/hpg/-non shitheiser edition

This is a thread for headphones and audio technology. Here are some basic rules
>Make suggestions within the posters budget, form factor, and intended use
>Please no loli waifus, regular waifus okay

That's it. Also some fundamental truths about audio
>THD is bad, no exceptions, no one cares about the two studies that say otherwise
>Hd600s have weak bass and no treble, and lumpy mids
>Loudness curves are a meme

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/headphones/reviews/philips/shp9500-hifi-precision-stereo
youtu.be/Kha5RWYsCHw
youtu.be/hK0dwP9nzJU
youtu.be/3Q7XEf6aHu0
youtu.be/jkrCQzMntRI
youtu.be/OaCeiVEwRxo
youtu.be/f7SFY-9gfNo
youtu.be/pBIeB6ojKlE
youtu.be/sWqsgEYNii4
youtube.com/watch?v=QBdIZBAlqZc
youtube.com/watch?v=ABFlpv-5zo0
youtube.com/watch?v=CMRLlSPt7ak
youtube.com/watch?v=BRLnnPSg6Y4
youtube.com/watch?v=U_nXazCg7Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=YdZNx72YYhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=X189rYM2eic
youtube.com/watch?v=TgoAgYR4584
warosu.org/g/thread/S61762083#p61771121
innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-over-ear-open
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bumping with the best budget open cans available

I use an equalizer, there's no point in doing frequency response graphs.

Also if you trust other peoples' frequency response graphs more than your own ears you're fucking retarded. The shape of your head, and thus the pressure that the headphones press against your head, is the biggest determining factor in frequency response between different headphones.

There's two exceptions here: Frequency response graphs can compare headphones of the same fit and can tell you where massive narrow dips or peaks in frequency are. But you can't look at a frequency graph in isolation and tell how much bass or treble you're going to get, because it depends entirely on the shape of your head.

Try it yourself. Listen to music and press in on the sides of your headphones. Even if it's only a little, if it's enough pressure to make the pads compress, it makes a massive difference in how loud the bass and treble are, because the driver is just plain closer to your ears.

The pads also retransfer some of the sound, more the further they keep the driver from your ears, and even more if you're using closed-back headphones. This is why pads made from different material have completely different sound quality.

Socks-for-pads would probably be better than the DAC shitposting and people actually unironically arguing about "soundstage". There's actually room to make headphones with an inherently flawed sound signature sound good by replacing the pads with something completely unexpected.

Not that other user from last thread, but I too am in the market for a budget dac/amp (split or combo doesn't matter). Needs to be under 300$ USD total. Driving a pair of M50x headphones right now, though I want to upgrade next year to something better.

I saw the JDS Labs EL line promoted last thread over the schitt stack. I could maybe go 50 bucks over for the Element from JDS labs, but is it better than a modi2uber/magni2uber split dac/amp setup for 50 bucks less? I've seen lots of articles and reviews shilling for schiit products, but never even heard of JDS until /hpg/ mentioned it.

pls halp me spend my money, I'm bad and dumb, no bully either I'm very sensitive and might cry

There is one thing I don't get. You criticize hd600 for weak bass, and praise headphones with literal nonexistent lows as """best budget cans""".
What is wrong with you? I know the difference here is that one is $300 and other one is $50, but you are still shilling literal meme phones, which only got popular because shitlord Zeos made some poorfags who never owned decent headphones buy those.

Hard to beat the schiit stack for the price. Can't comment on the jds labs though.

rtings.com/headphones/reviews/philips/shp9500-hifi-precision-stereo

Cutoff is 40hz for these, decent bass up to 48hz. Much flatter midrange than Sennheisers, treble is their biggest problem because yeah they're bright as fuck. That being said, EQ could easily fix them up, they have a wider soundstage than the meme600s and like you said they're 1/6th the price of meme600s while being much easier to drive.

