Explain me the macbook hate, please. It's a good, lightweight machine, perfect for text editing, web browsing...

Explain me the macbook hate, please. It's a good, lightweight machine, perfect for text editing, web browsing. The display is decent to watch movies. It holds charge better than any other laptop on the market, and the touchpad is pretty comfy.

>muh botnet
Go and suck stallman's cock
>overpriced
Get a job
>shitty specs
It's a laptop, not a power rig. It's not supposed to play gaymes.

it's literally just only poorfags complaining on their dinosaur laptops that hate them

Do you even know who the CEO of apple is?

sort of unnecessary when you can get the base MacBook Pro for the same price with a slight difference in size/weight

the 12" version was really shitty and overpriced until the most recent version

the 13" is kind of cramped

the 15" is sexy but so damn expensive

I want a 12, a 15, and an imac desu

I'm asking about macbook family in general. I think Air and Pro now are barely distinguishable.
Do I care?

- the 2016 one is Ok, the 2015 was barely usable for browsing post 2011 web sites; with it's too low specs, even cheap netbooks or raspberry pi3 were better for browsing
- it overheat and can't stand on your legs if you use it more than 1 hour
- you can get a better overall experience with a old surface pro 3 or some other ultrabooks
- only one usb c, 2 was a minimum imo
- the keyboard has too wide keys, it feels too toy'r'us tier when your not acustomed
- macfags are a plague and need to be pushed on their knees and spitted on

>overpriced
>get a job

Being able to afford it does not make it less overpriced. Overpriced =valueprice

For a certain demographic, they're great. For most of us on this website, including myself, using one feels lacking because they're not designed for "enthusiasts" that want to tear everything apart, know how everything works, customize everything, do our own thing with our hardware. In fact, the way the company is progressing, they seem to be actively opposed to these wants, and that's why these computers don't get any unironic love here.

does cloveros run on it, if not it's shit

>it's a laptop...

That argument would work if machines priced under said apple product grossly underperformed or didn't come close to the specs of a macbook. Most laptops work just fine without being a mac and with the amount of money I would spend on one macbook, I could build a power pc on the side.

>get a job

I am sick of this fucking meme, if you had a real job and gave a god damn about your money you wouldn't piss it away on frivolous shit just to prove you can spend it. Only trust fund babbies and people with connections that got them to where they are give a shit about how much money you spend on a fucking product. Your post was probably bait anyway but I just wanted to get that shit off my chest.

(You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You)

Windows users are not straight enough to use Linux and not gay enough to use Mac.

>holds charge better
lmao
>having money means you should buy overprice shit
???

Do you even know who Allan Turing was?

Please stop spamming this in every thread. We both know Apple is shit and makes shit products, but you're just being annoying.

He was a faggot.

>Go and suck stallman's cock
Applefag uses cocksucking jokes.

Laptops half its price can play games properly.

>it feels too toy'r'us tier when your not acustomed
Pretty much same for most keyboards desu
>macfags are a plague and need to be pushed on their knees and spitted on
Can't argue with that.
>For a certain demographic, they're great
It's fine for programmers too desu. UNIX environment and all that shit. Sucks for hardware folks, yeah, but I don't think there are a lot of laptops where you can do more than taking out the keys and RAM.
>underperformed
Don't play your 4k 420FPS gaymes on it. Do work. Problem solved.

Tell me 1 (one) good reason why I should pay extra for a Mac except for "they look good"

Mac can play your pixel art platformer indie 8bit shit as well. Wine is good for shit that's not ported.

the same fucking thread every day and nobody is suspicious

>inb4 valid reasons

If you want your stupid faggot laptop then fucking buy it OP. No one cares.

No valid reasons have been posted so far

>>having money means you should buy overprice shit
>I wanna save muh money by buying a chinktop memepad and install GNOOH#Lenox on it cuz I'm an ENTHUSIAST and not cuz I barely have enough money to buy a cheeseburger

It can't play any 3d games. It doesn't even have a fan. I don't even know if it can run Photoshop.

i said IF they underperformed as in if PCs grossly underperformed in regards to macbooks-which they don't, furthermore if you want to turn this into a gaymes argument, wouldn't the machine able to run games be vastly superior to the one that couldn't? That'd be like saying "LOL, internet? Why would you want to do that DO WORK with offline apps LOL."

