How can we make women better coders...

How can we make women better coders? After decades of special programs to develop and nurture women in software development, they're still not rising to the top. What can be done to correct this problem?
>Every year, tens of thousands of would-be programming masters sign up for the competition—solving programming puzzles in record time. Only the best of the best make it to the final stage, where they’re flown down to wherever the event takes place to compete in person.
>It’s a test of pure skill—and the impartiality of the results speaks loudly. Women, as with anyone else, have entered the competition, but none so far have ever made it to the final around.

dailycaller.com/2017/08/13/google-code-jam-finalists-are-all-men-for-14th-year-in-a-row/

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/codejamtoioforwomen/terms-conditions
codeforces.com/blog/entry/53789
code.google.com/codejam/contest/6314486/scoreboard
codeforces.com/profile/natalia
painlessprogramming.blogspot.hr/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I bet they're all from China or third world Europe again.

Less women are better coders, because less women are coders than men. tada

>How can we make women better coders?
shoehorn them into "tech" jobs seems to be the retarded lefty solution

YEAH, that fixes the "issue"

why do women have to be better coders?

Less women are coders than men because they're bad at coding. Tada.

Maybe women just fucking suck at programming, Jesus Christ. Men biologically tend to think logically, women biologically tend to think emotionally. Pit one against the other in a challenge based on LOGIC who the fuck do you think is gonna win? Maybe we can change the code jam to see who can come up with most inclusive safe space code of conduct, then we might "even the playing field".

>less women
FEWER women, you illiterate shit

>Google has reported the finalists are being fired for being misogynists, who think they are better then women.

They have a separate version with dumbed down questions specially for women.
sites.google.com/site/codejamtoioforwomen/terms-conditions

>How can we force women to do things

This is how you fuckers sound really.

>codejamtoioforwomen
>pretend you're trans
>win the "code jam" and then openly mock google for being this fucking retarded
of course they wouldn't fucking dare deny entry to a "trans" woman

You, sir, are a fucking idiot. Look at the post I replied to.

goes for both of you

Of course, buddy

So there is a code jam for both genders and a code jam for women

>sites.google.com/site/codejamtoioforwomen/terms-conditions

double moral of Google.

if men and women have the same potential, why are there codejams for women only? Both can be intelligent, right?

The optics on that is even worse than women never making it to the finals of the "open to all" main code jam. They also have their own division in chess, using the excuse they don't feel welcome at the chess tournaments open to all.

Logical thinking is measured in IQ, which is generally the same in terms of averages. The difference is how men and women approach problem solving, not whether they are capable of it, and programming without a capacity for creative thinking is what leads to nightmares like web dev cancer.

A better explanation would be how women just don't give a shit about contests.

Imagine being the only woman with a bunch of creepy nerds. They'll probably just hit on you all day. It's literally hitler.

>tfw it the own google that threats women like fucking retards but they blame other of "muh sexism"
the hypocrisy of women will be their fall

kys reddit nigger

Lmao, reading this post and 3000 years of human history just flashed by in my mind and just thinking about this ridiculous shit made me burst out laughing. This is lmao on so many and on levels
>mfw

>Ching Cheong

Oh boy, I guess he must have relapsed.

>How can we make women better coders?
We can't. Because we have better things to do than babysit random bitches, and even shitposting on Sup Forums is more beneficial than wasting time on babysitting women, as shitposting on Sup Forums is entertainment and entertainment helps daily job schedule go easier to pay one's bills and feed one's family.

why should any pretty woman learn a job for an unabomber? they can still get monies by their greatest sexual assets

Could it be due to brogrammers scaring women away?

>"traditionalist" eastern countries
>females are in STEM
>no one cares or thinks about it

>"progressive" western countries
>feminazis make females paranoid about being persecuted with absolutely no basis
>women avoid STEM like the plague
>fucking misogynists keeping women out of tech

I don't understand how it is sexist to bring up the differences between the two genders, but it is fine to say all girls are scared of boys.

All contest begins competitive programmers.

From IOI,ACM ICPC or sites like Codeforces

codeforces.com/blog/entry/53789
code.google.com/codejam/contest/6314486/scoreboard

Russian and China had huge math education in all level education.

Problems in competences, begins develop and code solutions to algorithms problems.

Women don't want to solved thousand of algorithms problems just to had a chance, any summer job or research job is way better.

Feels before reals, that's why.

don't force them to become "coders" ?

they're never from china

>creepy nerds
>hitting on women
Pick one

This is what i legit don't understand

Western countries advocate deviating from gender roles and empowering women. How is it then that *only* western countries have this problem with gender distribution in the tech industry?

I think there is some merit in your idea, but I doubt it explains 100% of the phenomenon

A programming language designed to compliment feminist logic would help balance the playing field.

>Men biologically tend to think logically, women biologically tend to think emotionally.
because they're raised to suppress their emotions

what the...

Honestly I don't think this is even the right question in the light of current events. I propose a study to determinate if there is bias against socially vulnerable groups against the white male.
One way of doing that is by getting REPRESENTATIVE quantities of every desired group and provide them a problem each solution will have no identification and then pass those solutions to respected programmers so they can select the best solution in both quantitative terms (speed and resource usage) and subjective terms (code elegance). i think this way we can determine bias and silence all the femi-nazis that hate STEM and complain about the lack of women in STEM fields.

hardware companies should first produce feminist friendly microchips to program on

always solve the root of the problem

>It's not female logic
Yea, it's just logic, simplest for of math.

