AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Other urls found in this thread:

computerbase.de/2017-08/radeon-rx-vega-64-56-test/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If Vega barely competes against Pascal, what's the rush?

>amd delivers a turd
>nvidia pushes back volta

Why release anything when the competition won't show up?

Fucking AYYMD fags I swear to god.

Why would they release a new line up of GPUs when 10 series cards were just released?????????????????????

>Just released
>1 year ago

Ok.

It will be good if NVidia and based miners weed out gaymers from this board.

Good.
1050 Ti ftw.

They're probably going to keep selling existing GTX 1070/1080 cards, and miner specific cards for the rest of 2017.
I imagine the GTX 1080ti is a sample of what they want mainstream Volta to be, but that isn't going to happen unless TSMC is ready to deliver. Thats mid 2018 territory.

Its been more like 15 months hasn't it?

It's fine. 1080 Ti can keep up with new games for at least another 2 years.

I'm an AMD-fag, but this is not surprising, as Vega is literally a piece of shit. No need to hurry with Volta, when even Pascal beats Vega.

At least Ryzen is good, I hope miners jump onto Vega, making the 580 affordable.

800mm2 is not exactly a good size of a gaming chip.

>Vega is literally a piece of shit

>performs at the same level of cards that it price matches

This. We mush buy 1070/1080s to punish AMD for this.

>>performs at the same level of cards that it price matches
At literally double the power usage (v64 hitting 470 Watts LOL), 14 months after the competitions release.
You're a fucking retard.

Do you seriously think NVidia won't cut the price of their cards, effectively killing Vega?

The only target group for AMD cards in the last years were miners and now even they won't buy the cards because of the shitty power draw of Vega.

The cards would have to be a 100$ cheaper each to be worth a damn.

Why would Nvidia price drop when miners are buying everything dumb dumb, they should raise the price and cash in instead of sitting back and letting EVGA and Asus gave a party

DELID. THIS.

Delete yourself, sir. Please.

>now even they won't buy the cards

They already bought them, retard. Everywhere was sold out of Vega ten minutes after launch yesterday. Miners will be undervolting and underclocking the core anyway, so how much they draw when retarded reviewers crank the voltage and power limit sliders as high as they'll go is absolutely irrelevant.

Gaymers were a mistake and I hope you retards keep getting BTFO by having all your cards bought for mining.

Part of me would love for Vega to turn out to be a long con by AMD to lull Nvidia into a false sense of superiority and keep miners away from the cards and release some magical drivers that make the 64 beat the Ti. everyone will be caught unaware; Nvidia would be caught in a spot a little reminiscent of Intel and Ryzen.

That kind of chaos would be beautiful, like if Trump were to legalize marijuana tomorrow and nobody really knowing how they felt about him then.

That won't happen tho.
Anyway they've yet to enable culling through prim shader.

AMD's fault for releasing a garbage product.

>unironically thinking the gaming chip will be 800mm2
Retarded Sup Forumsirgin detected.

>Anyway they've yet to enable culling through prim shader.
RX Vega is out, that meme won't work anymore dumb shill.

Isn't this a good thing?
Remember when Bulldozer fail and intel keep releasing better CPU in each generation?
Why people against this?

>Remember when Bulldozer fail and intel keep releasing better CPU in each generation?
ha-ha...

But its a fact, each Intel new generation was always better and AMD cant counter it.
Now Nvidia will repeat the same history and AMD will do the same.

computerbase.de/2017-08/radeon-rx-vega-64-56-test/
It's true though. HBCC is inactive as well. Although I think people are overstating the improvements they will bring, if noticeable at all.

volta was due to 2018 so why the shitpost?

>volta comes out
>all new stuff is for machine learning
>gaymers get cucked again
Will they ever learn that they aren't the biggest and most profitable market for high end hardware?

>That won't happen tho.
Nvidia did it with the Titan XP when Vega Frontier Edition came out.

>This is what jewtards actually believe
I'm disappointed.

Vait for NAVI

volta is currently 800mm die... literally the most massive silicon they ever made.

My best guess here is that they went full accelerator and have little to no real improvements outside of niche on die things, so a consumer version may not happen for quite a long time if at all.

Sup Forums — technology of shitposting

>Amd will never beat kaby lake single core performance
>Amd will never beat Nvidia
U mad fanbois?

LOL no,

gamers never bought amd even when amd was the clear winner, which from the 4000-200 they were, nvidias 900 came out and the 980 was the only one clearly better than anything amd offered, then the 300 refresh happened, and there were legitimate reasons to consider amd over nvidia, mostly ram amounts and some games going over 4gb even at 1080p, those same cards today run games better than nvidia's cards do when maxing out textures because they have more ram.

Polaris is solid competition through the 1060 6gb if not the clear winner at msrp

but let's be honest, amd got shit on for how long by everyone even when they were the performance king, why would they release a consumer card? The only reason they stay in the market is because even some of the pie is a fucking large chunk and if amd can carve any of that away its a win for them.

with vega, I think the 1070 is no longer a realistic option if you have the psu to handle cut vega. in a few months time, the 1080 may not be an option for full air vega.

3rd parties will put out coolers that can handle a liquid oc on air, or more, and if the coin crashes or an asci comes out, the prices will be near msrp for said coolers.

