Http://www.businessinsider.com/google-cancels-domain-registration-for-daily-stormer-2017-8

businessinsider.com/google-cancels-domain-registration-for-daily-stormer-2017-8

Can google actually do this ? I thought there was strict regulations on domain name ownership ? I didn't think a registrar had the right to seize or suspend based on content of a website ?

Other urls found in this thread:

icann.org/resources/pages/application-2012-02-25-en
webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/25387/can-a-registrar-ransom-a-domain-name-which-has-become-popular
wired.com/2012/03/feds-seize-foreign-sites/
domains.google.com
icann.org/resources/pages/approved-with-specs-2013-09-17-en
domains.google.com/tos
payments.google.com/payments/apis-secure/get_legal_document?ldo=16267419166080200835&ldt=domainstos&ldr=ZZ&ldl=und
theintercept.com/2016/04/22/googles-remarkably-close-relationship-with-the-obama-white-house-in-two-charts/
icann.org/resources/pages/approved-with-specs-2013-09-17-en#registrant
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> I didn't think a registrar had the right to seize or suspend based on content of a website ?
You are fucking stupid

how so ? To become a domain registrar you have to pay million dollars in fees to ICANN. Its not like doing your own webhosting where you can choose to do it yourself.

>frog poster
>is a blithering idiot
like clockwork

> implying censorship is a bad thing
Comply mf

if i am an idiot then explain how domain registrars work and how domain name ownership works.

They can do it for piracy, pretty trivial to do it for hate speech.

why not use Google to find out for yourself? :^)

>Using google in 2017

I don't know the details, but registrars have the power to remove malware domains.

Registrars to my knowledge have never fucked with a domain name over piracy. The US government has lobbied Verisign to do their bidding under the guise of a criminal investigation.

This, also it's not like it matters since there will always be someone willing to host it for the right price. If not Sup Forums can just become an LLC and registar themselves:

icann.org/resources/pages/application-2012-02-25-en

You don't have a first amendment right to access the telephone network hack we refer to as the "Internet", though. Not that it matters because if Sup Forums is booted from the clearnet alternatives like Tor will suddenly become huge.

Not sure about this particular case, there was another I read a few days ago where the registrar chose to cancel the contract (unbeknownst to the owner, which is why it made some "news"). The owner has to find another registrar that wants to do business with him and his domain.

I think it is as simple as that here too. Google cancelled the contract, but the domain owner remains the owner.

>Registrars to my knowledge have never fucked with a domain name over piracy.

Any time a domain is seized by the FBI, the registrar was involved since the FBI is technically seizing one of their assets.

Pretty quick to blame google.
>Many sides. Many sides.

Now it's getting a little silly

You really should research your knowledge things before posting.

I'd link you a few articles but I don't want to spoonfeed you. Teach a man to fish, and all that jazz.

Leaving Sup Forums as the final bastion of derp.

>not using a Swiss domain registrar

This is why I really hope Google, Godaddy and friends go full retard and tries booting "hate speech" websites at the domain level. It would mean a massive influx of users into Tor, effectively making it mainstream and making a real alternative to the www in the form of Tor or i2P.

this. there are so many registrars that play wild fucking west with domain registrations (e.g. not caring that they're used for spam/botnet hosting). if you are going to host something controversial why in the everliving fuck would you use Google as your registrar?

yes but they never did it unilaterally is the point I am making. always being coerced by government.

i mean that kinda makes sense. but at the end of the day all a registrar does it make sure the right details is associated with a given a domain name and those details prove ownership. So if the *cancel the contract* i don't really get what that means.

webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/25387/can-a-registrar-ransom-a-domain-name-which-has-become-popular

"Provided you keep renewing it then no-one can take it away from you. Even if you forget to pay on time there is a short period where you can still renew and not lose it"

wired.com/2012/03/feds-seize-foreign-sites/

wired article about the US govt using Verisign to seize domains.

lol awesome, i can't wait for hiro to realize this place is financially unsalvageable and pull the plug

there's lots of money in selling those manchildren chink armor with chinks in it

>If not Sup Forums can just become an LLC and registar themselves:

-the application alone costs $3,500 (no refunds!)
-you have to pay about $11,000 ever year to meet ICANN requirements
-you need $70,000 in working capital

oh they updated the article. Turns out they were trying to TRANSFER to Google. The headline is stupid Google refused their APPLICATION to become their domain registrar. The ownership of the domain name was never threatened by Jewgle.

Why is it so expensive? Is this big-business monopoly?

pretty much yes. ICANN has been heavily criticized since it was created but most people don't care because it works so its good enough for them.

wrong.
>whois dailystormer.com
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.google.com
Registrar URL: domains.google.com
Updated Date: 2017-08-14T14:51:45Z
Creation Date: 2013-03-20T22:43:18Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-03-20T22:43:18Z
Registrar: Google Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 895
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.google.com
Registrar URL: domains.google.com
Updated Date: 2017-08-14T14:51:45Z
Creation Date: 2013-03-20T22:43:18Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-03-20T22:43:18Z
Registrar: Google Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 895

well then i have no fucking clue what the hell is going on. none of this is making any sense.

