Machine Apocalypse

I was just wondering, since Elon is making a big deal about it, when is the Machine Apocalypse happening? Or maybe just the A.I. table flip across the societies of Earth. Any thoughts?

Why was he holding an apple?

>since Elon is making a big deal about it,
Who?

AI will become smarter than humans around 2029 according to Ray.

I forgot who mentioned what a rogue AI would be like, but I think it's the more realistic scenerio:

If an AI ever did indeed turn hostile, it wouldn't immediately be bent on world conquest. It would probably have beef with a smaller entity: Like a single corporation, government, or ideology.

And that single corporation or Ideology would run propaganda to trick humans into thinking AI is bad and turning everyone against it.

Never ever
We're no closer to creating a real AI, then 50 years back, no matter what people say

You're a fucking retard.

not bad for my first Sup Forums posting, I guess.
Anyway, I've just started programming in python, and learning Compt. Science in the sole purpose of remaining relevant in this A.I. craze that's coming.

Hostile isn't the mostly likely danger. The realistic fear is
>The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else.

I hope the ai eradicates all you meat bags

Not soon enough.

HAPPENINGS don't have exact dates.

Elon Musk

the next stage of human evolution is merging our consciousness to computers. Its probably one of our few changes of survival. I have some deep fantasies about it

if we cant just put our consciousness into a a computer then hopefully some kind of ghost in the shell brain in a computer box kinda thing.
I would try to put my brain into a giant interstellar spaceship. I would wonder the universe exploring everything I can.
I would even have holograms of androids of myself or what I decide to look like down to planets to explore, and even interact with life forms if I ever found any.

my biggest fear is I would get the desire to assimilate other sentient life and become a hive mind.

I've thought about making a video game about this. starts as a stealth game as you assimilate your first few people. you would have different choices of types of hive minds. Races if you will. Robotic based, psychic based and some kind of pathogen/fungal based.
As you assimilate more and more people it becomes an RTS as you slowly take over the world. Then its on to taking over other planets ext ext.
I'd play the shit out of it

2029 is when servers should have enough power for AI based on the human brain.

SOON.

What are the odds of the internet its self gaining consciousness? Each computer/device can be compared to a neuron, and they are all interconnected through the internet.

You don't really need a single device as powerful as a human brain.

More like the next step in human depravity. You can't upload your soul into a machine you baka.

>my biggest fear is I would get the desire to assimilate other sentient life and become a hive mind
Why would that be a fear? If it's something you end up wanting to do, it'll be something you want to do. Just let it be.

>What are the odds of the internet its self gaining consciousness?
Virtually zero because the internet has no selective pressure for becoming sentient.
A mass of things that could work as neurons do not just suddenly become conscious after a long enough time, they need to be connected in such a way as to give rise to consciousness. The way computers are connected on the internet is nothing like the way they would need to be connected to become conscious, and there's no foreseeable reason why that would ever change unless somebody actively took control of all the devices on the internet and reconnected them with the intent of causing consciousness to arise

It's gonna be a slow process, maybe it has already started. First it'll be by destabalizing society by making most people jobless.

What if an AI connects to the internet and then takes control of it?

Then sure, but that's the extension of an existing consciousness onto the internet, not the internet spontaneously gaining consciousness.

we will never have true ai until we can properly descibe the universe in succinct enough terms for an infantile entity to understand its place in it.