Do americans really believe they are living in the the most free country in the world? or is this just a meme?

Do americans really believe they are living in the the most free country in the world? or is this just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/freedom-world-2016
freetheworld.com/2015/freedomIndex/Human-Freedom-Index-2015.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech#Norway
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech#United_States
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It depends where you live, most do, but are mostly elderly.

Latinas>>> soulless white bitches.

Depends some self hating Americans rather have security rather than freedom, depends on who you ask but from everyone that I know that's come from elsewhere believes this to be true.
Security and freedom(liberty) don't go hand in hand unfortunately
I'd say so but stupid shit like hate crime laws are taking that back and racist as fuck

I'm free to do literally anything I want where I live bub

"Live free or die" is my states motto, we even put it on our license plates.

how do those people justify beeing free keeping in mind that in the Netherlands you could stare in the the eyes of a cop while fucking a prostitute and smoking weed?

you can do that in the USA in some places too

isn't that only in Nevada? and have they legalized pot?

The only thing I am personally missing is guns and le weed

Look just because a law is in place doesn't mean it's enforced, just like in the Netherlands weed isn't exactly legal just decriminalized in certain areas.
Look I can go and shoot someone in a European country doesn't mean it's legal or when I'm defending my property and feel if I need to harm the other party after warning I'm legally entitled to do so.

More free than us and our backwards nanny state.

I can go and buy a gun from any store I want and carry it wherever I want without a permit at any time I want

Is it hard to get weed in Norway? A friend of mine went in a exchange in Denmark and he smoked weed a lot, he said it was easy to get (Im not saying Denmark and Norway are the same, it's just the nearest example i have)

They don't let our people to live there peacefully, so how is the USA free?

Aren't European countries changing their laws, or at least leftards want, to let the prostitute work but arrest/fine their clients?

We can buy basically all the guns you can buy, we just have to go through a lot of bureaucracy. If I want to buy an AR-15, i have to be a member of a pistol club for 6 months, buy a pistol, then do a rifle security course, become a member of an organisation and then send an application to the police where I state that I will use the gun for marksmanship sport. Breivik bought his gun (Ruger mini 14) with a standard hunting license though. The law is kinda weird, you can own a Mini 14 as long as it doesn't look "tacticool" and that you say that you will use it for hunting.

Pretty easy. Just wander out in one of the major cities and look for people selling, it's pretty obvious.

>If I want to buy an AR-15, i have to be a member of a pistol club for 6 months
Wow. I just have to go to a store and give him some money, I don't even need a permit to carry a concealed weapon

They are more free than Europeans.

Here is a meme index which disagrees

freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/freedom-world-2016

>Germany
>95

>USA
>90

Yeah, it is a meme index which is useless.

N O R D E N

Another index

freetheworld.com/2015/freedomIndex/Human-Freedom-Index-2015.pdf

Regarding the freedom to get shot maybe

I mean we don't even have a sales tax in my state...

Also to not go to prison for voicing your opinion. Thanks to first amendment rights. Anywhere in Europe you can be arrested for disagreeing with the official view of the state.

>If I just post useless NGO sites instead of forming actual arguments then I win

I don't have an angle of this.

>Anywhere in Europe you can be arrested for disagreeing with the official view of the state.

This is objectively wrong.

Yeah, a leftist index that probably counts the social safety net as the main factor for freedom, but doesn't care about hate speech laws and other stuff.

>Anywhere in Europe you can be arrested for disagreeing with the official view of the state.
Do people really believe that? Name examples please

>This is objectively wrong.
Go to your local police station and say things which violate your hate speech laws and see what happens.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech#Norway

>Norway prohibits hate speech, and defines it as publicly making statements that threaten or ridicule someone or that incite hatred, persecution or contempt for someone due to their skin colour, ethnic origin, homosexual orientation, religion or philosophy of life.[61]

Do you never check the news? These happen all the time.

All that paper work just to get a gun can deter people from doing stupid shit no doubt but it can also be a hurdle when it comes to having to defend yourself and remember at the end of the day the only person you can count on is yourself.
Though weed should at this point be available for recreation though it'll need to be approved for medicinal use in certain applications just due to legalities and such.

idk, I only ever read of known neo-nazis that get into trouble because of that, and I am not sure what's wrong with that.