>I could maybe go 50 bucks over for the Element from JDS labs

I can't recommend the Element, though if you don't mind going a bit over your $300 budget, I highly recommend the NFB-11.28.

glomf

>dt990 arrived today
>they sound like absolute shit compared to hd558
i'll never doubt you again hpg. drum, voices and guitar sections sound completely muddied and snuffed out, i'm never buying V shaped headphones again.
i'll probably sell these later and buy a pair of HD600/6xx by the end of the year.

take off the pads, post results

>NFB-11.28
I did a google search and it took me to this website that looks like it was built back in the 90s and everything is in kanji, wtf is this?

user, please don't troll me. This website is scary and I don't trust it. I'm just going to stick with the uber schiit stack to be safe.

Don't bother with the jds labs stuff. Get the schiit stack.

What are you running them with?

>meme600s

How is it possible to be this wrong? name a better headphone at a similar price right now.

Headphones are subjective, but the shills are calling them the best headphones at any price range

They sound like shit compared to the 558? jesus fucking christ, those headphones are absolutely disgusting. Surely the 990's aren't THAT bad?

Save up for 600's or just get the 6xx if you need to spend less, or just want them quicker. Both absolutely destroy the 558.

600ohm DT880s, hifiman 400i or 4XX massdrop edition, monoprice 1060s with a mod that takes 10 minutes to do involving a piece of felt and some tissue paper.

HD600s are a dead reddit meme.

It's obvious that they're at least one of the best, and when were talking about it's competitors that mostly cost a grand+ it's easy to see why people would say that. I've never tried anything over £300 so I wouldn't know, and I'd never want to spend that kind of money on headphones alone.

Heh, it does look like a website straight out of the 90's, but it's a legit business. Pic related, the one I bought from them earlier this year. They're located in China, so their English isn't the greatest.

It's quite a bit better than the Schiit uber stack, but it's up to you. I think you'd still be happy with either one.

>600ohm DT880
Just no. There are much cheaper headphones that are better than this hissing garbage. AKG k612 pro for once.

They sound like shit when not run properly, but are bright headphones nonetheless, so that may also be an issue.

> DT880s, hifiman 400i or 4XX massdrop edition

All wrong. I'm not even going to comment on a monoprice headphone. Just because reddit likes a headphone, it doesn't make it a meme you mong.

You're wasting your time with that tripfag. He's got some obsessive hate against the HD600 and shitposts 24/7.

>no argument
>defending reddit
OUT

Better than those shills who don't even own the headphone

They're are known for having a really weird website but they're legit. I'm not sure that thing will sound any better than the schiit stack, and it's huge on top of that. If you already own a stack I honestly wouldn't bother, you have a fantastic setup.

SMSL M6
it does sound a little better, but i don't know if it's because i upped the volume on my amp and lowered the volume on windows, putting the pads back on, and i'm pretty sure it was because of upping the volume on the amp.
i'm surprised they don't feel as comfy as the 558s either, or maybe i'm just overreacting to change.

I don't go to reddit, and I can easily identify things 'being reddit' aka shit. The fact is that the 600 isn't one of them youabsolute retard.

m8 you go back ad fourth with your trip and you go bltfo last night when shit loads of people responded with pics of their 600's. Are you mentally ill? or is it just autism? I'm being serious, be honest.

What sound card do i get with my meme600s?

then you should've identified your own post, because it belongs there kiddo, now fuck off and don't come back

Are YOU autistic, user? Lurk more

You bought v-shaped headphones and you don't like v-shaped sound signature. I'm not sure what went through your head when you decided to buy those.
It's the same way for me, I can't stand anything that is not relatively flat. That's why I don't buy v-shaped headphones anymore, and any that I had are stuffed in boxes.
I know there are some ways to "mod" dt990 to change sound signature slightly, you can try removing this thing that protects drivers from dust from ear side and see if it does anything for you. But likely you just blew your money on something you won't use.

>2 people responded with hd600 pics
>The 3 other shills didn't own the headphones
>One stupid fuck compared his gaming headset as an equivalent.