Intel had competition with amd through the 4770, once they released the 4770 amd lost in every regard with it came to performance and the cheaper price point of amd was not worth the difference. remember for rendering amd was better then intel for quite a while even if bulldozer sucked for single core, multicore it was better than intel.

once intel surpassed amd they sat on their dick and put the same cpu out 4 times now (skylake, kaby lake, skylake x, and coffee lake) but intel got caught with their pants down.

If amds initiatives to push half precision pay off, nvidia could get caught with their pants down too as they throttle the fuck out of half precision while amd offers double single.

im willing to pay that to have more control over my cards clocks, fucking my 1060 is shit in acdsee because it clocks down to much and rapidly clocks up, I can't set the clock rate to a constant, and when I power manage the card for performance with that application, nvidia locks it to 1500 core clock, at least with amd I have control over what my card does.

depends on application but it will likely notably improve performance from matching a 1080 to slightly above a 1080.

>AMD releases awesome card with all new technologies like HBCC, new kind of memory, Redesign of CU's, Primitive discard accelerator and superior feature set in DX12.

>Gamers mad cause games dont make use of any of the above which results in bad performance.

AMD always plays the long game. Like it or not.

either drivers or coin market to crash so the market is flooded with these cards, if I could get a cut vega for 200~$ it may be worth the risk on a die roll.

amd beat nvidia for a solid 5 generations and no one bought them.

and amd is moving to a new process that is targeting 5ghz as its normal operating clock rate, zen2 is going to shit on kabylake even if its ONLY a process shift, meanwhile intel is regressing when they move to the 10nm process.

AMD just realized the parts required to build the ultimate Blender machine though.

The long con is that they're waiting for the open source community to write the drivers, so amd can "fine wine" it in a few years.

When the cards have matured I'll probably buy them if nothing else is available.

>IF the coin market crashes

Might not gonna happen.

Nvidiia only releases things when AMD threatens them. Literally 9d inter-dimensional chess. They knew Vega might be slightly faster than 1080 so they released 1080 Ti. They knew that it's better at workload tasks so they released Quadro drivers for Titans. They know that Pascal is even more successful series than Maxwell so they won't cannibalize their own sales.

No surprise here to be honest. Nvidia is still king of the market right now. It doesn't need to push anything. Heck, they can sit comfy until 2018 with no issues and deliver the new Volta series GPUs in May. it would still be 0 problem.

I am willing to wait. It's going to be the same good performance per watt type of card that Pascal is right now. I am willing to bet, Nvidia will try their hardest to make the GTX 1180 a 150W card and the 1170 a 120W card. If they will do so and still increase the performance nicely... my son, AMD is going to need to respond, and quick. I mean 6 months quick or else it will be publicly called crappy. I mean... let's be honest 300W Vega 64 and 380W power draw on the watercooled version (@linus) is stupid high.

1080ti is good for 1440p but numerous games can't stay above 60fps on actual max settings.

Lucky I have a g-sync panel

Ryzen brings a fuckload of new things and ways to do things and as a result, it's not very optimized yet.
I would not place a bet on which company will hold the single performance crown for the next 10 years, because can swing either way.

it competes fine against 1070 and 1080. only the 1080Ti is without reach but not everyone wants to spend 1080Ti dollarioos.

is volta even coming to consumers?
wasn't it supposed to be exclusively paired with IBM CPUs?

You're talking 1.7 meme aka V100.
Compute Volta =/= consumer Volta.

I should say the gpu mining is going to crash, either people will make it not profitable to use a gpu unless your power is fucking nothing or an asci will hit that makes it useless to use a card to mine.

I may buy vega at that point too... but navi is looking to be the collimation of vega refined along with a massive boost in overall performance through mcm, this will allow a fuck load of power for cheap, see threadripper or epyc, and 3d rendering is VERY scalable, the main issue with it currently is that doing it real time needing to go through crossfire or sli, that never allowed it to be used to it's potential, but if every gpu is effectively crossfire, either it will have drivers for every game, or in firmware the shit will be handled allowing better scalability.

If nvidia pushed a new gpu right now that pushed 1070 performance to 1060 3gb prices, and 1060 6gb down to 1050, they would likely take likely take such a commanding lead in the gpu market that amd would be shut out. I know a fuck load of people who are on older amd cards, from 280 to fury x that were waiting on navi or vega, and if nvidia pushed something that is that substantial an upgrade right now, even the die hard amd people would begrudgingly upgrade to nvidia because prices can't be beat, and amd is a solid 1-2 years away from navi. a 1070 performance for 250$ would be a definitive gpu.

>too costly
Fucking jews think they can Rob our wallets

Controllable crash is good crash.

from sandy bridge to skylake there is nothing in terms of real perf gains. My 3770 actually gets btfo by 8350 if u oc that space heater to 5niggerherz.

I find it laughable that you kiddies think nvidia are purposely withholding tech for whatever retarded reason like yours.

Volta is simply not ready to be used for gaymers, it's expensive. Also the naive thought that nvidia can just cut down prices is also laughable. AMD is not even a threat to nvidia at this point. any kind of price cuts will cut their margins which in return will not please the stockholders.

when will you kids learn that everything in this world has to do with money. nvidia doesn't give a fuck about gamers, no company gives a flying fuck about anything except money. maybe that's a difficult concept to grasp when you're living with your parents and feeding off someone else like a parasite.

nvidia will keep selling pascal until volta will be be profitable for gaming.

>gaymurzz was a mistake