>>Can google actually do this ?
The better question is, can you read a ToS?

the better question is, have you read the ICANN registrar agreement ? Registering domain names is a privilege, you aren't selling t shirts.

it's designed to create barriers where there is actually risk of a financial loss to a registrar not following ICANN rules while not utterly preventing competition in the first place.

Zoho also terminated the google people's email. I am moving my service away from zoho.

This so much.
I want to see that new world with a viable alternative to the normie-net.

Google is not even its own registrar technically, just a reseller
what makes you think this was compared against registrar policy? A reseller can technically negotiate their terms

LAND OF THE FREEEEEEEEEEE
AND THE HOOOOOOME OF THEEE SLAAAAAAAAAAAAVES

its not clear what actually has happened. but the point being a registrar cannot delete your registration in the middle of a valid registration period.

>oh it doesn't matter, it's just people I don't like being silenced!

YOU'RE NEXT RETARD.

t. Guy from a country that arrests people for "hate speech"

yeah, that's what happens when you let a '""""business"""""" site write about anything remotely technical

supposedly godaddy canceled as well

Here's what I think happened:
again the reason I mention that google is technically not a registrar was to imply that as a reseller it has a ToS that does not have to comply to ICANN. Iirc MarkMonitor is still their registrar

I assume this was why Google and GoDaddy were able to terminate the registration

>ohhhh, they put it in an implicit agreement, automatically justified!

The better question is, why are you a cuck. contracts do not abrogate morals, ethics, rights, or what's best for the country and its people...

Their whois data looks fake desu, can't find any info on moonbeams holdings. Fake whois data is grounds for a revocation.

I am just befuddled on what termination is supposed to mean in this context. The DNS is still resolving properly and thats what they paid for and the registrar is required to do.

moonbeams ?

Registrant Name: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 1241625120
Registrant Organization: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 1241625120
Registrant Street: 96 Mowat Ave
Registrant City: Toronto
Registrant State/Province: ON
Registrant Postal Code: M4K 3K1
Registrant Country: CA
Registrant Phone: +1.4165385487

Moonbase holdings, I made a typo. Fake company the owner of the stormer used for his registration, it's registered in Ohio.

If he switched to a private registration he doesn't own the domain name anymore though, they do.

I'm just trying to understand the legal justification for what happened.
Relax with the shitflinging. Companies don't have morals etc so there's no point mentioning that. They operate within the vicinity of the law and do it all for profit. As much as you like to think that they're an SJW army, Googleshit and GoDaddy denied that site purely because it was bad business to keep them as a customer. They were within the legal capability to discontinue service apparently or were willing to take the loss if they breached some agreement on their part.

Google can do it, but we can just cut their heads off and toss them in the bay, and they would deserve it too. Literally every employee at Google has been ousted as a sub-60 IQ mongrel by now. So if Google is fine with an artillery strike leveling their offices and their families being sold into slavery to pay off all the taxes they've stolen from us, yeah, they can do it.

I'm assuming there is some time period that will continue services built in after notice of termination that will give the site owners time to migrate

That or that shit site is spreading false news

Retarded r/the Donald poster

that looks like a spic

post an example ?

So looking through the Registrar Agreement: icann.org/resources/pages/approved-with-specs-2013-09-17-en

it seems like they can terminate your domain name registration pursuant to their own agreement terms, even with no refunds. I would not use Go Daddy or Google anymore even if you don't consider your site to be controversial. You just risk getting your wallet raped. Might as well use a registrar that don't give a fuck about content.

$11,000/yr translates into about $1,000/mo or $250/wk which (along with having $70,000 cash) is not hard if 100ish people commit to funding it. It's a high standard, but they're going to need that money for a lawyer anyway if they want to be the dedicated edgelord registrar.

It's possible and feasible if people choose to commit and cooperate with each other.

you can also just nearlyfreespeech dot net. they do hosting and domain names and don't give a shit about content.

probably because they had the best rate, also because dailystormer (like stormfront itself) are honeypots

>Literally every employee at Google has been ousted as a sub-60 IQ mongrel by now.

This isn't true. Their core team (marketing and advertising research) is genius.

>tfw can't pass TV license exam

Pretty soon Google will be censoring everything that isn't black, asian, mexican, or immigrant related.

>the white genocide is real

jews gonna jew!

censorship is now the norm.

welcome to tech gulag that's owned and run by a bunch of jew-owned SJW companies that want to destroy everything white.

Actually becoming a domain registrar is around $14,000

I've worked for GoDaddy. Sites are shut down all the time, but usually only because of violating ToS or lawsuits.

correct. i was reading an article that conflated how much revenue in fees ICANN gets from you (a large registrar will be paying that much) vs. how much you have to spend to get started.

It's not the registrar's asset, the registrar is involved as the administrator of the DNS zone file.

