference is so minimal it's likely to be just my brain or the ambient lighting affecting color temperature perception.

glomf

should I go for a pair of hd600s or hd650s?
from my understanding from reviews the 600s are 'better' but the 650s are more fun to listen through

Kill yourself you poorfag

What are the most comfortable headphones? :)

HD650

Easily HD 650. You won't regret it

Might be a slight led variation then, ah well.

SHP9500S, or Fidelio X2, but the latter is nigger bass. Basically whatever has that floaty headband that isn't chink shit

>HD650
Are just a variation for people who prefer their headphones darker and bassier.
>HD600
By far. They're preferred by most random people who tried both and most dedicated headphone reviewers who tried both.

The 600 is the better headphone but if you crave strong bass the 650 will suit you more, even though they aren't that bassy themselves. They're just a bit more muddy than the 600 if anything.

>it's a there's 3 fucking /hpg/ threads up edition
fucking hell
I want this meme to end

>HD600 vs HD650 bass-wise
Almost the same. Once used to either, literally the same.
>if you crave strong bass
(*only* after getting used to the HD600)
Try EQ
>want to try something that's bassy by default
Look into k712, MSR7.

>Most comfortable headphones
That clamp is going to kill you

best CIEMs under $400?

>best headphoe
>hd600
>every. fucking. time

That's why I can't take these thread seriously with all the shills it gives... fuck.

Easy, ask which one owns them

Pro tip: Half of them don't

Buying "bassy" dynamic headphones is always a bad idea, because the bass will roll off no matter what and the bass will bleed into the mids. Much better to buy a planar or neutral headphone with flat bass and then use EQ to boost only

I listen to a lot of rap and rock and jazz so the stronger bass will propbaly suit my taste more.
thanks lads

>Rock and Jazz
Nice taste; perfect for HD 650s. Hope you like 'em, user

HD580

>Unyielding build quality

>it's a "shitposter spams images of Beyer/AKG shillposts" episode

so for like last fifteen years I used Philips SHP2000 because I'm a poorfag and they were sufficient but now they are all beat up and cracking and I'm thinking of an upgrade
I could probably buy the same ones and be done with it since they do all I need them too, even though they hardly isolate any noise

For using mostly indoors for extended periods, watching all kinds of stuff, varied music and games would Koss porta pro be a decent choice? I know they'd been around for a very long time and the consensus on the is very positive but just from looking at the picture I can't help but be afraid they'd turn out to be all rickety and flimsy and it it something I tend to be concerned about.
Can I have a couple honest opinions Sup Forumsents?

shp9500s

>Shitposter

in this moment I am euphonic

doesn't seem half bad, care to elaborate?

I know man. Most of them can't even afford them and yet shill'em like crazy!

>genres decide headphones
You're doing it wrong user. Friendly reminder most reviewers prefer the HD600.
>the stronger bass will probably suit my taste more.
It's not stronger. It's almost the same. Everything else is worse, and the treble is more recessed.
And, btw, are you the user with DT990? If so, get HD600 ffs. Why go for raised bass again?

Yeah, the 600 is better sounding overall imo, but the 650 will suit you more due to your taste. It's the second best headphone I have ever tried. You can't lose with either.

The headband snapped after the guy took them off

>released 20 years ago
>same 3 pictures every time

Any good in ears for travelling, I don't want to carry a headphone around. +/- 60 euros, europe

Idol trash here.
youtube.com/watch?v=3AZTKCMRzHM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaR34WTjYt4
youtube.com/watch?v=c2Es9S9tXTY
Do the right thing, user.

KZ ZS5

>The same response to the same old shitpost
I don't see what's wrong

aww man I meant to reply to this post

>KZ ZS5

are the cables any decent? I've had other in ears before and there's always the left ear breaking down on me.Thanks anyway, I'll check them out.

>tried to bend

The weak point is that the included cable is microphonic. Get a braided one for an extra $8 and you'll be set.

>WAY-WAY more fragile
I shiggy diggy. Lmaoing at the chink shit plastic

aliexpress.com/item/KZ-ZS3-Silver-Upgrade-Earphone-Cable-Detachable-Audio-Cord-3-5mm-3-pole-Jack-for-KZ/32754762826.html

Probably should get some new rubber tips for it as well while you're at it

>harmantargetfan.jpg

Lmaoing at idiots breaking their own stuff with stupidity

So, half the Sennheiser fanbase?
>The band just snapped when I was taking them off my head
Kek

They are neutral headphones erring on brightness. Best sub-$100 headphone, IMO. The only downside is the lack of bass and somewhat grainy treble at higher volumes. Extremely comfy headphone with that headband, though; comfiest i've ever worn.

