Why are these so hard to find

and no i'm not paying $15 shipping for a $3 adapter

Other urls found in this thread:

dx.com/p/usb-female-to-ps2-male-convertor-plug-2702
ebay.com/itm/2X-USB-Female-in-to-Male-Adapter-Converter-for-PS2-Computer-Keyboard-Mouse/151755627969?_trkparms=aid=555014&algo=PL.DEFAULT&ao=1&asc=41376&meid=80fe20db860141f8b2005dc6eec2e1ee&pid=100505&rk=1&rkt=1&&_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226
amazon.com/USB-Female-Male-Adapter-Mouse/dp/B00HDGULP8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1502878364&sr=8-3&keywords=usb ps2
ebay.co.uk/itm/PS2-Convertor-to-A-USB-Male-Plug-Adapter-Converter-For-Computer-Keyboard-Mouse-/252955349995?hash=item3ae55053eb:g:zGkAAOSwX61ZGVtO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dx.com/p/usb-female-to-ps2-male-convertor-plug-2702
$1 delivered. Dumbass.

>look on ebay
>shitloads for $1 free shipping

you're just inept is all.

I have enough of those to fill Lake Erie.

>why are these so hard to find
Because you literally aren't even trying.

Entered "usb to ps2 adapter" in ebay, 2x of the stuff for one dollah is the first result.

I've got one kicking around somewhere you can have for free.

Post your address and I'll use the fabulous Britbongistan Royal Mail to post it to you.

That'll be 20 Bank of America cheeseburger tokens please.

ebay.com/itm/2X-USB-Female-in-to-Male-Adapter-Converter-for-PS2-Computer-Keyboard-Mouse/151755627969?_trkparms=aid=555014&algo=PL.DEFAULT&ao=1&asc=41376&meid=80fe20db860141f8b2005dc6eec2e1ee&pid=100505&rk=1&rkt=1&&_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226
Glad I could help you find a 99 cent adapter with free shipping.

OP here, my mom said those are both scam sites. nice try tho. any serious answers?

STOP SHILLING YOUR USB/PS2 ADAP.....oh!

>ebay
>Scam site
What?

Regardless, here:

amazon.com/USB-Female-Male-Adapter-Mouse/dp/B00HDGULP8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1502878364&sr=8-3&keywords=usb ps2

thanks user didn't know about this site

only place i've ever seen that does free shipping to canada

I get one from the dongle fairy every year

I've been buying shit on ebay about once a week for longer than you've been alive. and never been scammed

also you need to be 18 to post here

Aliexpress has them for $1 too.

Note that I had bad luck using these with older PS/2 keyboards, I think it's because they don't have a chip or something which a few of the Logitechs or such did when they came included with this as an accessory. Anyhow, only other models worked.

Most USB keyboards used to support PS/2

Learn to chink shit general.

No, DX isn't a scam site, and neither is eBay (though there is the occasional scammer on eBay, rare is rare).

Before they supported both for a moment, they were just PS/2 and so on for a longer while, and on these that kind of adapter shouldn't work. That was the point.

Of course a USB to PS/2 adapter doesn't work for a PS/2 keyboard, you don't need it.

No, there are models that do work.

> you don't need it
Huh, you need it for exactly the same reason, namely that you only have USB ports on your device now, or at least not enough PS/2 ports.

Oh are you talking about PS/2 keyboards that support USB? Of course this adapter won't work, it's the exact opposite of what's needed. This is for USB keyboards that support PS/2.

Wait, you still have a PS/2 port but no USB? Very weird.

But you're right, I've been wrong about the nature of this adapter.

I have one and don't need it.

I've got about ten of these, several different models, about half LogiTec. All for free. Don't use any of them anymore, maybe 5 or 7 years now?

Afraid to lose or throw any away because I "might need one" one day and don't know where to find them anymore. Got half a closet full of dongles and similar obsolete junk just like them.

>No. (you) can't have any of them.
> I "might need one" some day.

No, you're not following. All I'm saying is that there's a PS/2 to USB adapter and a USB to PS/2 one, they're two separate things and not interchangeable. I never said anything about the ports on my computer.

Throw shit away if you really don't know if you'll ever need it and China sells it for a few bucks.

Yea but USB->PS/2 you basically never need unless you're still operating a computer that has only PS/2 and such older ports.

I'd rather use my motherboard's dedicated keyboard port than one of the universal ports that everything else uses.

your mum is scam

try aliexpress

>and no i'm not paying $15 shipping for a $3 adapter

Shipping has really gone up in recent years. I don't know why, because gas prices have plummeted compared to the $4 mark from the past.

Un mail service relabeled China as developed and stopped giving them a free pass on shipping.

I've heard that PS/2 keyboards and mice work diffrent than USB keyboards. Supposedly, PS/2 devices send signals to interrupt the CPU, while USB devices get polled by the CPU. If i have a USB keyboard and i buy one of these, will that change it signals from "polling" into "interrupting"?

Yes.

and scammers also get their shit pushed in pretty quick on eBay

op is underageB&

Yes.

The only disadvantage PS/2 has over USB for keyboards is that you can't reseat it without power cycling.
Other then that its lower latency, can accept more inputs at once, and isn't dependent on software drivers so if your Kernel is kinda shitting the bed, you still should be able to input assuming it hasent out right gone in to Panic.

>$3 adapter
you mean 30 cents with free shipping

i must have about 2 dozen of these ive acquired over the years, i dont even bother sorting this shit out now, ive just got 2 shoeboxes, 1 completely full the other about half way, labelled dongles and adapters....theres all sorts of shit in there...i keep thinking, hmm one day i might need this dvi to vga adapter so i throw it in the box with the other 16 and put the box back in the cupboard.....how much would 1 and a half boxes of mystery dongles and adapters be worth??? any body wanna make some bids??

as an employee of staples, the main issue here is tried to buy it from staples (yes, thats the staples website)

Got any of the rare purple ones for keyboards?

its 2017 who tf has that ps2 shit

For real or
>minimum order 20k pieces

People with PS/2 keyboards. Hell I'm buying a new keyboard soon and it's going to be PS/2

The green one'll work.

Dormant tosser!
ebay.co.uk/itm/PS2-Convertor-to-A-USB-Male-Plug-Adapter-Converter-For-Computer-Keyboard-Mouse-/252955349995?hash=item3ae55053eb:g:zGkAAOSwX61ZGVtO