Anyone feel the same as me?

I don't play videogames anymore
All I do is get old game consoles, clean them and install homebrew software on them. Install a bunch of games on them and then don't play them.

I like collecting games and consoles, but I never really play them, does anyone do the same?

I like collecting music and video games and anime and I hardly watch or enjoy any of it.

Installing linux on game consoles is pretty stupid though.

Remember the installing linux on things meme

I wonder why it ever died

I can't even afford food.

because it was fucking useless.
you should collect coupons.

This is me

I have so:
N-Gage
N-Gage QD
PSP3000 (pro cfw)
PSV1000 (enso)
PSV2000 (enso)
PS3 slim (rebug)
Wii (homebrew)

what else should I buy?

Be sure to place a rag on your console to prevent dust.

Im sort of like you, but I only play one game. I have tons of old console, tons of emulators, tons of roms, etc, etc, but I only play the same game I've been playing for the last 12 years because Im good at it and I dont have time to learn any others

N3DS XL
PSP 2000 (better screen than 3000)
PSP 1000 (better ergonomics than all other psps)
Psp go (best screen hands down)
PS3 Fat
Wii U

Also, for fun, try backlighting various gameboy models.

What game is it?

>collect coupons
That's not how "kys yourself" spells

Then how the fuck can you afford an internet connection?

PS2 fat with a hdd is dank
the only thing i use to play videogames anymore myself

world of warcraft, but I only play on vanilla and tbc private servers because the game went to shit

Sort of.

Last week I spent 3 days trying to fix my pstwo. For what? Exactly fuck all. I wanted to make sure it worked, but I'm not exactly playing games on it.

>PSP 1000 (better ergonomics than all other psps)
my nigger

You guys have free mcboot on it? I can't get the swap trick to work properly

I do.

You mean blocking the sensors or the timing with switching discs?

Probably the timing. I'm using Rachet and Clank 3 with the SLY2 demo. I've tried to manipulate both the demo ELF and the SCES binary, but every time I swap it just says it's not a PS1/2 disc... :(

Not sure, I do the swap trick for PS1 games (though not anymore since I found a way to play import backups without having to do that shit) and I have to switch discs just right after it starts spinning down a little bit slower for the first time.

I have only one PS1 game, some stupid tiny game called Hugo - Bukkazoom. It's terribly optimized, so I think it should be pretty easy to swap. Thing is, I don't have any burnable CD's.. Only DVDs... I think the laser would get confused af if it suddently had a DVD on there instead.
>though not anymore since I found a way to play import backups without having to do that shit
How?

Sure, the path is the goal. I just like to finish projekts like this. I have a crazy modded Gamecube that can start games off an SD card. I don't play on it though.
Some years ago I hacked a russian tv receiver to unlock pay tv. I didn't even watch anything on it.
The learning process while doing shit like this is what I am looking for.

Well, this is only to play PS1 games and requires FCMB anyways. I don't think this is going to help you much, but you might need it in the future. So:

1. Use some sort of NTSC to PAL converter to patch them PS1 games before burning them. The PS2 is hella finicky with PS1 imports and it only eats them with the swap trick

2. Use an original PS1 game, boot the console and stop the drive with uLaunchELF (it'll do that if you enabled the disc control option)

3. Switch discs after it stops spinning completely

4. Open a little program called PS2VmodeNeg which will either switch video mode from PAL to NTSC or viceversa

That's it. Unpatched games do not show the PS1 logo and they only work with a double swap (Original game -> own region patched gameshark -> other region backup) that takes ages.

If you've got a ps2 make sure you get Mercenaries. It doesn't fucking work on anything but a super computer for pc emulation.

I've always wanted to upgrade my computer and get a mech keyboard and good mouse and 144hz screen to play games, but now that I have a job and money to buy all that I really am not feeling it anymore.

I bought the mech keyboard because I do typing for work, but the rest of the stuff I can't justify buying.
I was going to upgrade this month and then realized I don't really play games anymore.
It's whatever.

thanks ~

No problem. I use SetRegion which doesn't do any other patching than bypassing the region lock.