This headphone is not only an improvement on its direct predecessor, the HD515, but is also better than the DT880, which is treble-heavy dogshit.

AD500/700/900 etc

>Best sub-$100 headphone
That would be HD558, which has replaceable earpads and better bass extension.

Oh btw earlier posted hpg right here
This one will probably be deleted soon.

no my only other headhpoens are my hd471is that I use for going out but after 2 years the right side is getting weaker and just straight up doesn't work on my PC now and it's a proprietary cable so I'm just demoting those to outside headphones with my phone

seems nice and sounds nice, unfortunately it doesn't seem any retailers near me have them and amazon doesn't operate in my region

They do have replaceable pads but they require modding with the clips that attach them.
>Better bass extension
The bass is meh and muddies up the mid-range. No thanks. Both are nice headphones for the price, though.

>PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO MY SHITPOSTING THREAD, NOTICE ME SENPAI

>plz use my thread

They don't sell SHP9500 replacement earpads and changing earpads changes the sound. HD558 are not muddy sounding. They are robust and pellucid sounding.

>pic from CG's shitposting time

I'm willing to bet user just doesn't like the bright signature, or just can't run them properly. The HD 518s are muddy pieces of shit, so I can't imagine how much worse the 515s are.

wew lad, that retard can't even get something as simple as the subject line correct

>I'm willing to bet user just doesn't like the bright signature
Only people with high frequency hearing loss would.

Of the 1000 reviews on amazon of the HD600 & 650 there seems to be one report of a headband breaking. I think it's a bit blown out of proportion.

Well, check Watch these, and then if you still want to go with HD650, I won't be the one to hold you back. They're not that different after all. It's just... the HD600 is the better one among the two.

>hd471is for going out, failing
That sucks. Still They do look very indoors. The momentums are their outside use headphones, as far as I understand their lineup (I'm only looking at full sized).
Keep in mind it's likely fixable.

Possible, but that pic is from whem CG would shitpost all day, every day so it's more likely the original poster did it to further incite shitposting.

>better
maybe if you have high frequency hearing loss

>Inb4 baby ears
>Inb4 I prefer recessed treble

More than a bit. Sennheiser makes the best open headphones in the sub $100, sub $200 and sub $300 price ranges. Thus, Sennheiser headphones get recommended often here.
Sup Forums is naturally contrarian. People spam the same few outlier images of broken Sennheisers because they are autistically contrarian and Sennheiser is popular here. It's very simple and predictable.

Metal/Techo fag here.

What would be the most suited headphone for listening to such music?

Man I appreciate you fighting the good fight and trying to shut down the HD600 circlejerk but you're legitimately being a fucking retard right now and it's not helping anyone

Stop shilling so much. Have the faggots that shill Sennheiser don't even own the headphones they're shilling for

Incorrect. Philips, beyerdynamic, and hifiman own those price ranges. Sennheiser's only decent headphone is the HD700, which is the best at the $400 price point.

they are pretty indoors. they let a fair bit of sound in and I used to feel sort of dorky wearing them but I like how they sound and they're so unbelievably comfy I can wear them for basically days on end and almost forget I'm wearing them

>Autistically contrarian
Didn't you include this in your /r/eddit post? I think you need to go back

>Have
Half

It seems I have bested yet another snapheiser shill, and reduced him to incoherence. With such a powerful brain like my own, it is only natural.

>snapheiser
SNAPSCHEISSER

The HD700 part was too funny m8.

>Posting reaction webms
Dumb anime poster. Your shill tactics would work more if you actually owned the headphones

First vid there Is by a metal nut.
>metal
Is very vulnerable to coloring. Noise textures tend to have their power spread across a relatively wide band of the frequency spectrum. This makes it really easy for coloring and/or EQ to drag the perceived pitch (the perceived centre of the instrument's band in the spectrum is influenced by how the power is distributed across that band) up/down.
Thus the more neutral headphones do metal best; Like with other genres, just particularly more pronounced so.

Pic + Timestamp of headphones to prove you at least own the headphones you are shilling.
Do it fags, unless you are afraid.

Stop, you're going to kill all of the snapheiser shills! Madman!

You first.

How would we know which ones are shills?

Post headphones + timestamp beside your shill comment pls

In reply to this person These headphones don't have velour but are the pads more similar to leather of velour?

>cd900st
Patrician taste in headphones. Also chihaya's choice.
youtube.com/watch?v=YkApPluwP3U

They're some type of rough cloth.

I would say neither. It's a weird type of fabric I can't describe. It is comfy, but will get itchy if you have short hair that sticks out.

>VLC

Second this.

That doesn't look like the VLC interface.