I want to be a code monkey professionally

I want to be a code monkey professionally.
Where do I start?
Also please educate me on the command line and power shell.
I can't switch to linux btw. I have windows 10. I used to have a thinkpad as a teenager. Loved that little red mouse button. I see you guys like thinkpad but wouldn't it be too slow to code since it has a pentium (atleast mines did).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5W_wd9Qf0IE
youtube.com/watch?v=ltjPIpilqow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Put Linux on your main workstation like a real man.
That being said, powershell is really cool and a good time. Read pic related for best intro to the course.
Do you have any actual questions about Powershell because I'll answer

>Put Linux on your main station like a real man.
One day I'd love to but I can't right now

What exactly is the powershell for? What else can be done with it?

Why the fuck you can't? is because right now you're not a little man you lil queer?

Bump

Don't you think you're being a little hard on the Beaver?

You won't even learn if you don't install an os based on GNU/Linux in the first place. If you insist in having windows you could dual boot.

Install Linux.

What's stopping you from booting linux off of a usb?
You should be able to run almost any modern linux variant if you're running Win10.

lemme ask you, how do you feel about fritos, tab, and mountain dew?

I'm building a portfolio in some fields, like web and android, so I can be more attractive to companies (not that it FUCKING MATTERS BECAUSE THERE ARE PEOPLE WITH NO FUCKING EXPERIENCE WHO GET HIRED BUT I'M TRYING ANYWAYS) so I can code monkey for a paycheck too.
Make a good curriculum, I guess.

I like burgers and corndogs occasionally. I don't eat much junk food, why?

obscure reference
youtu.be/5W_wd9Qf0IE

I don't want to lose all my stuff. My laptop has 5th gen i3 and 6gb ram.

Because I am unaware of that procedure or how it works

What are the projects you need to fill a portfolio with?

Install GNU/Linux. There's no reason you can't.

It depends, in my country and city, most business get their panties wet with web (rails, django, php, et al.) and android, also java stuff.
I don't know about your place, but for an entry-level job it should be similar. Do some research.
>Do some research.

You write the iso to USB stick with Rufus app and it works if you boot from the USB. You can learn a lot by googling.
Sup Forums won't be helpful if you are this tech illiterate by the way. Try Reddit of a serious tech forum. (Serious)
YouTube videos help a lot about thing you don't know as well.

Dual boot, buy another hdd and have one for windows and one for Linux. Also just watch a bunch of youtube videos on bash, which you can use on windows now too.
youtube.com/watch?v=ltjPIpilqow

Nigger chinkpads are the easiest computers to install linux on.

t. chinkpad owner

>Because I am unaware of that procedure or how it works

if you want to learn how to code, you first gotta learn how to google shit.

I asked how to be a coder professionally.

Buy some books and read them.

Alright, after dual booting Linux. What's the next step? Another perquisite I don't know or will you share languages with me that will get me hired?

That's not dual booting. Pull the USB stick and Linux is gone.
I think you should stay on Windows for now.
I don't know about the business. Learn Python first.

Is this entire thread a fucking joke? If you can't even google shit then you have no hopes of being even a shitty code monkey. How do you expect to get anywhere in life when you need somebody else to create some fucking curriculum as to what you need to do? Use a god damn search engine, put in some work, and grow a brain.

I figured people with experience would be better. I was wrong most of these answers are filled with elitism. Thanks for the bump angry weirdo.

I messed up, sorry lol
>I don't know about the business.
Just keep telling me more coding/pc savy stuff you know. I never seen anyone talk about running linux via usb. Really want to try that sometime this week.

Figuring stuff out on your own is a big part of being a programmer, maybe the most important.

you know how I learned c++, c? stackoverflow.com
java? stackoverflow.com
python? that's right, python.org

if you really want to be a coder professionally you first need to be a coder unprofessionally and then go to college. Jesus, I though you WANTED to be a programmer. You should be googling how to write code before you even came to this post if you really meant it.

end your own life

Thanks for the laughs user.

Try out Linux, that alone made me ALOT more computersavvy just because Linux let's you do anything you want to do that you did not even imagine computers could. You can also install it without losing stuff by "dual booting", but ALWAYS have backup when you do any major changes to the computer (or anytime for that matter, a harddisk might fail just by chance and normal use. So you need to make sure that you have recovery disks for Windows anyway)

I'm going to do the usb method instead cause I'm broke. Thanks for not being a dick.

I wanted to the talk to you Sup Forumsuys though. Jeez.

(orginal first reply here, I promised to tell you at least something)
Powershell is a management and automation framework. (Most) anything you can do with cmd you can do with powershell, but better and automate it. It supports bash-like profiles and has its own package manager. Also available on linux and macos.
As well, it has aliases built-in (which can be expanded upon) for bash commands (ls, cd, mkdir, etc. are all aliases for Powershell's Verb-Noun cmdlets)
Here's an example to show off some syntax to make several files (named based on the number of files in the directory) and then perform a batch-rename on them.

> $word = 'penis'
Dat string, thanks user.
After I learn the basics of programming with whatever language I choose. (I've dabbled in python and c# in the past) I'm guessing making projects will require me to follow some tuts, but then will it ever become intuitive?

Maybe you don't interview well user.

It's second nature to me at this point. If you're familiar with c# or .net it will come more naturally, especially the lower-lying .net stuff

I only know how to basic shit in console application.
>Asks you what's your name
>Tells you to type your name
>Says your name and that its for faggots.
I can also
>The same shit but with addition and mentions of faggots
Anddd
>Do if statements.
This is with c#. With python I was following some youtube shit and literally writting it down and doing it. I'll get to python another day. I like c# more. I know java and other shit is more where the jobs are at. I don't want to jump around any more. C# is starting to click lately. Yeah I can google shit but why not ask here when I'm sure enough people on here can tell me what they did. I'm sure not everybody has a degree in CS and still has a job coding.

meant to say no mentions