AirDropping penis pics is the latest horrifying subway trend

>There’s a new iPhone craze on the subway, and it’s not the latest Candy Crush update.

>New York women have discovered that creepy men are using the iPhone AirDrop app to send them photos of their privates while on the same train.

>Since more straphangers using the MTA are carrying advanced iPhones and awareness of the AirDrop app has increased, local straphangers have started noticing a troubling trend first reported in London in 2015.

>Britta Carlson, 28, was riding the uptown 6 train to a concert on July 27 when a mysterious message popped up on her smartphone.

>“iPhone 1 would like to share a note with you,” read the note sent at 6:51 p.m. She hit “Accept” and was horrified by what she saw. “It was just a huge close-up picture of a disgusting penis,” said Carlson, of Bushwick, Brooklyn. The message was titled “Straw” and was sent by an anonymous stranger.

>“It really felt like someone had actually just flashed me.”

>Carlson clutched the phone to her chest and frantically scanned the subway car for the pervert but couldn’t place him.

>In order for pervs to send lewd photos, iPhone owners must have their AirDrop setting on “Everyone,” instead of “Contacts Only” or “Receiving Off.”

>The app, which was released for iPhones in 2013, uses “Contacts Only” as the default setting and doesn’t work with Androids or Windows phones. The victim must also be within Bluetooth range, which is approximately 328 feet.

>People often forget to switch the setting off from “Everyone,” or don’t realize they have turned it on.

>Carlson had her AirDrop switched to “Everyone” because she used it to send photos at work.

>“It never even crossed my mind that someone may use it to send stuff like that,” she admitted.

nypost.com/2017/08/12/airdropping-dick-pics-is-the-latest-horrifying-subway-trend/

Why are iPhone users such degenerates?

>Frankie Navisch, 35, had just gotten off a train at Penn Station when an invitation to open “Eduardo’s picture” — with a preview photo of a man’s junk — popped up on his screen.

>“I wanted to punch him in the mouth for carelessly buckshotting genitalia to phones that could potentially be owned by children,” seethed Navisch, of Harlem.

>“Was he looking for interaction, or is all he wanted was someone to look at his mini-monstrosity?”

>Serial exhibitionists are likely attracted to using AirDrop to trap victims because of the anonymity.

>“In the past, flashers would have to go out in public in a trench coat and risk getting arrested,” said Brad Salzman, a sex-addiction therapist. “Now . . . their minds can run wild.”

>Apple declined to comment.

People keep airdrop on all the time? Shit

women do

> I CAN'T AFFORD THESE HIGH-END APPLE PHONES, LAPTOPS AND IMACS
> I'VE NEVER EVEN TRIED ONE AT THE STORE LET ALONE USED ONE YET I'M MAD AT THEM
> I'M SEVERELY DEPRESSED AND MAD AT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS
> I'M OUT OF MY AUTISM PILLS TODAY BECAUSE MY ANXIETIES AND MENTAL ILLNESS ARE PREVENTING ME FROM LEAVING MY MOM'S BASEMENT
> I'M NOW SHIFTING ALL THE HATE TOWARDS THINGS I CANNOT HAVE
> I BETTER MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ON AUTISM Sup ForumsENERAL FORUM ABOUT IT SO I CAN FEEL BETTER ABOUT HOW HORRIBLE MY LIFE IS
> I KEEP ON POSTING BULLSHIT MEMES BECAUSE IT'S ALL I CAN DO. JUST LOOK AT THE ARCHIVE AND MD5 OF MY POSTS TO SEE THE LEVEL OF MY ILLNESS
> PS: SOMEONE PLS KILL ME BECAUSE I'M TOO MUCH OF A COWARD TO DO IT MYSELF
> PPS: PLEASE! MY FAMILY IS SICK OF ME AND WANTS ME GONE. JUST HELP ME END IT ALL
the post

lol why are you mad, ifag?

>iPhone 1 would like to share a note with you
>She hit “Accept”
>It was a penis
>“It really felt like someone had actually just flashed me.”

They accept file transfers that they haven't requested, from unknown sources? Why the fuck

Damn, you really are asshurt over nothing

I think flashing people with airdrop is funny

>She hit “Accept”

bitch was asking for it

it's like a flasher saying to her "hey do you wanna see what's under my coat?" and her saying "yeah sure"

This is fucking hilarious.