Plays Tux Kart just fine, lad
>what is Intel Iris

The only time I see "muh performance" is in gaymes argument. Also - I couldn't be bothered about imacs or whatever, I'm talking about laptops. I don't think it's fair comparing PC and a laptop that's supposed to be portable.

Tux Kart probably runs fine on my 1999 ThinkPad with Puffy Linux.

performance isn't relegated to just gaymes, and I'm referencing pc-as in pc laptops, for the record; I should've been clearer. The only rreason I mentioned gaymes is because in the reply. I wasn't referencing games originally, I was talking about the specs and the abilities, most pc laptops don't grossly underperform in relation to a typical macbook.

I use to be an apple fan. still am to a lesser extent. I still use a 2008 mac pro as my main (and only) computer, and lived off a macbook for years before that. and ive only ever used the iphone.

I dont have a problem paying the apple premium. i dont have a problem with their already outdated hardware when they decide to even release something new. In the past, their product quality, customer service and OS made up for that.

The problem I have with apple is that all of their computers now use soldered in components. their computers are specifically designed to have short lifecycles in order to milk you dry. atleast give me the ability to swap harddrives or replace the battery in case of a failure. or to upgrade ram to try to future proof the system. They have no interest in servicing/repairing your computer, they will either replace it with a different one when under warranty, or tell you to fuck off and buy a new one when its not.

So what?

Most people don't need a fucking 200W CPU for their WORK.

Most people that have AN ACTUAL PAYING JOB, that needs a powerful computer, they have a good desktop by the company, and they just need a laptop to do their stuff at home.

This is for it.

oh also, forgot to ad their retarded design choices. I want a fucking headphone jack and usb and other inputs. for fucks sake, i dont want to buy a bunch of dongles.

in the future im going the hackintosh route unless they come out with a real reasonable modular mac pro.

>Most people

Most people don't care about technology.

I mean...yeah...I guess.

>Get a job

WHAT AN ARGUMENT

So, any good reason to shit on macbook aside from "muh price" and "muh performance"?
Also - not everybody wants to carry 4 kilos of feeble plastic behind their back. Feeble plastic point still stands for the ultrabook meme.

>"muh price" and "muh performance"
arent those good enough reasons?

there's also all the soldered in componentry and the lack of external inputs

15 inch model when

Even if you had the money for a Macbook, if all you're doing is basic shit like text editing, web browsing, or watching movies, why would you waste your money on such an expensive machine?

Hardware is only as useful as the software designed to run on it. The truth is that Macbooks ARE great for certain kinds of work, like graphic design. But that's not because of Apple; that's because of all the companies that bust their asses to make their software work as seamlessly as possible with Apple. Apple forces software developers to comply with extremely strict conpatibility standards, and if they don't, Apple boots them from the App store and actively blocks users from being able to install them. The fact that software runs on a Mac as well as it does is thanks to the developers, not Apple. So the "It just werks" argument is null, because Apple itself has nothing to do with it.

Apple isn't really catering to business users. If they were, we wouldn't be seeing shit like sacrificing peripheral connectivity for the sake of muh 10-ounces-lighter. Apple wants its own brand to be a mark of wealth and prestige, and software companies that ARE trying to cater to business users are left to twist in the wind, in terms of having to adapt to Apple's bad functionality decisions. That's why so many actual businesses (not in the creative fields at least) use devices like Thinkpads, and it's mostly faggy hipsters using their parents' money that buy Macbooks.

it exists, its called Macbook Pro

The difference is that Turing wasn't shoving his faggotry up everyone's cockhole and he did things that would be essential for computer history, the opposite of Tim Cook

>It's a laptop, not a power rig.
Then why does it cost that much? How about you tell me what you're actually getting for your money.

Hint: it's the brand name

muh botnet, overpriced and shitty specs

>But that's not because of Apple
>Apple forces software developers to comply with extremely strict conpatibility standards, and if they don't, Apple boots them from the App store

you just contradicted yourself there, user.

