Installing Win10 on an old laptop (2ghz T7200, 2gb ram, 100gb 7200RPM HDD), I opted for the 32bit version

Installing Win10 on an old laptop (2ghz T7200, 2gb ram, 100gb 7200RPM HDD), I opted for the 32bit version.

Is there any way to make this shit usable?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/madbomb122/BlackViperScript
youtu.be/Y3no3mlLfjY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Install something else

Should be running just fine. Have you tried not dribbling on the keyboard?

Nah, it's for an older person that's most comfortable with this OS. I tried installing elementaryOS but it was just too clunky of a UI compared to Windows.

7 works fine on this, but I was hoping on some debloat guide from Sup Forums. I gotta say, for picking up 10 year old drivers, Win 10 is the man.

Yeah, go look up Black Viper's service disabler script. Also make sure to set the update and security scan times to like 12am-6pm.

Oops *6am

After initial setup and configuration (which makes the machine unusable for the first hour or so) the updates and scans are the only things that slow it down hard.

who da broad?

>ElementaryOS

Fucking hell, just install Solus, budgie is a super easy transfer from the windows DE and Solus just works great upon installation.

Or, you could always just get more ram, 4GB should be plenty...

install muh d in her v

lol i just got this

my sister desu
Budgie or MATE? I honestly don't know, but I'm willing to give it a shot...

I had win 10 going on an 2gb intel atom, but with an ssd. envy x2-11. it ran but, welp, wasnt really usable. ram was if you knew how to manage it but god the cpu crapped out all the time.

>Black Viper's service disable script
github.com/madbomb122/BlackViperScript

Is this it? Just run it with PowerShell?

For what it's worth, Win 10 on a 2GB Atom is my main machine right now. HP Stream 13. Yeah the processor is weak sauce but it's usable just fine. I even play some simple Steam games.

upgrade to windows 7.

or install gentoo

youtu.be/Y3no3mlLfjY

backstory:

the ruskie modified the win10 install binary and replaced the microsoft public key with his own public key.

when he ran it in a virtual he had mitm'd the connection so that the virtual thought it was communicating securely with MS, using MS keys, but in reality it was not

the RSADecrypt program simply used his own private key to decrypt the packet encrypted with his own public key. it did not actually crack anything.

key basically switched the keys windows was using with his own to allow him to see what it was communicating

Install ZorinOS Lite 32bit

>He uses an operating system that takes hours to apply updates and communicates literally everything he does with the microsoft mothership, Akamai, and Amazon even if he clicks 'opt out' on all the telemetry options

Not a windows fan, but seriously just upgrade to windows 7

Yep that's it.

yu need 4gb ram if you want win 7 64bit.

or you are risking various speeds.

>Anything on 2GB in 2017
You are a fool

install gentoo

Clicked in to see chick. No comment about OP

Budgie is the simpler and less demanding of the 2 in my experience but I tried them a few months ago so idk if my experience is still relevant.