On traditional bluetooth systems your device is invisible until you broadcast your presence. People can't just send you shit until you make yourself visible and pair up with them, and the broadcast only lasts a couple minutes so even if you leave bluetooth on you won't have random people trying to pair up with you.

It's like Apple decided to bypass all the security and ended up with this shit. Good going, Apple. Real fucking smart.

>being such a fanboy that you get this upset over a random news story you perceive to be anti-apple

sounds like you are the one who needs help, son

Only poor fags actually think iPhones are status symbols, literally anyone that wants one can get it on a payment plan. You can go into any section 8 and see iPhones everywhere, it's fuckin' nothing.
>Here's your (you)

>The victim must also be within Bluetooth range, which is approximately 328 feet.
>328 feet
Fucking not even. More like 10 fucking feet.

Imagine if they had an android or a windows device with a feature like this. Apple knows their customers can't into opsec.

We should make a meme infographic accusing Apple of how they leave the Airdrop setting by default set to "rape random women" and call it "Apple Rape Culture"

If AirDrop was like that it would be too hard for normie tech illiterates to use, because that's exactly how BT transfer is to normies.

>You can go into any section 8 and see iPhones everywhere

yeah I also notice that every nigger has the latest or 2nd latest iphone.

niggers love shiny things that make them look rich. they are obsessed with money and things.

oh no I saw a penis after choosing to receive an image from an anonymous stranger ohh no how horrifying I'm literally shaking

>not airdropping install-gentoo.png with programmer pengu and QR code to gentoo repos

im disapointed Sup Forums

That would require owning iTrash.

There is already a feature like that. It is called send file via Bluetooth!

whats the groggy face? never seen a penis? even in 5th grade sex Ed?

alas the penis envy

Because it just works, its too complex to turn features on and off

me_irl

stop telling me to be responsible for my own actions, rapist!!!

It's just a penis, it's no different from sending a photo of a forearm. Fucking Americans.

where did you get your edge, you filthy commoner?

Why are you suck a fucking prude? How about I elbow drop your ass back to Saudi Arabia?

With that face this the only way she will get dicks

>women are dumb
The thread

More m'lady will be accepting anonymous penis pics now. It's kinda hot, strange women looking at my penis. You've got dick!

> Apple knows their customers

You mean virtually everyone? Are you dumb enough to think iPhone users have a 'type' anymore? Holy shit everyone here is like 6 years behind on social trends. Do you live in a forest and shitpost via 28kbps satellite?

>leaving airdrop on 24x7
>accepting random airdrop requests

They deserve what they get.

Huh. Never knew until now that my Airdrop is set to accept everyone. Good thing I don't leave my fucking bluetooth on whilst in the tube.

>payment plan
>for a device that opens facebook and sends texts

What the fuck is wrong with people. You can get a cheap 50$ phone that does everything you want it to do.
Obviously there are users who utilize the increased specs and features of newer devices, but the average wageslave retard doesn't even know most of them exist.
Fuck

Android doesn't have this problem.

Hell carriers will even do payment plans on $50 phones. It's really a ripoff compared to what they use to do. $200 up front for a flagship and that is it if you sign a 2 year contract.
Now they do payment plans with $0 upfront so even Jamal in the hood can get a iphone 7

>The message was titled “Straw”
What did he mean by this, Sup Forums?

You suck on a straw to use stuff.

They are hoping a handsome alpha male will randomly be riding the same train and become enthralled by their beauty, then sweep them into a whirlwind romance out of the blue through a mysterious text message, like You've Got Mail in real life.

I think I actually approve of this trend. It teaches them in a harmless manner that you shouldn't click on accept when you get a popup and instead think about the impact it could have on your safety, security or sanity.

Who fucking cares.

iPhones are literally for poor people

The only people who see you per default are the ones you have in your address book. Essentially you don't have to go through the hassle of setting up a connection and just send things with one tap. If both devices belong to the same person, i.e. share the same Apple ID, you can send files without it even asking for a confirmation. It's a very well-designed system that makes using Bluetooth quite a bit more comfortable.

You can also switch it off entirely so no one sees you or set it to public so everyone sees you. The latter is what happened.

>t. panjeet from his $60 burner Android phone

thistbhfam

She's cute. Probably needs a thorough dicking. Look at those frown lines.

Just AirDrop the whole ISO. As Terry Davis taught us, that's the white man's way of doing things.

Take away Sup Forumss anti-apple rhetoric and youre left with barely any discussion.

she's not cute at all, are you blind?