>Explain me the macbook hate
Poor people mad at things they cannot afford.

can someone aware me on the apple botnet? are they doing the same thing microsoft is with windows?

shitty os, very expensive just to reasons...

I dont really need the extra thickness and gpu, but i want more screen. I would love a 15 inch ultrabook with a high resolution screen, be it a macbook or windows laptop. But Asus only makes a 14 inch zenbook with 1080p. I just want a macbook but with a 15 inch screen

It's fair when the shit throttle and run even slower.

>I'm a koder
Yes take more time compiling because this shit is throttling

Other reasons, cancer keyboard
Aluminium shit bent all times
>Muh premium
No aluninium is a cheap metal

there's a very old Mac joke ...

Two people in an office get computers.
One person gets a Mac.
The other person gets a PC.

One year later ...
The person with the PC has learned many things about their computer and its software.
The person with the Mac has learned very little.

It is the combination of those three in a system that makes it shit.

It does have nice gestures and font rendering though

The current state of things, imho, is:

Apple has been successful and profitable in making the iPhone line into a luxury brand. You go into an Apple boutique, hand them your money, and join the club.

The Apple laptop and desktop market doesn't have as much churn (longer replacement cycles) so they are working on expanding into the corporate markets where you traditionally see Thinkpad laptops, Dell and HP servers. They're doing this via top-down consulting engagements, partnering with companies like Cisco, Deloitte, IBM, and SAP, to revamp entire IT departments. Most 'computer' companies make more money from large consulting projects than hardware alone.

God hopes no.
For at least a lot of companies thankfully, apple premium make it out of company environment. Having Macs as company main hardware would be a nightmare to manage.
Also companies value above all windows networks

>I think Air and Pro now are barely distinguishable.
This is wrong, the Air uses a trash TN panel.

My PC was ~$4000. I have plenty of money, but why buy overpriced garbage?

>"muh price" and "muh performance"?

How to win any argument on Sup Forums:
>X, prove me wrong
>Y
>"muh Y"

That's why trap Windows is best desu. Give me that sweet Bill Gates boipussi.

I'd never pay for one but I enjoy my free MacBook pro given to me by my job.

I only use it to afk runescape or watch Netflix while working.

I see no need to pay 1300 for the only decent MacBook when I'm just going to use it as an ssh client anyway.

Other business laptops are infinitely more reliable, repairable/user serviceable, future proof, extensible, donglefree, and just plain better.

I want to be able to change my batteries in a couple of years when the cells degrade without having to rip my fingernails off. I want to be able to install Linux on my machine and have it just werk, cause screw that proprietary, locked down OSX garbage. I don't want to have to worry about other people spilling water on my machine (which has happened to me before, but I have pic related so it was all good). I need my Ethernet cable and my USB ports. I love the 2.1A USB charger that's built into my thinkpad. I like having a dock and being able to expand my I/O.

Also, screw the new touchbar. It's unusable and a-tactile. I don't want to have to look down, since I can touch type. The new keyboard is annoyingly loud and shallow too.

I'll tell you another story while I'm at it. One day, I bought a backpack with a side zipper and I forgot to close it. My laptop fell out of my back as I was walking and it fell a good four feet onto the hard tile of my University Center floor.

I dropped it accidentally several more times after that before the bottom corner finally cracked, but I wasn't worried. I just went on eBay, bought all of the parts I needed to replace the external enclosure for less than 100 bucks, and replaced it myself. I would have never been able to do this if I had a Mac. In fact, the screen would have shattered after that first drop.

I don't wanna have to baby my laptop. Sure, I want to take care of my electronics, but accidents happen.

Another friend of mine tripped over his MacBook cable and sent the whole machine crashing to the floor. That MacBook had cracked glass and a dented chassis.

Well when your friend tripped over the cable it would've made the Mac hit the ground with more force than simply falling out of a backpack.

Same thing happened to my laptop, but since it's not made of aluminum and glass, everything was fine.

If you don't use a Mac, you are officially a homophobe. All Mac hates are homophobes which is why Windows caters to the gamergate supporting crowd.