This is only half the story. Even though there are less women coders than men, and thus likely less top tier women coders than men, the hope would be that in a group of 10 to 20 there would be at least a couple or few women.

Perhaps these competitions just don't appeal to this grouping of women coders, I don't know. That would be the first thing to look into though, start talking to women coders about whether they take part and if they don't, why. Just trying to fix an issue without talking to those involved would be retarded.

How to solve the "problem"

1) Make it known it's a minority coder
2) have a quota of minority coders make it

Sure it ruins the nature of the event, but hey, diversity.

But claiming that all women are afraid to talk to male coworkers seems insulting.
If I were told that about me, I would get mad at the people.
And what is up with the derogatory name calling? I don't see why the SJW's is always looking for a fight.

How do we make OP better at statistics and less of a retarded SJW?

>A programming language designed to compliment feminist logic

But if females need a different programming language to compel to their logic, that implies that women are not equal to men, and that's right winged Nazi hate speech.

We don't. Women tend to ruin everything.
See comics and vidya.

Women do enter the competition, they just don't make it to the finals.

>A better explanation would be how women just don't give a shit about contests.
Yeah. In all the world there wasn't one single woman who wanted to enter the code jam. Makes total sense.

>feminist
>logic
select one

Jumbo shrimp exists.

Yes, it makes more sense that the panelists deliberately ignored all the women contestants because they hate women.

>How can we make women better mechanics?
>I go to work, and the flight-line is all men. The auto shop is all men. Elevator repair techs, all men.
>How do we break the good 'ol boy culture of mechanical trades?
>There are 13.6 male fatal occupational injuries per every female. Men are blocking women out of the work-death industry.

Oh wait, nobody ever says any of that. Everybody's focused on the high paying, sexy, air conditioned office jobs, aka "STEM".
Until every job is championed to be gender-equal, these girl-coder types can go pound sand.

How do we make women better coal miners?

>air conditioned office jobs
That's sexist too.

Have coal burned while it is being mined.

>feminist critiques of logic
I am already seeing it. In 100 years they will have perfected the programming language for women.
>"if" automatically includes expressions with variables like the cycle of Venus and the zodiac
>functions are called by automatically dialing a technician and requesting him in a sweet voice to type in the commands manually
>iterations only loop to a max of 28 when it breaks and leaks to memory

More likely they're not interested in it, so way fewer women than men entered. Less overall women means a lower chance at having a truly talented individual who will make it to the top.

But no, that's can't be the case. It would directly contradict the leftist policy of "we're all exactly the same, your gender/race is no more significant than your hair color".

They're not promoting equality of opportunity, but instead equity of outcome.

To be honest, it should be the goal to set the temperature to something that's generally agreeable to everyone.

I have an ultra-slow metabolism, so when the office A/C is at 67, I will go warm up in my car every other hour.

She was on 2011 code jam
codeforces.com/profile/natalia

>eastern european

Cold people can put on another layer of clothing. People who are hot can only strip so much before they get terminated.

Right, but nobody is going to be overheated when it's 74F in the room instead of 71F.
Nobody sane is advocating that it be cranked up to 78.

No

You've obviously never gone through menopause.

Yes, don't exist one white american women could make competitive programming, every women begins china american,china,south korea,polonia or Russian.

Is there a Huffington Post article about how women keep beating men in the Code Jam each year?

I'm pretty sure women undergoing menopause get hot flashes where they can't cool down.

M8. In my country, men pay $100 to get into a good party. Women pay $20. Ain't one woman on the street protesting that.

People who buy into their narrative are idiots who deserve what they get.

>functions work correctly most of the time but suddenly return random values because "I'm so randum XD"

Of course, I was just pointing out the two-sidedness of it all.

Like you said, women will gripe and moan about IT gender ratios and whatnot, but I don't ever think I've seen one of them post about how unfair it is that men have to pay many times more to get into the club.

Point is just because you like it at 74F doesn't mean everyone else does. You can put on another layer, they can't take off another layer. You're being intentionally obtuse, probably due to boredom or too much estrogen.

Women enter the competition, yes, but are they from the top level coders group?

I'm seriously going to bring extra clothing to work during summer just so I have something to put on when they turn the A/C on too low, and take off when I go outside.

Fuck off. 24C is a good temp for everyone so long as the humidity is also mid range.

>bitching about office thermostat

It's placebo you idiots. The owner of the place would be fucking crazy if he gave control of AC to you monkeys. Energy bill'd shoot up through the heavens because of your little wars. Much better to place a fake thermostat there and give you the illusion of control.

>european
try again

I'm Mexican and even I think 24C is too fucking hot.

learn programmng here: painlessprogramming.blogspot.hr/

Put a sweater in your desk, don't carry it back and forth between the office and home each day. Not that you'll ever work a white collar job as your lack of basic problem solving skills disqualifies you.

Not in the least. 22-24 celsius is the best.

t. European.