What email do you Sup Forumsentooman use? Looking for alternatives to this piece of shit

What email do you Sup Forumsentooman use? Looking for alternatives to this piece of shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

ecommercetimes.com/story/Comcast-Google-Can-Publish-Users-Email-Contents-84721.html
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/12/cock-li-e-mail-server-seized-by-german-authorities-admin-announces/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The only comfy email application available desu

Gmail? It's for my professional shit. Cock.li for all my burners

cock.li is compromised lol

GroupWise [spoiler];)[/spoiler]

Tutanota and Protonmail. Looking to check out Disroot.

Sylpheed on the client side, exim/dovecot (on a rented server) on the server side.

ecommercetimes.com/story/Comcast-Google-Can-Publish-Users-Email-Contents-84721.html

why is outlook so slow in comparison to gmail? is there anyway to force use light mode? apparently only if you have an old browser or super slow internet, are you allowed to select light mode.

It's a burner so I don't care about what's on it.

Protonmail/Tutanota

email provider or email client?

Client: Thunderbird
Provider: Gmail for most and my own domain for the rest.
Protonmail and mail.com are supposedly rather good.
In any case, do not use the webmail interface. Use Thunderbird with PGP and enigmail addon and encrypt/sign everything

do you have any source on that?

>Gmail

protonmail and cock.li

Does PGP or other email encryption matter if people one sends emails to doesn't also use it? I want to use it, but trying to convince people I communicate with to use it hasnt worked in the past

That's why I use tuta for people who can't be bothered. Just give them a password on a piece of paper that they can remember, and it sends them a message letting them know they have an encrypted message, with a link. They click on the link, enter the password, and the message decrypts.

it keeps your emails encrypted on the server, no matter to whom you write them to, thats a big advantage.

You can still sign your messages, even if they do not use PGP.

But you cannot encrypt messages to them if you do not have their public key.

One day hopefully all email will be encrypted but default

So if I use PGP, emails that I have in my email account are encrypted? What's the benefit of me signing my messages if someone I'm sending an email to doesn't use encryption? It confirms to them that it's my email that sent it?

What's wrong with outlook? Are you talking about the software or the email service?

Good luck with that. There's no way that the average person wants to deal with that hassle on a regular basis. I mean, you'll likely get encrypted mailboxes by default, but the odds of all email being encrypted are close to nil.

That said, I've been successful in pushing people to use encrypted instant messengers. Wire, Signal, WhatsApp, Wickr, etc. Obviously Signal is preferable, but they need to get a desktop client on Mac/Windows/Linux like Wire.

1. Yes.
2. It comfirms that it was you (that is someone who has access to your private key) who signed it

squirrelmail

Cool, that's good to know. Thanks for the info
After the initial setup I think it would get a lot easier and more secure in the long run.

really nigga?

>After the initial setup I think it would get a lot easier and more secure in the long run.
Not really. I mean, if I wanted to send an email from tutanota to protonmail, there would be the same shit as if there was an email sent to gmail or outlook. This is by protonmail's choice, as tutanota wanted to remedy this.

Outlook and Exchange 2013.

Get a domain name and use your hosters web mail. Then setup an app to manage emails on your desktop.

I have an email with [first + last initials]@[myname].com

Yes, really. What's wrong with it? Botnet?

>Get a domain name and use your hosters web mail. Then setup an app to manage emails on your desktop.

Doing with Comcast allows them to publish your emails. Would not recommend, unless you both send and receive encrypted mail exclusively regarding anything important.

Geary

get a hoster in switzerland.
Or russia for anything US-related (since they wont give anything to NSA but everything to FSB)
Or Iceland, they seem to not give any data to anyone

Hong Kong works, too.

as long as you dont have anything to do with china, yes

Protonmail and Tutanota

I use gmail. I hate google, nut it just works so well.

spoof your user agent?

Anyone know anything about Nylas Mail?

Why?

its the only decent free email provider.
and @outlook.com sounds more pro than free emails like @gmail or @yandex.

if your concern in privacy, then host your own, thats the only 100% way you can assure privacy for your ebay loli figure transactions.

Gmail on one domain (G Suite) and two other domains run on my own VPS with Postfix, Dovecot, Roundcube etc. shit

i use an email client i wrote using python because i have my own domain, but im also autistic and have no friends and often find myself emailing terry davis from fake email addresses such as the pope's asking him to give temple os networking capability

comcast does webhosting?

I use Justhost, they manage my server, domain name, email

The only "pro" email is a unique domain name. One that you own.

oh god, please dont get comcast for anything.

choose literally any other provider for webhosting that is not comcast

this sounds sensible.

it is quite easy to write your own email client in python

plebs not having your own exchange server

Do you think HR gives a shit?

Unless you're a freelance or consultant, then yes it does matter. Otherwise, HR will not care as long as you don't use something like [email protected]

Outlook at work, thunderbird at home.

Yandex because i am not a bitch

kekkle.

would be funny to make a fake resume with MS in CS from berkely or stanford and put that email on there.

[email protected]
.t Alucard

I use cock.li with thunderbird. I also use them for XMPP.

>using email with "cock" on the domain name
Found the NEETs.

this, but with claws-mail

Cock.li has plenty of other domain names like airmail.cc and firemail.cc which are pretty sfw desu mi familia.

I use @outlook because it's the only free one that sounds professional.

I use Thunderbird with the lightning add-on for my calendar. I have a hosted domain providing e-mail, CalDAV, etc.

Works great, except when somebody sends me an event, I cannot change the heading/name/description/etc. I would like to be able to attach my own notes and edit the event name ( a lot of people use non-descriptive names/locations)
How do I do that?

I use @horsefucker.org as a matter of fact

Mail.app

It justwerks

>unironically using botnets like Gmail or Outlook/Hotmail/Yahoo

If I see someone with a Gmail account I assume he doesn't know or give a shit about basic internet hygiene and if it's an Outlook/Hotmail address I assume a senile old person that shouldn't be allowed near a computer.

The basic rule is that if you pick a 3rd party email provider, pick one that does email only, not something that has its tentacles everywhere.

What's the least shit one that supports POP3?

wow you really showed everyone how smart, superior and turbovirgin you are, better go down to the basement and cry till i fall asleep

unseen.is has POP3 and seems cool, no?

Used to use Gmail. Still keep the account around as a catchall for junk. Switched to Fastmail for everything else.

believe it or not thunderbird tons of plugins to make it better and it's pretty lightweight still

mailbox.org and mutt

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/12/cock-li-e-mail-server-seized-by-german-authorities-admin-announces/

well shit, thanks for that pal

>compromised

Email on my own server; cock.li + Thunderbird; K9-Mail.

Pages

>Works better than MS Office
>Multiple export formats
>Fully Docx compatible
>Free
>Lightweight
>GUI isn't shit

>Use Thunderbird with PGP and enigmail addon and encrypt/sign everything
I would, if multipart emails sent to mailman based mailing lists wouldn't get completely fucked up altering the signed content.

This is the first I'm hearing of a light mode. I can't believe how slow it got when they updated to outlook. I miss hotmail.