Well shit

Does anyone know how to fix these things?

Other urls found in this thread:

ifixit.com/Device/Sega_Game_Gear
amazon.com/Sega-Game-Gear-Capacitor-Replacement-Kit/dp/B005VR2OUG
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sure, buy a new one on eBay.

is not financially viable, just buy a working one.

I ment how do i fucking fix it...

put it in a dishwasher. it'll come right out.

>ment
You're... probably not gonna be able to fix it

>IT DOESN'T WORK
>HOW FIX

Not that I intend to provide you any form of free tech support, you aren't going to get anywhere further than your own asshole if you aren't going to describe why the fucking thing doesn't work.

The internals could have been entirely replaced by a wasp nest for all I know.

What's wrong? Screen cracked? Otherwise replace all the capacitors.

install gentoo

if u get it up and running buy Shining Force and play it on mushrooms in a dark room

Don't bother trying to fix it. Go online and watch videos on how to mod it with a Raspberry Pi Zero W.

insert fresh batteries, the old ones are probably empty now.
DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE WRONG WAY AROUND

replace glass and recap
NGPCs almost always need recapping.

wew just realised that's a game gear, not a NGPC. Same advice applies though.

Have you tried sticking it in your ass?

ifixit.com/Device/Sega_Game_Gear

Now shut the fuck up.

You're probably going to get actual advice that's helpful there, now stop shitting up this board.

Just replace the broken bits

Where the hell did you even get one of these? I got one for Christmas like over 20 years ago and the first fucking thing I did was accidentally drop it on the concrete ground...

If anyone knows it's them

If the screen is non-readable, your caps are burst. Recapping is the way.

I fucking love my Game Gear. I need to pull it out and play a few games on it.

It was so superior compared to the GameBoy. I had a carry case, a battery pack, the little TV attachment!

too bad the you know whos stole the airwaves and the tv attachment will never work again

>Implying I would want to watch TV on that screen now

take it out, make a cast and
mold a new one

Your thread made me take a trip down memory lane. Thank you.

that thing looks so comfy compared to any Nintendo product ever made.

Gotta replace the caps bro

amazon.com/Sega-Game-Gear-Capacitor-Replacement-Kit/dp/B005VR2OUG

superior is debateable.

This fucker required 6 AA batteries and lasted 3 hours at a time when you had no rechargeables, gameboy could legitimately last 10 on 4 AA

gameboy was better here.

as for games, I cant speak, I had fucking sonic and ren and stimpy by next christmas the stores had no games and it was specialty only.

The batteries are the worst part about it though.

I bet if you replace the screen and part of its highvoltage circuitry with an lcd and led, you get double the runtime

We have rechargeable batteries now, this is just an issue that we had when we were kids and we got these devices. I can always plug it into a wall socket but was never portable system for me, however my Game Boy serve me well going up to my grandparents house six hours up and down, and also was my best friend at weddings.

I remember my Game Boy fondly because I had a lot of its best games, I don't remember the game gear fondly because I had one really shitty game and one sonic game. Not to mention the screen was shit too if I remember correctly.

Not to say Game Boy was any better, both screens horribly blurred when moving, but at least in the games I had the ren and stimpy and it sonic it was horrific.

Jamal pls