Steve Jobs created the Computer industry. If Macintosh never existed, Windows wouldn't exist or anything. We'd still be using a command line and no internet since that was invented by Apple too.

I have mid 2012 retina model and it only started to slow down now because I didn't replace thermal paste/clean it in years, otherwise for 4 years it was working like a charm when all previous laptops would slow down fuck load, also battery survived the longest out of all, toshiba sony, notebooks I've ever had. Touchpad is god tier, I never used them before macbook. Specs were ok at release. Hoverer I don't see the point in 2016 macbook, it has some good things like updated speakers, bigger touchpad, non issue with palm for me, really good screen and it's lighter, but that's not a pro version. It still has 16 ram max, it's not powerful enough if you encode 4k videos, newest mamay that apple didn't follow?, or have a heavy workflow. Another thing is apple gayest tax on storage, that shit is insane and mostly fucks up professionals and not normies, who I would argue if price was ok would get it because why not. I will wait and see how refreshed mac turns out to be with a coffee lake upgrade especially if intel would actually use a proper solder instead of shlomo jizz, on the apple side I would fucking pressure them to or at least make a special version for macbooks because apple is maxing out their heat management capacity by a shot. Or maybe I will say fuck that shit and wait till I move to my own house and will build my own PC for gayming. I wish apple will do a bezel free macbook in their next upgrade.

Yeah, and Motorola created the cellphone industry, but nobody cares.

Also, the Duryea Motor Wagon Company was the first car manufacturer in the US, but nobody cares.

Also, Steve jobs didn't create the computer industry. Your summer is showing.

F

I got baited

For price of macbook you can get ASUS laptop with better specs and alot longer lifetime.

Overpriced
>get a job
I don't give a fuck about this "argument". It's overpriced when I can get a better device for less money. I'm not gonna invest into a brand when it means shit.

What macbook hate are you talking about? Not everyone has to like the same things as you.

We have this thread every day.

I'd have a MacBook right now if Apple didn't completely trash the keyboard and port selection. I have never had a worse typing experience outside of touchscreens before. Also I prefer clickpads to ForceTouch although it's not bad.

Yeah but it's an asus. I'm not paying over a grand for a chinkshit Windows laptop

Because you might as well get a cheap 400$ HP that performs better thanks to not throttling to 800Mhz

>text editing, web browser
you don't need a $1200 machine to browse Sup Forums
your average chanfag would just get a 12" thinkpad or elitebook for like 70 quid and use linux for that purpose, and if they want performance then they'd hackintosh/game with windows

the hardware makes no sense other than as a normie fashion accessory, so no one here cares.

>the hardware makes no sense other than as a normie fashion accessory
It's high quality and durable.
>muh thinkpads are good plastic
Maybe we don't want to look like autists in public using cracked and fucked up Thinkpads. This way you get a screen that isn't ass, a good metal chassis, a light weight, and awesome Apple service.

The premium in price is for the whole package, which for busy people is actually worth a lot.

I work for a big company in tech and basically all of the engineers, including super smart industry leading developers use Macs. Some people use linux desktop as well.

Botnet.

Microsoft and Google are botnets. Apple is not. They make fuckloads of money selling hardware, so they have no reason to sell off or store your information. Plus their stance on encryption and not selling out to the government is far better than other companies.

>double the price
>half the performance
#JustAppleThings

>t. mactoddler

street shitter is back

you're missing my point, my point was most laptop pc's do "work" as well if not better and at a better price than your typical macbook. If you're looking for a "work" computer, a ~$300 ASUS will do the job.

pcs are for boys macs are for men.

PCs are for men, macs are for gaybois and """""""men"""""".

/thread

MACFAGS BTFO

No idea but they are the only laptops I will use.

>Thinkpads
>shit unless you are a linux ricer and my time is more valuable
>Lenovo
>shit, botnet installed on the mobo, break within 6 months
>HP
>shit, will break within a year
>Microsoft shit
>garbage

Literally the only Laptops I have that last for 3+ years with good performance are the Macbooks.

>good performance
>Macshit