What's the best foreign language to learn while studying for a computer science degree?

What's the best foreign language to learn while studying for a computer science degree?

Other urls found in this thread:

xakep.ru/
coursera.org/learn/machine-learning
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

English

English

Java is the Best language Rohan my good Friend

日本語

if you wanna understand real computer sciences and not the meme ones, learn Russian.

Russian. It will enable you to browse many underground/warez forums and pick up on their hacks easily.

Hindi. Will allow you to write java with other pajeets

None. English is the universal language of Earth and anyone who doesn't speak it is irrelevant.

Chinese
Russian
I went with Japanese and I can get some cool stuff out of it, but most of their best papers are still in English.

I'm learning Latin while I work on my comp-sci degree. I wouldn't suggest it unless you're fond of classics or decide you want to hookup with some of the ugliesy girls in college

You should pretty much learn Spanish or Chinese.

OPs question but aerospace degree. Should I learn French?

German

Regular Expressions

Indian

why do you hate yourself user

Russian

Do you want to spend time abroad?

Assuming you are in a native English speaking country, and don't want to move, then learn something that will aid your interests in other cultures.

Unless you have a keen interest on the culture/history relating to your chosen language, you will not gain understanding to high standard.

Don't be memed into taking a language that gets the most votes.

Hungarian is the only right answer

Yea but transylvania is still ours

like i give two fucks hairy-footed rock gnome friendo

Japanese because the the western tech industry is a fucking shitshow and western academia would instantly fire you if they found out you browse Sup Forums so no research assistant for you
Also working for Japanese university is pretty funny

Arabic
Pro mode: learn Arabic calligraphy also

Forgot pic

Hebrew.

Ebonics.

DO NOT LEARN CHINESE.
Learn Russian if you're a put together man.
Learn Japanese if you want to absorb yourself in gaymes and animays

English
Japanese
Russian

I have a story for this one
>work for Chinese financial institution
>engineer and implement new system
>2 years later
>work for a different Chinese financial institutions (legally independent from the other one)
>find the system I engineered myself for the other financial institution
Fuck the chinks, they even steal from eachother

Hindi

learn chink lang if your a hackre

Where to start? What to search for? You dont just google le hacker forum to find Sup Forums (not saying that this is a hacker forum) but what to yandex? I know a bit of russian

Asian.

Chinese, Korean, or Japanese.

That's not even calligraphy, that's just written arabic.

Calligraphy is fucking ridiculous.

Hindi

This makes me want to break out my fancy pen and start practicing kanji again.

I'm an italianfag studying CS, and most of my mates can't even speak English. Our future is doomed.

Doomed because they can't into English? You're doomed because your economy is propped up by hosting sandniggers.

Assuming English is your native/first language, learning Mandarin will put you in command of what nearly 50% of the entire world speaks one way or another. If Japanese gives you a hard-on, that as an option for the treasure trove of access to cutting edge tech. Mandarin & Japanese are similar enough that you could study both at the same time.

It will depend on why you want another language. If your focus is on practical access in the IT world with a bonus on general world-wide expansion of communication possibilities, what I said above. Probably focus on Mandarin for full technical fluency to catch the wave of the future with maximum access to a huge population & other opportunities.

If you're more specialized, research which language has the top industry prospects that coincide with your envisioned career.

Arabic for when they invade

>mandarin/Japanese are similar enough
What kind of crack are you on

>Mandarin & Japanese are similar enough
>Russian and English are similar enough

English

huh, I'm russian and speak/ read russian with no problems. I would also like to know this
The only russian programming community I know of is in 2ch.hk( russian equivalent of Sup Forums) and they got a board dedicated to programming there /pr/

xakep.ru/
is there nothing special there?
also, what about those forums where they sell malware/0days/...?

>xakep.ru/
I had a quick look and it looks like it's just a news site for hacker events, computer tech and related things. If you go in "about" they describe themselves as one of the biggest it-security, computer tricks etc medias in russia and let you subscribe to their physical magazine.
>malware/0days/
not sure

Out of context from this thread but still need help, don't wanna create a new thread just for a question. So if you don't mind help me here with this one
I presently am a cs student in university fresher, I so far know php,web development and quite a bit of troubleshooting on hardware/software.
What will I have to learn to learn by the end of my final year to get a job in the coming Artificial tech/automated shit.

TL;DR what do I learn to get jobs in Ai and automated future

>TL;DR what do I learn to get jobs in Ai and automated future
coursera.org/learn/machine-learning

Kanji, dumbass. Learning kanji in chink will obviously give you a better foothold in nip. It's the hardest thing about mastering nip.

def russian because all the hacking shit is in russian.

>coursera.org/learn/machine-learning

can you provide me another option like, networking will be viable? I plan to take the CCNA exam for a bit of value in profile and looking the security field in networking

oh, I misread the tl;dr and thought you wanted to learn AI, jej
Sup Forumstards usually say networking sucks because of the pay...
I guess you could learn about infosec. webdev+networking is a good start, but all knowledge helps there

Thanks user

Hindi of course my brother

>kanji
Ah so you mean I can work in Taiwan
Cause Japanese kanji ain't doing shit for me in mainland china

Most programming languages actually are based on Latin.

Japanese if you want to be overworked
Chinese if you want to live in a shithole

You'll be fine with English, but I make it my goal to learn as much languages as possible, currently busy with Arabic and after that probably Spanish or Mandarin

Dipshit, kanji has nothing in pronunciation, it's completely different from Chinese with a few exceptions, and if anything your probably being taught the new Japanese characters, which is closer to mandarin than the older variant

Make a new fucking thread and link it

What
Is this agreement or not

Love both of these memes
Yes China is a shithole but a western worker would only be sent to the nice parts of cities
Yes Japan has a strict working culture but has changed a lot since the 80d

Really? The grammar is hell, there is so many different variations depending on who you are talking to. The kanji is the tip of the ice burg

Nearly everywhere except for the real fucking boonies Japanese people have no problem switching to Tokyo Japanese for you