Leatherjacketman says AMD no longer on the radar, we Intel now

Leatherjacketman says AMD no longer on the radar, we Intel now.

They don't even need to worry about anything, as AMD didn't deliver anything that would match 1080Ti performance-wise. We'll see how that goes with Vega64 and AMDs FineWine technology.
The market is going to stagnate though.

>They don't even need to worry about anything, as AMD didn't deliver anything
I recall the same thing being said by Intel fanboys about 2 years ago.

>just wait 5 years

>The market is going to stagnate
It would stagnate anyway, hell, the jacketman is hitting the reticle limits with his meme toys.
The first to achieve MCM GPU will win the markets.

GPU R&D cycles are much shorter.
And besides, AMD is about to get bags of money.

Like they did with Polaris?

If the market is going to stall for a while then I want amd to release a mid/low tier vega, aimed at the chasm between 560 and 570.

What has Polaris to do with all that?

>aimed at the chasm between 560 and 570
This will never happen.

>This will never happen.
Why? Are they trying to push people towards the 570?

So the kikes are paying for graphics card shilling now? Guess they realized they can't compete.

the 500 series was suppose to stay in play even when vega was released.

Maximise sales smart man

more over I think jensen might just make a pascal refresh instead and it looks ike the rumors are more or less spot on.

even if they just changed out the memory with DDR6 they could make some mean gains.

The GTX 1080ti is 25-30% faster on average than Vega64 while consuming less power.
AMD needs more than just "fine wine" to deal with that.

>They don't even need to worry about anything, as AMD didn't deliver anything that would match 1080Ti performance-wise
>AMD is out of business because they didn't beat the highest end top product of NVidia, that only 0.01% of gamers use
>meanwhile AMD has beat NVidia in all their other cards pricepoint

given more than half the cards features on the vega 64 are disabled I think its too soon for hard estimates IMO.

AMD needs the Vega64 to compete with the 1080ti, but absolutely nothing has indicated that will be the case. Is 30% more performance just going to come out of nowhere because of some primitive shader feature? Is effective memory bandwidth going to increase 50%?
If that were so why is no one talking about it? The official release day has come and NDA is up. Why is AMD not assuring people that a mammoth performance increase is coming?

In /r/AMD land maybe.

Would be true for up to Vega 56 .. if miners hadn't raped the market to death.

AMD and NVidia both know MCM GPUs are the next step. It really comes down to who gets there first.

My bet is:
AMD will be first (it is their next architecture, while Nvidia most likely plans it as architecture after Volta), but NVidia will still have more marketshare just because.

The water is wet. /thread.

water isn't actually wet though

>They don't even need to worry about anything, as AMD didn't deliver anything that would match 1080Ti performance-wise.
AMD will need to make a four HBM2 stack version of RX Vega for that, piggybacked off Vega 20 development. Vega is extremely bandwidth hungry and two HBM2 stacks isn't enough to keep Vega fed.

The issue isn't the number of stacks, the issue is that they're getting very poor effective vs theoretical bandwidth.
Fury had an issue with low bandwidth, and Vega still has the same problem.

Eh, I didn't really expect to get Volta in time for this Christmas though, I don't even know why anyone would considering NVIDIA has said nothing of the sort, nor have there been any rumors in that regard. I expect it to pop up Q1-Q2 2018, kind of the same way Pascal appeared.

The launch RX Drivers partially fixed the raw memory bandwidth issues (RX Vega 64 now shows similar ~360 GB/s in AIDA64 memory copy test), but the effective bandwidth is still below Fiji levels.

That being said, Vega is still much more bandwidth hungry than Pascal, and would need much more bandwidth than fixes on the 2 stack version can give to fully stretch its legs. Its geometry performance trades blows with a P6000 in scenarios where it isn't bandiwdth bound (e.g. Creo, Solidworkds, 3ds Max).

I guess we won't see cheaper 1080 or 1080ti.

pretty much everyone knew volta would be a 2018 release anyway. probably holiday 2018

Vega was never meant for games, they were more of an afterthought.

This shit right here though is gonna print money

Why would they. 1080ti is significantly faster than fastest vega and is only $50-100 more.

Amd chose not to compeet for the last few rounds so why would nvidia send in their star players.

Oh the ironing...

They matched nvidia's 1070 and 1080 cards. They ginner for the low end of the market and just barely made it. Few people will buy 56 or 64 over the nvidia counterpart but not enough to make a difference.

With that level of performance AMD needed to be another $100 cheaper if they wanted to disrupt the market. Aparently the gpu division is run by retards.

That min framerate tho
>its only Vega56

>Muh 1080p
>No one Wil ever want 4k
>4k is a meme
>buy my shitty card polx

holy shit just noticed that lighting is fucking bad

> out pipeline is filled with exciting new toys for gamers
If it's not Volta no one cares, keep all your kike shit.

I'm not paying for a 3 year old architecture just so you can drop Volta next year and leave me 2 generations behind.

Greedy faggots.

>Aparently the gpu division is run by retards.
>put a streetshitter in charge

Vega was never meant to be anything more than a competitive midrange GPU and it is. It can be undervolted and overclocked extremely well and is cheaper than its closest competition the 1070. NV has the fastest GPU sure but how many people buy that? Not many. AMD is owning the more lucrative midrange and budget offerings.

Navi will be competing with Volta and most likely winning. Vega successfully closed the gap left by maxwell. NV still has the fastest card that nobody can afford. Big woop.

In short, zen2 + navi will be the one true masterrace. The sweet spot for buying was the 2500k + 390 combo. Anything past this point is vanity. Zen2 + navi will be the next major upgrade point.

volta is vaporware.

>390

the 390 was fucking garbage for most of it's life because of the shitty abortion crimson drivers which caused nothing but problem after problem.

t. ex 390 owner

I meant to say 290. It could be flashed to a 390x. Whatever crash problems you have is due to your own self inclicted retardation.

I'm not buying a nuclear plant to power a Vega 64 user

amd no longer on the radar
meanwhile we cant produce a bigger monolithic chip cause the yields are so terrible that we need to wait years for consumers

FIRE RAJA

AMDelusional

>The market is going to stagnate though.

It has been for 4-5 years now. I've been trying to upgrade from a 6950 since five years, but there's just no card that isn't overpriced, oversized, taking a shit at costumers, or has decent performance. The 470/570 would've been great but miners ruined the pricing.

>Is 30% more performance just going to come out of nowhere because of some primitive shader feature?

If it can be made working, potentially.

>Is effective memory bandwidth going to increase 50%?

The second memory controller is not used, so potentially.

However, they'd need a hardware engineer to confirm what the fuck is going on first. The silicon might just be broken in the first place.

How nice.
They could just drop the hammer and destroy AMD.
But they won't, because they can jew more shekels from you for longer.

where to buy the autism cap?

who would have thought the main goal of corporations is to make the most money off retards

At this point, Nvidia could literally sell driver updates and still get away with it.

>Mcm gpu

Explain

>spending $1000 to pay call of duty
Absolute state of pc gaming

Dual-quad core GPUs

Probably on Navi and Volta around 202x

>half the features are disabled
>an entire memory channel is not working

Jesus fucking christ listen to yourself you moron.

>FineWine
more like FireWatts am i rite?

get a 1060

Huge dies were a mistake.