Why is screw#1 free spinning?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JGweOHnTvTE&t=9311s
youtube.com/watch?v=LtDpS6LiV1E
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6tv2on/foxconn_vs_lotes_threadripper_retention_bracket/
clips.twitch
youtube.com/watch?v=zqdg_Fe5tlo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because you ripped the thread

fpbp

But I never even got it to enter the female side. None of the screws are even beginning to feed in.

You didn't just drop the CPU into the socket, did you?

Oh god

of course he did look at op image

Nah I slotted it in properly. I just took out the threadripper and tried screwing it in and the screw works. But when I put the threadripper in it just free spins.

The socket is from Foxconn or Lotes?

desu

Hit up Foxconn and they'll execute one of their employees for this fuck up as recompense

You got a defective socket from foxconn. You have 2 options, return the motherboard or maually install the cpu in the socket.

>mfw this is actually a plausible outcome

u srs? I might phone up my local computer guy to come around take a look.

I saw in this video that this guy had a slight problem with free spinning but I think that was because he did it in the wrong order:youtube.com/watch?v=JGweOHnTvTE&t=9311s

Hold down the carrier frame with you finger and try to close the scews in 1 > 2 > 3.

Have tried. It just doesn't want to feed in.

WTF IS GOING ON it won't work REEEEEEEEEEEeEEEEEEEeeee

Be not retarded like this guy and as lightly as possible get 1 in and then try the others. Otherwise you'll just have to torque the shit out of it to get the other 2 to thread in. Some total idiot was complaining about Zeniths all being defective because he couldn't figure out how to do it and literally couldn't accept the fact that he was too stupid to put his CPU in and refused to do anything but 1 > 2 > 3 because AMD ENGINEERS KNOW BETTER THAN YOU REEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm not saying it's defective, but I just can't get it to thread in.

I have it in the position in the OP pic I lower it and try to screw#1 and it free spins eternally.

See Hexus forum. Known issue.

Return.

Thanks lad, am just looking through the threads. Do you have a link to a thread in particular?

you put the fucking processor on top of the rail it's intended to slide into is the problem. remove the processor, squeeze the blue tabs, and slide the CPU onto the rails until it clicks into position.

No I didn't, it is slotted in.

>See Hexus forum. Known issue.

Lad I can't find the thread.

>create idiot proof socket
>universe creates a better idiot
>it's an american

>You got a defective socket from foxconn.
He didn't buy the socket separately, he bought it with a motherboard, you dumbass.

NO SHIT. REALLY?

Intel does not have this problem. You made the wrong move, friend.
Just return it and get an i7.

I am British. What do you propose I do? If you were to come to my place and try and sort it out I doubt you would be able to. I have done everything like in this video youtube.com/watch?v=LtDpS6LiV1E And the #1 free spins.

>I am British.
Yeah buddy, it's okay.
You're all British to us, even after the tea party. No harsh feelings.

God fucking damnit user..

Return the mobo and be done with it.

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6tv2on/foxconn_vs_lotes_threadripper_retention_bracket/

Looks like it might be an issue with the manufacturing.

I will just leave this here...

clips.twitch DOT tv/PreciousEncouragingYogurtAMPEnergyCherry

youtube.com/watch?v=zqdg_Fe5tlo

Thanks desu. Glad it is not just me being retarded.

mfw asus level quality control from third party suppliers

You're welcome Sam.

thanks OP for making my day

Foxconn junk.

I've never entered the female side either user.

>asus board

You asked for this.

Forgot your picture.

Maybe find a longer screw.

First time buying parts lol.

The screws are not removable man, if I was a bit more techy I might remove them and put in some bigger screws.

>a lot of child workers will be fired over this