How does one keep up-to-date on bias-free and competently written and researched technology news?

Techmeme is your best option.

Breitbart, infowars and Trump tweets.

>Techmeme
They seem to have a bias and also report on topics only tentatively related to technology?

Nice memeing, Richard.

This.
Did you hear Trump modernized our nuclear arsenal? Apparently without buying a single missile, warhead, bomber, submarine, or guidance system, too. He's a tech genius.

Techmeme is an aggravator. They don't write their own articles.

aggregator*

He painted them all a gender neutral colour and changed the bias language to more PC language:
>Master override
To
>Important override

So, that was a meme too?
There must be a serious option?

By knowing about the subjects involved enough to know who's talking horseshit.

I was thinking more about the source.
Since most mainstream media publishing on such topics is trite.
I was seeing if Sup Forums had any quality resources that weren't common knowledge.

Anything else?

Reuters app
Associated Press app

Newswire services don't make money by being heavily biased

>that was a meme too?
What was? Do you not know what an aggregator is or something?

I do.
But I was thinking more of development news, not "tech news" that is nothing more than thinly veiled political news.

Fair enough although you can refine what you're looking for if it's something specific.

Godlike productions

>bias-free
Reporting is subjective by definition.

>competently written and researched
Not an economically viable model for ad-supported websites.

I get all my tech news from comments on Slashdot and HackerNews. 95% of them are shit, but hidden among them are gems of wisdom and insight written by autists that seem to spend all their free time researching whatever topic is discussed.

How the fuck can tech news have bias?

>Reporting is subjective by definition.
No it isn't.
A thesis is you REPORTING your findings and a scientific thesis should be objective.

>Not an economically viable model for ad-supported websites.
Then I guess I'm not looking for websites that support advertisement, because certainly don't.
I block ads.

>I get all my tech news from comments on Slashdot and HackerNews. 95% of them are shit, but hidden among them are gems of wisdom and insight written by autists that seem to spend all their free time researching whatever topic is discussed.
Thank you for some actual insight, rather than 'debating' the thread subject; for some bizarre reason.

See the memes spouted here.

Original:
>Then I guess I'm not looking for websites that support advertisement, because certainly don't.
Is corrected to:
>Then I guess I'm not looking for websites that support advertisement, because I certainly don't.

Just do what I do and browse Sup Forums on a daily bases. Probably the least biased place in the internet these days.

Quite possibly, at least one of them.

Ars Technica is alright but definitely biased

>A thesis is you REPORTING your findings and a scientific thesis should be objective.
Lrn2philosophy because you don't seem to understand the word. If there's "you reporting" then there's a perceiving subject, which is the fucking definition of subjectivity. A thermomether showing 30°C is objective, because it's an object independent of any subject's perception. A person's "report" on how it's hot tonight is subjective, because he's the fucking perceiving subject and even the words he chooses in his report are inherently subjective. So yeah, reporting is subjective by definition.

>Then I guess I'm not looking for websites that support advertisement
Again you didn't seem to understand, so let me rephrase: you don't get quality content for free, you millenial faggot.

>Sup Forums over complicates to sound smart.
So, I'm going to make it REALLY simple for your dumb mind to comprehend.
You take the specs and the apparent function of the technology and convey it to the public, bias-free, verbatim if needs be.
Now do you understand dumb-dumb?
Nothing about epistemology needed, you college regurgitating faggot.

>Again you didn't seem to understand, so let me rephrase: you don't get quality content for free, you millenial faggot.
>you millenial faggot.
>Spouts off epistemology when it isn't needed for a simple subject that isn't hard to grasp.
Pot.
Kettle.
Black.
Methinks.
And yes you can, faggot, stealing isn't morally wrong unless someone catches you.

Now, pick up your teeth and fuck off back to halls, you've some meme philosophy to be reading.

>You take the specs and the apparent function of the technology and convey it to the public
Go read spec sheets from producers' websites and be informed as fuck then.

>stealing isn't morally wrong
What the hell are you rambling about? Seriously, are you high?
I pointed out that providing free content on the internet with crappy ads displayed next to it is not a business model that can afford well researched journalism. Which is why all free news sites consist of clickbaity shit with no substance. Whether you block ads or what your moral views are is irrelevant and something I give 0.0 fucks about.

>Go read spec sheets from producers' websites and be informed as fuck then.
I want it aggregated and arranged neatly, thanks.

>What the hell are you rambling about?
Don't be a hypocrite, you were being equally facetious.
>Seriously, are you high?
No.
But drugs should be legalized.
>I pointed out that providing free content on the internet with crappy ads displayed next to it is not a business model that can afford well researched journalism.
What happened to altruism?
In all serious, I'm fine with theft.
>Which is why all free news sites consist of clickbaity shit with no substance.
True.
>Whether you block ads or what your moral views are is irrelevant and something I give 0.0 fucks about.
Fair enough.
But again, we were being equally facetious.