Recently imported pic related as it was billed as being region free. However...

Recently imported pic related as it was billed as being region free. However, my BD player can't read the actual movie disk. XOne read the movie perfectly fine, BD player read the two bonus disks perfectly fine. Updated BD firmware, still no luck. Player is an OLD Sony BDP S350 I think. Is it possible its just straight up age that's not letting it read?

meanwhile pirates downloaded it from nyaa and started watching in 20 minutes

The girl dies

I'm aware, I wanted a hard copy.

Just fucking pirate it if you bought it legit and it doesn't work. Hardcopies are for autists.

I AM an autist though

Fpbp
For what fucking purpose
Nothing we own in this life is taken with us when we die

cant help you but fuck man... I loved that movie.

anime website, retard.

And comes back again

Because its MY fucking money. i just want to know if my BD player is outdated

I'm also legitimately just curious if its even possible for a BD player to actually be out of date in the age of internet updates.

based konata

>using jew-ray discs
lmaoing at ur life

Change your players region. You can do this for a limited amount of time then it becomes permanent.

Nevermind. You actually have a region locked blu ray player, and not a fucking bd drive.

The disc was supposed to be region free, that's what's throwing me off.

>You can do this for a limited amount of time then it becomes permanent.
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF PROPRIETARY KEKS

And this, boys and girls, is why piracy reins supreme.

Buy a new BD player, faggot.

>purchase media legally
>it doesn't play
>spend 1 of your precious BD region changes to make your import disc play
>unskippable FBI PIRACY warning
>unskippable trailers
>unskippable menu animations
>ANOTHER FBI PIRACY WARNING

Keep punishing paying customers, guys. You're doing a great job.

these disgusting discs have online drm too now

its like android phones. you may or may not get updates for a year and then it just stops without any announcement.

Pirate it like a sane human being.

And then they wonder why people pirate.

All shilling and shitposting aside, yes your player may be too old to read the disc physically if they used some new snowflake standard or protection to create it - something beyond simple online firmware/keys update. I'm too lazy to look up just how old your player is, but I'm 99.999% certain there were backwards-incompatible updates to the standard over the years.

My advice - decode it with a AnyDVD then rip and reauthor with ImgBurn. It should be possible to preserve the disc structure and everything with very little hassle. That is, if you have a BD recorder/drive in your PC.