I suggest you start here user:
>domains.google.com/tos
this is the only relevant passage i have found so far
>SUSPENSION AND CANCELLATION. Google may in its sole discretion, suspend or cancel Registrant’s Registered Name registration (a) if Registrant breaches this Agreement (including a breach of any of the representations and warranties in Section 7); (b) to comply with a court order or other legal requirement; (c) as required by ICANN, a Registry Operator, or law enforcement; (d) to protect the integrity and stability of the Services; (e) if there was an error in the registration process for such Registered Name, or (f) if Registrant’s Account is disabled or terminated.

I find it troubling that they are suspending domains based upon things not mentioned in their terms and agreements

I used to work for GoDaddy. Google domains are actually administered by GoDaddy, so they basically tried to transfer to another GoDaddy account. It's not really a surprise.

this makes much more sense.

ICANN has had some criticism but in the larger scheme of things it is a very good thing ICANN exists.

should be ANCAP-ANN

They didn't breach any agreement. In their Universal Terms of Service and Domain Name Registration Agreement it goes into great detail about reasons domains can be "repossessed". Read them

no user, but I took the time to read through googles terms and conditions for domain registration.
can you post link to the terms and conditions to the company you are referring to?

payments.google.com/payments/apis-secure/get_legal_document?ldo=16267419166080200835&ldt=domainstos&ldr=ZZ&ldl=und
>Registration Acceptance. Google may accept or reject Registrant’s application for registration or renewal for any reason at its sole discretion, including, rejection due to a prohibited, improper, unavailable, infringing or otherwise questionable domain name.

you can register domains with google?

>telephone network hack
How times have changed

I was referring to GoDaddy's legal docs. You can find them at the bottom of their homepage under Legal. I'm on mobile so it's a hassle to link.

thanks.

I didnt realize until a few posts they were only trying to transfer a domain to google. I had initially thought they were suspended from google.

its kinda dumb that people are upset google refused to accept a domain transfer.

who cares there are plenty of other providers that would likely accept

Government regulation would stop this though, this is the free market in action. This is the opposite of communism.

Google is just one of the larger GoDaddy resellers, it's all administered by normal GoDaddy employees. So it doesn't really matter what Google's TOS say because it's just based off GoDaddy's docs.

thanks

hate to break your bubble but communism has nothing to do with government regulation its about government ownership.

our current government can do the same regulations if someone has the millions of dollars necessary to pay off (i mean lobby) politicians

>Government regulation would stop this though, this is the free market in action. This is the opposite of communism.
no they won't. they haven't done a thing so far because of MASSIVE LOBBYING by evil companies like google.

theintercept.com/2016/04/22/googles-remarkably-close-relationship-with-the-obama-white-house-in-two-charts/

these companies are spending millions of dollars per year on bribing politicians.

Why aren't they doing the same thing to communist websites? They are just as bad if not way worse.

that's not the point, but you know why.

in any form of government there is always danger when politicans can be bribed.

the solution isnt to radically change govt to communism.

We dont even need representatives any more when you think about it.

back in the day a representative would go to DC for a week or whatever, take care of business and head back into their state and resume their real job.

now, these people do it for a living and rely on donations.

The best solution as far as I see it is to remove the representation completely and allow the people a direct voice in government. we are so connected with internet your representative can can be you.

It's basically to prevent just anyone from being a registrar and fucking with people by abusing the system. It doesn't really prevent it completely but it stops all but the most dedicated people.

I don't understand why people are talking about ICANN at all.

Afaik, ICANN leaves registrars to create their own ToS as to when they can terminate and for what reason

icann.org/resources/pages/approved-with-specs-2013-09-17-en#registrant

>Your Registrar's terms and conditions, including pricing information, applicable to domain name registrations;

This implies that ICANN does not dictate universal terms of operation to any resellers or registrars.

Free publicity when Google took the bait, which they did.

who goes on the internet and writes a post like that?

is that not the irony here? Most of these people are just as mudblood as those they hate.

fuck racists

Google is pretty much electric antifa nowadays

I should not be surprised that people are cheering this. After all, people have proven themselves time and again to be HUMONGOUS FUCKING IDIOTS HOLY SHIT HOW RETARDED ARE YOU TO APPLAUD CORPORATIONS SETTING SUCH PRECEDENTS JESUS CUNTING CHRIST

I want off this planet.

They should just make their own companies then

Yeah. After google they are going to another registrar which they know will ban them. Another round of news for them.

Me

desu it's bad business practice to start politicizing your service especially for a group that has been given rights to voice their opinion forever

Google doesn't give a shit about morality or whatever other bullshit. Anyone who thinks so is just some delusional.
This was a strictly business decision due to the level of attention and main stream media coverage that the recent event got.

Imo it was a poor business decision to throw them off. It might give them positive cred from left media but in the long term it shows that they're a corporate giant susceptible to political influence, something they have no business meddling in

You would have to be an idiot to use Google as a domain registrar instead of a legitimate company in the first place. As expected of stormweenies.

Google made its bed when it agreed to remove ISIS propaganda from its platforms. The Daily Stormer published an article literally celebrating a terrorist attack, which is exactly what ISIS does in Dabiq (their magazine). Not doing this would have been a double standard.

That was a false flag by a rouge editor trying to make it look bad.

wtf i support isis propaganda now

>removing ISIS
oh vey that's islamophobic