People of Sup Forums

Whether you like it or not, THIS is the perfect distribution for 90% of people. Accept the fact that not everyone is a fat NEET neckbeard who has 20 hours a day to configure every single irrelevant detail in his system. KYS.

Well, yeah. I wasn't aware that anybody ever argued this.

Mint is the single worst distro to ever reach any sort of popularity.
They delay important security issues and have had their ISO downloads hacked in the past.
They cause namespace collisions in their package management, causing some software to be unavailable and missing or incorrect dependencies breaking other software.
The reason people think it just werks is that they distribute proprietary binaries without having proper permissions to do so.
Mint is the single worst distro to ever reach any sort of popularity.

>fat NEET autistic neckbeard spotted

Who are you quoting?

Agree.
I needed to install Loonix on some company computers for normies and found Mint to be great for that purpose. It has an old-fashioned DE which of which people are not afraid of. It has Libre office suite (though, I still had to install Language tool and some ms fonts separately). Also every wireless card works out of the box (can't say that about Ubuntu).
I mean, Slackware 4ever, etc, but when you need to install a system for normies and do it fast - Mint has no rivals.

> KYS.
Some productive discussion you've started there. Kys yourself.

Well i like linux mint. But i have question to Sup Forums it is really a bad distro and has any fatal flaws what makes it hated by Sup Forums? Actually being easy to install/use is not a flaw actually because well, it makes a perfect gateway distro.

Don't worry, unfortunately Sup Forums thinks they were born knowledgeable already and everyone should be too. Sad when people forget when they knew nothing.

>Implying normies even try linux, not stick with Windows de rest of their long and productive lives
>Implying Ubuntu 'jest werks'
>Implying it isn't worth the extra effort to install Arch and have a OS that is 100% tailored to your personal needs
>Implying Arch isn't the best distro out there for someone with a basic understanding of computers and a DIY attitude

You make me sick.
Pic related. It's what a learning process is supposed to look like.

>Implying normies even try linux, not stick with Windows de rest of their long and productive lives
I've converted 3 coworkers into Mint since Windows 10 dropped. I have no fucking clue what's going on with Windows 10, but it seems like it's specifically designed to chew through a budget laptop in about 6 months. Meanwhile, 4GB of ram and an intel i5 allows them to do whatever they want without delay on Mint.

Easiest way to convert people is to tell them that you don't know how Windows works anymore, so you can't help them. Then they either have to take it to a pro, or give Linux a try.

Surprise, surprise, with a little notepad with basic instructions copy-pasted into each new installation, combined with "just keep my computer safe" on the update preferences, I never have to fix anything.

>uses pic related
>thinks it makes it look smart

>he was born with a "basic understanding of computers and a diy attitude"

>reacts to image, ignores post

ok

mint is thhe only redpilled distro on the jews

How?

More like
>reacts to the idiotic post/image combo

cant disable the mouse acceleration without using a script or terminal. cant lower the mouse sensitivity to normal levels. i dont even have a gaming mouse nor do i game. i just want a normal sensitivity

It is legitimately broken, in more objective and numerous ways than most other distributions. The details in you will never see argued against because they're all true. Other distros have a broken package or two that get fixed, mint is flawed from the ground up because of its incompetent maintainers trying to maintain a software repository pieced together from several others with conflicting versioning and namespaces.

Hahahahahaha you fucking faggot. It's literally just Ubuntu with a different DE and more bugs. For the vast majority of people, Ubuntu is the distro of choice. Kys

So Adrian is mad that a distro team has decided to use the "Microsoft Development Approach" to develop and deploy Mint?

Ubuntu is buddy-buddy with M$. That immediately makes me cautious about using it.

If that's the microsoft development approach, I'm glad I'm not running windows

No, that's Ubuntu.

Learn how to quote fag

>he gets this triggered

Weren't all these things fixed already?
All these claims are based on one blogpost from several years ago. Did anyone bother to check if they're still relevant?

What the Linux distro made of Moe?
Isn't that the best distro for Sup Forums?

I have that shit.
It had a bug that reboot the computer instead turn it off.
Awful distro

It's not bad but it's just a bit of a ubuntu ripoff. If given the choice between ubuntu and mint, I'd choose the former.

works just perfectly fine for me

No DKMS support for ZFS.

Astoundingly good reason for me.

mdm is still mint display manager and it still hasn't been a problem.

этo ты cpaл в мoём тpeдe?

How is it redpilled on the Jews?