Also if you want to get BTFO'd with a screenshot so be it, I'm not that user
>Inb4 inspect element
I'm on a phone.

Gotcha. Fuck me you're weird.

Being surrounded by flux and solder does that.

Stop being mean to plebspotter-san

>Three pics from two non-shitposters and a retard
>Actual shill doesn't even own the headphones he's shilling
>Gotcha. Fuck me you're wierd

Never been there you clown. Get triggered by a pair of headphones some more you autist.

I responded to a paranoid anti 600 weirdo with a pic of my 600's. Stop being a twat for the sake of it. What's the point? what is your actual goal here?

He's a shit posting tripfag, this place is better without him.

Why are you so angry? Are you new here, user-kun?

Whatever makes you feel better :^)

>I'm so ANGRY
Then filter him out, you autistic newfaggot

I kinda like his shitposting. It's cute how he triggers the shills super hard. They're so transparent and autistic they fall for even the lowest hanging fruit.

Not angry at all, and I rarely come here, or Sup Forums for that matter, but I have been here for a long time. He's a shit poster, replying with 'lol ur mad' makes you look like a 19 year old.

Nothing is more autistic than being a tripfag on 4 chan, that dedicates himself to 'triggering' people who own a specific headphone. Fucking hell lmao.

>I rarely come here, or Sup Forums for that matter
Seems like you rarely come to Sup Forums at all. Now stop being angry and filter the tripfag instead of crying out so much

>>>/reddit/
ya'll need to go back, seriously

Feel free to post music as well
youtu.be/Kha5RWYsCHw

youtu.be/hK0dwP9nzJU

youtu.be/3Q7XEf6aHu0

youtu.be/jkrCQzMntRI

youtu.be/OaCeiVEwRxo

youtu.be/f7SFY-9gfNo

youtu.be/pBIeB6ojKlE

youtu.be/sWqsgEYNii4

Been here for many years. 'both' of you have no argument.

>Dedicates himself to triggering ***owners***
3/4th of Sennheiser shills don't own the headphone though.

Also my purchase advice is on point.

You didn't have an argument in the first place. If you don't like me just filter me fuckwad.

>'Both' of you have no argument
>Gets irritated by the tripfag
>Doesn't filter out the tripfag
>Gets called out on for not filtering out the tripfag
>No argument
>Inb4 I was merely pretending

Yes I did. My point was that you're a shitposting autist who can't stand a specific headphone that happens to be brilliant.

>fuckwad

You have to go back.

Then why not just filter out the tripfag?

>"Brilliant"
>Measures like trash and is hard to drive
>Claims to have filtered me
>Keeps responding

Dude are you okay?

>3/4th of Sennheiser shills don't own the headphone though.

You literally don't know that, and it doesn't make any sense. Even if it were true, that would make them weird shit posters just like you. So who fucking cares.

>Brilliant headphone
>Literally known for no highs, sounding veiled and muddy, and having a headband that snaps when removing them

I'm dying.

>Brilliant
>Inb4 doesn't actually owns the headphone
I don't see this shit with any other headphone brand

>Dude are you okay?

Again with the reddit tier response. I don't have an agenda against an electronic device. I'm good f.am.

It's known as being one of the best headphones in the world. Stop looking at your graphs and listen to music.

We do know that. We've had about half a dozen anons over the past week shill endlessly for the hd600s and they didn't even own the hd600s. Only 2 people confirmed owning them with pic and timestamp one of which was idol trash. Plenty of people came in and claimed "I've owned hd600s/650s for x amount of years the headband has never broke" and then when push came to shove never posted a pic+timestamp.

>Stop looking at graphs
Tell that to the one Sennheiser shill

>Reddit tier response
>Saying not an argument when he had none in the first place

That's why you don't know how to filter me and keep responding, buttblasted sperglord.

Can we finally end the Sennheiser vs Beyerdynamic shittalk?

>Yes, Beyers have excessive treble
>Yes, Sennheisers are overpriced

Fuck.

