Can you tell me why is this piece of shit so fucking expensive?

can you tell me why is this piece of shit so fucking expensive?

bad hardware, shit outputs, awful peripherals

what is the point?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/avibrazil/RDM
files.catbox.moe/sa9yx3.png
pcworld.com/article/3179677/computers/dell-xps-15-vs-macbook-pro-15-fight.html?page=1
youtube.com/watch?v=i9BNJrd70Wg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For Apple to make money off of professionals who can have other people pay for their equipment. Also the wealthy consumers out there.

status symbol

>iMac 5K 2017
5K display + quad core CPU, 8GB of RAM and a dedicated video card which isn't really the best but the thing has multiple thunderbolt 3 ports.
>ANY 5K display on the market:
>1.2k+ USD
The 5K iMac is only a couple bucks more expensive (200~400 ish) and comes with everything.
It's a pretty good value actually, you're just retarded OP.

>MUH 5K DISPLAY
literally fucking no one needs that

and specs, outputs and peripherals are so bad it's unreal

overpriced garbage

desu the Pro iMac looks really nice, but I'll never be able to afford it

It's not expensive. You can't build an equivalent 5k computer that has the same CPU, same speed m2 SSD, 5k display, and a GPU which can even do 5k@60hz. It'd cost more than getting a 5k iMac.

And who cares about specs in 2017? Most people use a fucking phones with ARM cpus. It's not 2003 anymore.

>literally fucking no one needs that
Literally no one needs a 1.2GB/s SSD, but people still want it.

> couple bucks
> 200-400

Not a poorfag, but that's not a COUPLE.

>Defending low specs
Are you fucking serious? I understand the relative cheapness of the iMac, but saying that no one cares about specifications just because of is retarded.

>Are you fucking serious?
Yes. What's the point in having specs if you aren't doing anything legitimately interesting with them? Almost everyone on here who has a beefy computer uses it to play video games or watch anime with filters. That's about it. It's like those people who put thousands of dollars into making their cars fast, only to ever go MAYBE 100mph for a few seconds a month. It's a waste of time and money.

>saying that no one cares about specifications just because of is retarded.
People don't care about specs. A laptop from 2012 will serve most people well, and Intel has been focusing on efficiency improvements for almost a decade now, instead of huge performance gains. Normalfags are content with using their smartphones as their main computing devices these days even. If people cared about specs that wouldn't be happening.

Then why buy an overpriced babby machine? What utility does it have?

This.

No one else can even come close to how fucking shit the iMac is.

normies

>Overpriced
You just admitted it wasn't overpriced here >I understand the relative cheapness of the iMac

Either way it has a high resolution, the best desktop OS on the market, and is cheaper than building my own 5k computer.

>Using a 2014 5k iMac
>when the 2015 and 2017 5k iMacs have 10-bit and 100% DCI-P3
0/10

Only braindead retards aka mactoddlers would even consider the iShit to be comparable to any real 5K workstation build.

>2017
Fuck off shill.

>Workstation build
Why are you driving such a low powered car user? It doesn't compare to a caterpillar.

Show it with the low gamut.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

not him but seriously, you can buy close specs machine for 1/4 of the price with a non-scaled monitor (1440p probably) which will offer you the same productivity (and higher performance if you consider lower resolution on the same scale) that the rentina meme, and it will stand for half the price. No drop in performance, no drop in actual workspace, only argument against it is watching 4k movies or "muh fonts", in which case i can tell you only that if you think nicer fonts are worth it, do it.

>You can't build an equivalent 5k computer
Obviously.

For the same money, a 5K computer would shit all over the iThrottle.

Nice dubs.
It seems that you don't understand context eh? The iMac is RELATIVELY cheaper to other 5k builds, but fucking expensive compared to 2012 laptops or cheap phones.
This seems so circular...

You need to shill harder if you want to fool people.

Because white hipsters that want a computer to bring to starbucks and connected to the unsecure wifi

Dude, these are desktop computers, not laptops...

i sure am a faggot
boy i'm using ur post to test formatting
test test test

another test

If it has an apple logo, a mactoddler will want to show it off.

>with a non-scaled monitor
I didn't want a non-scaled monitor.

>For the same money, a 5K computer would shit all over the iThrottle.
Show the price list. Should be easy right?

>The iMac is RELATIVELY cheaper to other 5k builds
Yes, if you want a 5k computer it's the cheapest 5k computer, or at least competitively priced. Neither of which are "overpriced". That's the point.

