What is the best desktop operating system currently?

I don't really have any experience with the latest OS X, but Ubuntu continues to make me happy while Windows continues to get worse.

gnu/linux

macintosh operative system

NEXT STEP 3

for what use?

OS X + Your favorite Linux distro
Windows blows cock

>Windows blows cock
but muh games

Windows 8.1 2bh

Windoes what other DE's don't

Minix

everyday all around use

Archpoi~

retard

gentoo

wow cute desktop! can you post the picture at the top left?

what is the point of using i3 when this is what your windows look like

to do what

>gentoo
correct answer

It's OpenBSD, and FreeBSD if you need Windows programs or jails.

>NEXT STEP 3
^ this

ArchLinux.

korora linux

Depends on what you do on your computer.
The best OS must "just werk':
- you use Windows because a lot of software was made for it and it 'just works";
- you use Mac OS because using Adobe products on it feels more comfortable. It 'just werks';
- you use Ubuntu because it's easy to maintain with it's one shell command to update everything so it 'just werks';
- you use Slackware because you want everyhing to be installed manually and never break so it would 'just werk';
- etc.

loonix + windows in a vm

Whatever fits your best.
Only autistic fags fight over this shit.
Just use what you want and be productive

Why do you need this shit in a vm?

to run video games

Some people still have a job.

Like tiling? Took you over a decade to get multiple desktops, and the only tiling WMs you have are a hackjob version of i3 that doesn't even work with some windows, and some bullshit that people expect you to pay money for.

Windows 7/10

If you want to actually get stuff done, be able to play vidya and have an actually good choice of programs, Windows.

Sup Forumswon't like this statement, but Sup Forums doesn't like the truth.

>muh "get stuff done"
>muh vidya
>muh (((variety))) of programs

The truth you speak is from 1994.

Yeah you're right, who needs those when you have your ebil meme OS

Windows 10 Enterprise, LTSB edition.

My ebin maymay OS that had all of Windows's "new" UI features ten years ago, has programs for all of Windows's bloated file formats (without the macros that can give an attacker root priveliges), and can still play any game that isn't owned by (((developers))).

More importantly, I got all this--plus powerful automation tools for everything I want to do--for free. How much does Win10 cost? How much did Win8 cost? And that's the one time you've gotten a (((free))) update.

If you don't stop calling me names I'll tell my boyfriend !!

>"new" ui features
what new ui features? i dont think anyone gives a shit about that

>programs for all of windows bloated file formats
this only proves that linux has to support what windows does in order to be relevant

>without the macros that can give an attacker root privileges
true, you shouldnt use windows if you dont have a brain with the capacity of understanding when not to execute shady software

>play any game that isn't owned by developers
so it can play the great open source games like tuxracer, fantastic

>how much does win10 cost
dont know, mine was free, many people seem to be doing fine with daz and the likes though

>relevant
So what you're saying is that something is only good if corporate faggots use it? I wonder who's behind this post

both windows and linux are used by corporate faggots, not that it matters, both are good in their own rights

both are good systems, windows is uncustomizable, linux is unstable (as a desktop)

>dont know, mine was free, many people seem to be doing fine with daz and the likes though
I called microsoft and got free key :^)

basically this senpai

Win 7 without the spy patches

Are you a little girl?

wrong

why does macOS looks like its years ahead of anything else out there

>linux is unstable (as a desktop)
what the fuck am I reading

>tuxracer

Where does this meme come from? There are so many games on Steam and there are a ton of awesome open-source games.

>new ui features
I think he's referring to how win10 introduced workspaces, which are still unusable on windows because there are no keyboard shortcuts for switching between them + you can't even separate the taskbar and alt-tab switcher

>programs for all of windows bloated file formats
he's referring to office

>this only proves that linux has to support what windows does in order to be relevant
your answer makes no sense

>Ohio
It's ohayo

your dumb

Windows 8.1 + Classic Shell

Ubuntu 16.04. It will be the best until 18.04 comes out.

GNU+Linux

whoa this is advanced cancer right here

i like your style