What's there to discuss? We've come full circle. You'll have to slowly increase the resolution on your airdrops like an AIM icon so you don't get surprise penis.

How are you supposed to scan the QR if it's on a file on your phone? I swear you freetards get stupider by the day.

"suck on it"

I'll take "you brought this upon yourself" for 200

lol u mad

>Disgusting penis

Sexist body shaming

Lol

>the state of apple

Nah you still have to pay the tax on the total cost of the device when you purchase it at most stores. So it's basically a 0% interest loan and ~sales tax on the day you buy it. Most flagships are in the ~$30 a month range for two years (if they last you two years).

Who in the fuck leaves AirDrop on? I swear, social butterflies are the worst when it comes to tech. Literally zero research, just going for whatever their friends have. "Giving Snapchat the info of all my contacts is a small price to pay for filters!"

Glad to see its starting to bite them in the ass.

I use Credo. Paid tax on the two iPhones, but got both for free other than that. 80 bucks per month for 2 lines (unlimited talk, unlimited text, 1GB data shared - no biggie, since both the wife and I are constantly saturated in Wifi).

Is this one of the photos? I honestly cannot tell if that's a nutsack or a face

>Paid tax on the two iPhones, but got both for free other than that.
>free

This is what iToddler brainlet actually believe.

> and was horrified by what she saw
Is she 14 to be horrified of a man's penis?

How is this different to when people did it in 2007 over bluetooth?

Well, you show me a plan that offers unlimited talk and text on the Verizon network for less than 40 bucks per line. I'm always willing to save money.

I didn't know this was the ylyl thread. Either way, I lost.

>penis pics
How uncreative!

Just find a good prepaid.

Best I found going down the entire MNVO list on Wikipedia was Page Plus. 40 bucks per line per month, no phone included.

I named my wireless hotspot "Hitler Did Nothing Wrong"

It's gotten a few people to stand up on the train and look around.

Just when I thought I'd heard it all after stare rape and other variations. People (women) can now be raped by a photograph.
I'm thinking about possible agendas to stem from this.
Woman in picture has that feminazi hair and that's not a good sign for a start.

>see a picture of a penis
>go into histrionics

No it hasn't.

you're pretty sure people got up to look around for the wifi network you set up and not because they were tourists who realized they were on the wrong train, or just looking around for a friend or something?

sounds like a good way to meet new friends. people should do this more often.

seems like a pretty cool way to get arrested later and charged as a sex offender. there's all sorts of shit that people could do to track down the info of someone that was physically collocated and sharing a file over iOS. if you want random people to see your penis, go to chaturbate or something.

>wireless hotspot
What's the point?

>>Carlson clutched the phone to her chest
She must have really wanted the D that much.

>stupider
Aye row knee.

do you always assume the worst in people? maybe he was just feeling lonely and wanted to talk to someone.

i saw this pasta before, time to kill yourself

Unless you live with some ubuntu tribe, showing your penis is not a normal way to start a conversation.

I'd be really interested to know how you'd find a specific iPhone (or iDevice) that sent an airdrop at a specific time in a crowded subway.

Life, uh, finds a way.

Yea, I mean how else can you go out in public and get triggered

>implying that roastie would be shocked by a stranger's penis in her face

this tbqhwu famallamadinga just by looking at her face and hair i can tell shes had far more disgusting penises inside her

>set phone to allow anyone to send you stuff
>ACCEPT the random shit
>complain about what you get
seriously?

noice

>Aposematism
That is the face of someone that looks like they get easily TRIGGERED.

What did nypost mean by this?

Why does this give me idea of creating a hook up app for people who are very near you? Just like grindr but even closer. The one that you use when you just too horny and need to nut in something.

>open app
>find potential partners within 300 feet
>swap dick ass pics
>tap lets fuck
>find a restroom nearby
>nut/get nutted in mouth/ass
>profit

dont even have to keep in touch with each other unless you want to

where are my millions

> need to nut in something
I can't comprehend this. Why do you want to fuck somebody you don't even know? Just jerk off, it's faster and safer. Don't modern people want to know each other more, to develop some mutual attraction?

virgin detected

tinder already does that.

Not really, after having some quick "casual" sex I still can't get it. It's nice in some aspects, but actually nothing special.
Do you have anything else to say, aside from shitposting?

dont know about tinder much
though i was specifically talking about people within 300 ft of you.

such app will only attract people who want casual sex and nothing else. if thats not your thing, just ignore it?

I want to understand other people.