He lives so far away that he has to drive everywhere

>he lives so far away that he has to drive everywhere
Fucking poorfags, get a job and move to a better place

>owning a house outside the city and being abld to afford a car and gas makes you a poorfag
hmmm
also public transport here sucks. you need a car because everything is so spaced out

>owning a house outside the city and being abld to afford a car and gas makes you a poorfag
Euro cities =/= American cities
Their cities are actually nice

>owning a car makes you rich

Living in the inner city has come to bite me in the arse in a sense.

I've been so accustomed to using public transport that I hadn't learnt to drive until age 21.

>Getting cucked by trains

For what purpose?

I live inside the city and still have to drive everywhere.
Such is life in shitty American cities with only buses that take 3hrs to cross the city for public transportation.

We have cities bigger than your country with twice the population

So?

We literally had a single cattle ranch property that was larger than Texas. What are you trying to prove?

Owning a car makes u poor now? Then I guess I'm extra poor for owning 5 cars.

>owning a car means you have money
how are things in the 1950s?

If you can't walk to the main places you need to go, then you need to move.

Why would a modern citizen need a car when everything is in walking distance?

Bragging rights, idiot. Yeah if your only destination on a weekly basis is the local market.

Holy fuck tell me you're being ironic. Srsly? Is that why Europeans are such cucks? They don't buy cars?

We go to parties, malls, parks, music festivals and all sorts of shit. I guess yeah u wouldn't need a car if your life revolves around your house and the market ya dumb english fuck.

>Bragging rights, idiot. Yeah if your only destination on a weekly basis is the local market.
>3rd worlders thinking cars are something to brag about

Are you some fucking retard who drives while drunk or why the fuck do you have a car to go to parties?

>walk 10 meters out of the door
>fall off the edge of the country and into the sea
>ha ha whoops

Because my definition of a "party" is going to some club with my mates, not some shitty ass balloon party down the road in my neighbour's shack. That's why ya fucking cuck

Exactly why the fuck do you drive to a nightclub? Are you some fucking autist who doesnt drink alcohol?

If you lived in a real city all clubs would be in walking distance you fucking monkey

you don't exactly get any richer by purchasing 5 cars and paying fuel costs, maintenance, and all other costs related to it

>We go to parties, malls, parks, music festivals and all sorts of shit
you don't need a car to do that, there is this thing called public transport, which basically means that I can get totally rekt at a party and still get home safely
baka my fellow Czech

>you don't need a car to do that, there is this thing called public transport, which basically means that I can get totally rekt at a party and still get home safely
>baka my fellow Czech
This so much! I used to live on the countryside but it sucks if you ever wan to do anything because you have to drive everywhere, so much better to live in a city

Dudes. Don't compare your sissy ass european cities with a population of 1 million to a Metropolitan with a 15 million population.

I live in a secluded woody part of the city which is a 15 minute drive away from commercial establishments. Look I get it, you guys grew up in the countryside, there's no harm in that. I get it ya dig?

Materialism boy. Nothing better than waking up in the morning grabbing yer coffee and a cigarette then sitting on your porch and admiring what money can do.

Costs are minimal anyway as opposed to western countries.

>he can't afford to live in the inner city
Maybe you shouldn't have 5 cars.

You have to be retarded if you live in a 15 million people city, anything above half a million is too big. I live in a "gated community" with apartment houses and its own lake/forest only 1km away from the inner city and town square. Beautiful as fuck and literally everything is in walking distance.

Wouldn't trade it for some 15 million jungle people wannabe detroit city.

>Costs are minimal anyway as opposed to western countries.
apparently, so it's really just a joke to brag about being rich because the costs can't compare to what it cost over here

plus you haven't told us if it's 5 brand new cars, or 5 shitboxes

>tfw i spend 3 - 3,5 hours in public transport every work day getting to school
i want to fucking kill myself

>Beutifel lake gate trees trees trees
Yeah I don't care bruv.

Oh don't worry I have no plans of exchanging my degenerate lifestyle filled with vices for an autistic hippie one.

>tfw i live in a city where i can literally walk or take the subway everywhere and i will never have to be in a car except if it's a taxi or uber

Nah last car I bought was a 2013 beemer. Rest are 07 onwards.

Ignore him. Our public transportation is beyond shit and it's not like you can move out of Manila and into undeveloped """cities""""

Nyc?

This. It's our resident Australian expat. Fuck I hate that guy.

I don't have a car because I can just ride or catch a bus but the only thing withinwalking distance is a small corner store.

If I want to go to peoples houses, or to the countryside or stay somewhere past midnight a car is the best transport.

I'm a walking/public transport autist with a manual licence and a trayback utility truck in my driveway that I only drive once a month to keep the plumbing clear
I honestly get the best of both worlds

having house oustide of city is advantage?

ding ding, correct

While rent and the cost of living in New York is higher than other cities, salaries tend to be higher here as well to compensate for it, plus I save thousands as I don't have to pay for a car, car insurance, gas, checkups, etc, and on a typical day I walk 5 miles which helps me to stay in shape. I'm originally from a smaller city, and I just couldn't stand the lack of public transportation, the non-existent selection of stores and restaurants, etc.

Sometimes I hear tourists here expressing surprise at how much NYers walk per day, but on the flip side, it's hard for me to understand how people are content with staring at the tail lights of the car in front of them for hours every day, and how people can end up walking less than a mile in an entire day. It's a shame that car companies cucked the country out of decent public transportation systems except for in a few cities like NY and ended up indirectly encouraging downright unhealthy suburban lifestyles where in some places, you have to get into your car to even go to a store 5 minutes away, and if you want to walk the mile it takes to get to that store, people will look at you like you're crazy. Even in San Francisco, I've heard supposedly their public transport system isn't completely adequate for people's needs and apparently NY is the only city in the country where you can truly 100% rely on the public transportation system (and that's pretty sad considering how much improvement the NY subway needs).

I had a friend who went back to the suburbs to visit his parents for a week, and during that time he just took a walk around the neighborhood and got the cops called on him because the sight of someone walking in a suburban area is so unusual.

>it's hard for me to understand how people are content with staring at the tail lights of the car in front of them for hours every day
:D

Could you tell us about the different areas of New York? Im curious since I have never been there, which are the best places to live in? Do you have to be a millionaire to live in Manhattan?

In my country it's an aspiration.
There's a very large number of Australian people whose life plan is to own acreage by middle age.

A single person owned ~1/10th of your country?

You don't have to be rich to live in NYC, or even Manhattan. That's probably the most common misconception people have about NY. In Manhattan a 1 bedroom apartment will be between $2500-3500 per month, but a lot of people choose to have a roommate to split the rent with, which makes it a lot more bearable. Salaries here for college graduates in the right fields can be pretty good as well ($100,000+ starting salaries for graduates is not unheard of - although that 100k doesn't go as far in Manhattan as it would in Kansas or something, for example).

As for the best places to live in, Manhattan is definitely the best without a doubt. The best shopping streets are here, and most delivery apps/websites typically start out by only delivering in Manhattan and later expanding to other boroughs, so Manhattan is the most convenient borough as well. Also Manhattan is pretty well covered by subway service compared to the other boroughs.

There are plenty of things about NY that I don't like, but all in all, I feel it's the best city in the country, at least for people who enjoy an urban lifestyle. No other American city comes close to NY in terms of opportunities, energy, conveniences, and impact on the world. Honestly, I feel the only thing that limits me here is myself. I feel if I work hard enough, I'll never hit some kind of "ceiling" with regards to opportunities, salary, etc. This quote puts it best: “Once you have lived in New York and it has become your home, no place else is good enough.”