>fucking expensive compared to 2012 laptops or cheap phones.
And 2012 laptops are fucking expensive compared to early 2000s ThinkPads. Some people could get by with using an old ThinkPad, but most people would choose something that gave a better experience, even if it costs more.

I meant

looks good
works fine
just works
not-bad hardware, good enough

just stop being poor. i basically use it as a terminal in a plan 9 kinda way

It seems that you aren't a shill, it's just that you just have a bad case of buyers remorse, kek.

>tfw watching anime and shitposting on Sup Forums at the same time
ok user you convinced me, next time i buy pc i buy apple

>sub 70% adobe rgb
>shit pixel warranty

I wipe my ass with 600 dollars

>>sub 70% adobe rgb
That's a lie

It's for editing 4k videos you fucking imbecile. Computers are just for compiling Gentoo and using ricing your i3 desktop.

>switchresX
stop memeing you fuck

>switchresx
github.com/avibrazil/RDM

>The Residents
My nigga

#JustAppletardThings

I will never understand this. Why do people seek such validation and identity in a company's products? Not even in the community around them or even individual products, but the image of the company itself.
It's one thing to say 'I like Thinkpads because they're the kind of laptop I want' or 'I like iPhones because they're a worry free phone'. It's another entirely to integrate a product into your identity or define yourself by your use of a corporation's products.

post pape pls

are you literally poor? i'm a shit broke student and 400 extra for an investment is nothing

BSD license :3

I don't like that i can't upgrade it, they should let people remove a back panel to do it.
I don't like that i can't use it as a standalone monitor with HDMI input.
I don't like the glossy display and the huge bezels.

With a 5K display you can run 1440p in HiDPI.

bump

Years ago walking around pc shops they looked cool I'll give them that (some models). Now they haven't even got that going for them.
I'm actually thinking about getting a new sober case for my pc and just using it for what it's intended instead of all the lights malarkey.

It's the only way you can have a computer that communicates so well with a smart phone. iMessage on your phone? Don't even have to take it out of your pocket, just pops up on your mac.

Personally, I find it all incredibly annoying, but there is obviously a market for it.

Because being a notable person is hard. Signing onto a corporate slogan by scarring your body with said corporate slogan is easy.

but you want it dont you? you piece of shit

no I don't want it for the obvious reasons

files.catbox.moe/sa9yx3.png

The point is — you're a poorfag.

If Macs were shit people wouldn't fucking buy them. Fucking retards think they're smart because "muh thinkpads are cheaper and macs are for gay homos" Having autism doesn't make you smart. Get a fucking life and quit jacking off to underage anime girls you disgusting degenerates.

Some people actually do, using them as scratch-disks for rendering, or moving large files such as high speed footage. You can really save a lot of time with those.

>apple products are bad because of X
>you just can't afford them!!!!!!!

every. single. time.

applefags are the biggest retards on this planet

Mac users don't have a good brain, their only argument is on the pic.

>If Macs were shit people wouldn't fucking buy them.
People buy every shit available. The most useless things. This is the most retarded argument I've ever seen.

t. retards who think there is a better option currently on the market for a 5K monitor + complete set of PC parts
>muh bit dithering
have you actually seen a 5K iMac on an Apple store? why the fuck are you talking shit on something that you've never even bothered to look at? are you braindead?

>literally fucking no one needs that
since when has that ever mattered

>peripherals
It has Thunderbolt 2, USB 3 and Bluetooth. Do peripherals go through a vortex where they somehow become "bad" by connecting to it, or what the fuck are you blathering about

Not that guy but where is the fucking HDMI? And other useful outputs? Are you kidding me?

You are retarded.

t. worked with 5k screens editing 4k videos on a mac computer at work

I still don't like Macs and mac OS but to say that they have no purpose is silly. The screen was actually very good.

>HDMI
Displayport is superior

>macshit
lmao

Mactoddlers have defended this.

Read this article that pits the Macbook Pro against the Dell XPS 15 and you will realize why Apple products, though pricey, aren't actually better. pcworld.com/article/3179677/computers/dell-xps-15-vs-macbook-pro-15-fight.html?page=1

Watch this benchmark, and you will realize why Apple products, though popular at Starbucks, are fucking shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=i9BNJrd70Wg

I guess you didn't read the article because the article's conclusion was that in almost every single way, the macbook is an inferior product to the dell xps. I was on your side, you sperg.

We'z all just shitpostin, mang.