Pic related cost $8000

>Pic related cost $8000
How can a bunch of 1 and 0's be so expensive?

can be expensive if those bunch of 0 and 1's are very complex and hard to make

Companies pay top dollar to avoid liability.

supply and demand
research and development

>a thread had to die for this shit

the winning 6 digits are worth $400 million sometimes

It's not intended for the consumer market. It's intended for businesses who are generally willing to pay much higher prices. They are paying for precision software, reliable software, and virtually unlimited tech support because when you're a company designing a product you don't have time to be messing around trying to make the software work or figure out a particular function, you have deadlines to meet.

tl;dr you aren't the intended market. If you need some kind of design software you're either gonna need to find open source software, get a free or consumer version of enterprise software (they are often available with a restricted feature set or license agreement for free or under $100), or just pirate the commercial stuff, if you aren't selling your product you can almost certainly get away with this. If you're asking on behalf of a business just fork over and pay for the license.

I never heard of this program before, but the gui looks much better than ANSYS.

Looking at what it does and how important it could be, its worth it for the people that need it.

>2007 MS word with a 3D addon
>8000$
Might as well get a Mac with that too

>Pic related costs $400,000
How can a bunch of quarks and electrons be so expensive?

Because physics,mathematics and software developer make it for niche market

There is only ONE electron user, in the whole universe, travelling in all dimensions and all timelines.

ooh

Did you learn that in Church?

Try the business license...90k

I can relate.

Work for a architectural firm with 25 license copy of Revit each cost $5000 each plus Autocad, Adobe suite, Microsoft office, Bluebeam, Sketchup and 3d studio max.
Thats almost $10,000 worth of software on top that another $6,000 workstation.
Its also worth noting clients and contractors always want to low ball you and think you are not worth your fee.

No, it's one interpretation of Feynmann Path Integrals. In fact, it was Feynmann's favourite interpretation because it explained why all electrons have precisely the same charge and mass (same for the other fermions).

I want popsci anons to go.

make better one, urself.
lul

Man that firm could really save some bucks by switching to Linux, if only Linux had working software in the first place

This

Hard to make? You just copy the data. Doesn't sound hard to me.

>unlimited tech support

I've been in the dark about this all my life.

What can tech support on that level do for you?

I used to use a very expensive program called Amira for 3d reconstruction and whenever we had an in-depth technical question for them, we usually got an answer along the lines "this is not possible with the software". So what are they supposed to 'support' you with..?