>Stop looking at graphs
>That almost have a direct correlation to how a headphone sounds

Jesus Christ what sort of retardation is this.

But no one has mentioned Beyerdynamic yet, user

Oops, my bad. Am late

You have good taste, sir. Here's a few of my own favorites.

youtube.com/watch?v=QBdIZBAlqZc

youtube.com/watch?v=ABFlpv-5zo0

youtube.com/watch?v=CMRLlSPt7ak

youtube.com/watch?v=BRLnnPSg6Y4

youtube.com/watch?v=U_nXazCg7Pc

youtube.com/watch?v=YdZNx72YYhQ

youtube.com/watch?v=X189rYM2eic

youtube.com/watch?v=TgoAgYR4584

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

Kill yourself you poorfag

I went from SR60es to DT770s. I don't think you understand what "excessive" treble means.

Whatever snaps the best.

>Ulrich schnauss
>Boards of Canada
>Flashbulb

Mah nigga :^)

I don't want or need to filter you. Like I said i'm not on Sup Forums that often unlike you, and I pretty much never respond to you, but I'm drinking and having a good time so who gives a shit. Every single time I come here, you're here having an argument with someone about the 600's. Get a grip ffs.

This has been debunked.

>I don't know how to filter you
Fixed that for you :^)

>having an argument
You mean losing an argument. Reminder that he STILL doesn't understand HRTF.

And poorly sealed :^)

The 600 is actually the second best, behind the 650

I second this

>We do know that. We've had about half a dozen anons over the past week shill endlessly for the hd600s and they didn't even own the hd600s

It's an anonymous board, you can't know that, and besides, surely anyone who posts positive shit about the 600 without owning them is taking the piss, aka, they don't like the 600, or 600 owners. so what is your actual point? Either ignore the obvious shitposters who are anti 600 like you, or have a discussion with the ones that seem genuine like me.

warosu.org/g/thread/S61762083#p61771121
>claims to be "actively cleansing" /hpg/ of HD600
>his shitposting ensures that the only thing /hpg/ talks about is HD600 and obviously encourages praising the HD600 because he always replies to it

I like to have an actual discussion, I don't hide behind childish responses.

That fucker always posts the same shit and never replies to pic + timestamp replies. We know, user

>Being this buttflustered
>Over a headphone he doesn't own

What headphone? did you reply to the wrong guy or what?

How to improve /hpg/ in just a few clicks:

1. Click on the [Settings] link at the top or bottom of the page
2. Click on Filters & Post Hiding
3. Click the [Edit] link next to Filter and highlight specific threads/posts
4. Paste !WKOEehnYmc in to the box underneath pattern and tick the Hide box
5. Click Save, and then Save Settings

You now have a cancer free /hpg/ experience.

Kek. At least you showed that dumb newfaggot how to filter.

Hey, no need to be rude. He's just trying to have a good time, like the rest of us.

Sorry senpai

And of course he doesn't respond to me. You were right, the guys either a terrible troll or actually autistic.

Holyyy ahit /hpg/ I had a few of them IKEA hotdogs on sunday and now my shit consistency is shifting between mineral spirits and thicc mucus.
My are is so raw you could facet cut a diamond with it,the rim of my toilet on unfortunately in the danger zone so I need tp clean it EVERY goddamn time
I think its because my anus is at a weird angle.
Also I have like 4 1 inch+ hairs at both my nipples and kneecaps.

Anyway what headfone is best for me 200 euro max.

Used HD600 or HD579.

This is true. The only reason Tyll used to recommend the HD600 over the HD650 is because of the $100 price difference there was between the two. Now that they differ by only about $30, there's no need to feel reluctant about purchasing the superior headphone: the HD650.

False.
>This headphone was retired from the list when, after doing the official review, I found the less costly HD 600 to be slightly better sounding for me.
From
innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-over-ear-open

However, you can't go wrong with either the 650 or 600. They're both excellent headphones.

Am I doing this right?