What firefox fork should i use?

what firefox fork should i use?
I have a crappy pentium 4 computer and when i run mozilla firefox it cooks up my cpu to 100% and my cooler goes like a jet engine...
and i'm also a winfag
so what should i use?
pale meme or cybercuck

Other urls found in this thread:

ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuzilla/52.1.0/icecat-52.1.0-gnu1.tar.bz2
sourceforge.net/projects/lightfirefox/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Icecat.

I don't fucking get how to install that piece of gnu software into my fucking winfag pc

It's time to get a better computer. You don't even need to spend a lot, just get a cheap intel celeron build.
Although, considering you'd be building an entire system; cheap celeron, + mobo + ram + new hard drive + power supply is like $140.
Then maybe throw in a used 5570 or something for another $30 and it adds up.

Still, new computer, dude. Note that I didn't say you had to buy a new case, reusing the old one will work.

>uses the "user friendly" os
>can't use a computer

Why not?

You download this, unpack it and click the exe?
ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuzilla/52.1.0/icecat-52.1.0-gnu1.tar.bz2

You should install Void GNU/Linux and use i3wm if your hardware is struggling as much as you say. If you can't get Firefox Nightly running well after that, you could try qutebrowser.

On my P4 I run Lubuntu (derivative of Ubuntu). It runs Firefox just fine. I can't play 1080p movies. But for most things I don't have any issue. Of course I use a script blocker and an adblocker.

My P4 does have winXP installed on it. I haven't booted into it in years. But FF ran just fine on it. Not sure why you would have issues. Do the cpu spikes happen on particular sites? If your issue is just with certain sites then try using a script and ad blocker. You should also test with the Botnet Browser...if you have similar results then you should really consider either using a lightweight linux distro OR getting better hardware.

This has been irritating the hell out of me. Shortly after starting, for a period of literally 3-5 minutes, firefox just sits there locked up entirely. Often it locks up the entire system, disk indicator light stays solid, cpu usage is high.

For what purpose. With no network access I opened a simple fucking offline html file (the w3c png spec page), it rendered. It was working fine. What the is there to be doing in the background? Cache related bullshit? Something else? Fuck the cache. Fuck you.

Completely absurd. Firefox seems to become worse with every release. I'm using an older computer but this just seems like lazy, sloppy design. Yet again.

Waterfox

Pale moon is heavier than Firefox. If you are a real ramlet, get used to seamonkey or use firefox while disabling multiprocessing until it's mandatory even on it's shitty forks

i use pcxfirefox which works surprisingly well

use chrome as it is one of the few who use as little gpu cores as possible

try K-meleon

>Pale moon is heavier than Firefox
fagg

he can get even cheaper than that with an apollo lake celeron or pentium

Have you tried using extensions like noscript?

You can probably find a better computer than that in a skip or rubbish dump

New PC time. Start dumpster diving. Place near me got all new office computers and they said I can just take their old ones as they throwing them away (no HDD) anyway. All old Dells with first generation i3's. 4GB ram.

>Often it locks up the entire system, disk indicator light stays solid, cpu usage is high.
look at
about:memory
and whatnot, because when I have that happen its seems like it keeps doing pageswaps and windows is great so they team up and uh yeah
Also some shitty javascript in one window shouldn't be allowed to fill 10gb of swap with ? by itself but yeah

hey op, i was gifted an old laptop back in 2012 which had a dualcore at 2ghz and i stumbled upon a similar question. i found out this trimmed version of firefox called "light" that doesnt include any garbage extensions/addons and works quite nice, but its about 5 versions behind.

sourceforge.net/projects/lightfirefox/

another recommendation i can give is using whatever browser and disabling javascript.

Firefox is a CPU eater, try Chrome or Palememe