>If I disagree with people they should go to prison
>But we are free btw xD
1) I bet you do not make the same rules for people of other extreme positions (eg. Communists, Marxists, Scientologists, Islamists etc).
2) You should try reading a book sometime in your life. On liberty would be a good start.

not a meme. they legitimately do.

I remember somebody saying something like that (hick town) to me and my ex-gf, she gave me a very stern look cos she could see wagwan. His words were something like:

>"I don't understand why you European tourists (even though we're fucking British) don't just stay here with all our freedom?"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech#United_States

The US has those laws too.

Altough we have those laws, they are only enacted when there is a real threat of something bad happening as far as I know. i.e. a bunch of neo-nazis threatening some jew or whatever.

the younger generations are aware that its a meme, we're pretty free but not the most free.

The US' ruling simply says you may not seek to cause a violent act. Eg. stand around calling for violent revolution or killing someone. European laws on the other hand will arrest people just on the basis of offence even when there is no danger presented.

I'd rather have a comfy easy life than a "free" hard life.

That is a serf/slave mentality.

That's the same as in Norway though.

fuck off cai-göran

No, Norwegian law allows for the arrest of people if they cause offence. For example, if I said "homosexuality is inferior to heterosexuality", under Norwegian law this would be an illegal act.

Democracy has to defend itself from those trying to destroy it. I don't care it they are communists, islamists or what not.

We don't usually need to defend ourselves with guns since the chance of being attacked by Americanized faux-crusaders on a chimpout is still remarkably low.

Indeed. They would too. this was a very poor town in Cali-valley that was particularly hard hit by 2008. Pretty grim shit desu.

It's hilarious because I heard similar """"empathy"""" from a fucking road-side flower seller in Vegas, criticising some passed out chick saying "homeless have places to go." I'm like umm no sweetie, you're the one selling flowers like a gypsy, she's passed out from too much alcohol gambling.. Let's reassess here.

You can't interperete the law like that. If you somehow were arrested for that, you would never get sentenced to anything. I'm only finding articles of people getting arrested for hate speech because they literally said stuff like "Jews import africans to Europe as part of a race war against whites, so we should rebel against the jews and start killing jewish infants with great delight".

Legal stuff is different when it comes to an actual court room, they look at older cases and what the law's intention was when it originially was introduced.

Fucking cuck. I hope your mom get ahmed's cock on her.

But that's a silly opinion that doesn't help anyone. It's just meant to troll faggots.

Woah, dude. Chill out bro.

But Europeans don't live in a democracy, just like Americans. You only want to defend the status quo.

The best defence against them is an honest debate on their ideas. Locking them up only serves their cause. Let them lose the argument in public debate. Ever notice that countries which tried to violently suppress Fascists and Communists (Germany, Russian Empire, China) all fell to them? While the countries which allowed them to operate (Britain, France, USA) did not?

>I have to agree with the opinion for it to be allowed
This is what I mean. You are just a Fascist under another name. What is different about you and an authoritarian Christian except which side of the issue you are on if you both want to lock everyone up who disagrees with you?

Yes, you can and if you get the right government they will. Once you make authoritarianism the default status of law it will be used by any side which wants to.

Who the fuck cares. If I want to get a gun to scratch my ass I should be able to get it.

You make a good point, but I am not so sure to be honest. Neo-nazis in most cases do not want to have an honest debate, at least most of them.

Which is why they will never win power if there is an honest debate on it. And if they don't want to debate, they tend to stay irrelevant unless people give them a way to mainstream themselves.

>hurr durr I haven't heard you but I am sure I don't agree with you.

The "right government" can just make new laws or remove old ones.

This comes down to what we think "human nature" is. I'm not an anarcho-capitalist, but neither am I a guy advocating for a large government which is watching over you every minute. I like to live in a representative democracy where people pay taxes so everybody can go to school, there is infrastructure, there is police and that people don't die of cancer if they are too poor.

I am against a lot of useless drug and alcohol laws. I think the gun laws are kinda ok, since I only think people who actually know how to handle a gun, should be able to own a gun.

It's 4 am and I am semi-drunk. This post may not make much sense, but there is a point in there somewhere.

And who is? If you believe it is because drugs and prostitution the USA it's gaining ground on it.

wat do

That is why you have a strong constitutional setup like the US. The US government will find it next to impossible to ever change the first amendment no matter how much it wanted to.

>I like to live in a representative democracy where people pay taxes so everybody can go to school, there is infrastructure, there is police and that people don't die of cancer if they are too poor.
These things are not really relevant to the topic of personal and political liberty.

It is a meme arguement, but you can find true freedom a lot of places in Sub Saharan africa and Syria.

Yeah but you should have the right to defend yourself, why should someone be able to lord over you because of someone able to get into a position of authority?
That's where it stems from.
As long as you respect others rights you're rights will be respected and yes even criminals have rights of a US citizen.

So many things are forbidden and people don't even notice.

Is polygamy legal in SA? I would go there with my two girls.

I guess the Norwegian people think that they'd rather not be able to protect themselves with a gun, than having a lot of poor, crazy islamists/nazis/commies/criminals with an easy access to guns.

Your basis of freedom is free drugs and free prostituts. My I dont care about those things, as well as 99 percent of americans, at least in America we can't get arrested for trolling gays, Muslims, and other people. I just yelled "move, black niggers!" In Georgia a few days ago and nothing happened to me, even though there were like 100 cops. You can't deny that if a country is gonna ban Sup Forums because of hate speech or racism, that country would be European. I could never imagine a us state doing that but I could easily see a European one.

You wouldn't have to worry about islamists if you simply don't bring Muslims to your country. It's not like you have a neighboring Muslim country. I think the people should be allowed to have what police have. Either give all the current arsenal to the people or greatly limit what police can have.

Sorry for my english, Im visiting US states.

But it isn't about free prostitution, it's about legal prostitutii. Why don't you care about your /r9k/bros?

Delaware?

new hampshah

Well maybe. Stuff is radically changing around the globe atm. Norway has a pretty right wing government and populism is rising all over Europe, In 50 years USA might have gone down the leftist fascist path while Europe remained fairly liberal. I kinda agree with you , but you won't get arrested for shouting "move, black niggers!" in Norway as far as I know. Not as long as you don't openly threaten them or encourage others to persecute them.

Do you have cock fights there? And not the gay kind.

I mean this.

That is illegal in Norway and probably every 1st world country.

That's the advantage of not being first world. I met one of my gf's in a cockfight club.

Freedom is not measured easy and different people have different views and standards. Some think if they sell you a minigun, it's freedom but they're alright with PC and other social norms. Some are okay with not having the right to carry pistols because their country is safe enough and they can laugh at racist jokes publicly. Good that we have different countries with different features, right?

But it is true. Homos don't have the right tools.

The only freedom they have that euros don't is freedom of speech (ie you won't get jailed because of racist facebook posts), but that's not such a great achievement because we have that here and many other places too.

Fucking savage. Get controlled.

US has hate speech laws too you retard

Stupid fucking voter fraud keeping us epic americans from free college and free weed. Ive been feeling the bern since day one. I took out a $50000 loan just to donate to the bernman and im really hoping that money goes to transgender bathrooms. Holy fucking shit i hate hilary and if you think im gonna pay back that loan to support hilary youre dead wrong because im gonna kill myself and thatll spite hilary! God i fucking hate voter fraud voter fraud voter fraud voter fraud. The epic department told me voter fraud is not epic. Stupid minorities not knowing what is in their best interest by voting for bernie god i fucking hate them us real liberals need to do our duty to wash them of their political incompetency. Holy shit im gonna kill myself lol

Norway bros how do I get a girl like this? I'll integrate and shit I guess I just wanna pale cutie

You think any of us has girl friends?

People concerned about black presidents and 61% are not self haters.

Why? You can't take that away from us merricuck

>I'm free to do literally anything I want where I live bub

Can you smoke weed legally?

This.

I guess you were watching a certain shitty comedian too long

Are you a girl?

What kind and how strict?

>The only freedom they have that euros don't is freedom of speech
lol

this guy was imprisoned for a couple of years without a change for parole for hate speech and pictures like that he published on the internet, while an immigrant raped someone during the same time and got a lesser sentence than him and even got a change for parole at some time

freedom is speech has it's limits :DD

You're free kid. But not free enough to play with the big boys.

You need to find a balance, not just outright tip to one scale of Tyranny or Anarchy. Unfortunately we've got chaos right now. Some believe we have too many freedoms, and others rabidly believe we don't have enough.

America needs better privacy laws tbqh

fuck this retard bitch, hombre.

I can own all kinds of guns so yes! Any other /K/ommandos here?

Jeg elsker norske jenter : 3

Norge du er en qt!

No

Go to a local usa police station and be Black, let's see what happens