Having a German exchange student staying with me for a few weeks and am going to pick up at the airport tomorrow...

Having a German exchange student staying with me for a few weeks and am going to pick up at the airport tomorrow. I'm planning on serving him hospitality corn when we get back and I wanted to know.

Does Sup Forums prefer to give out their hospitality corn to guests plain or buttered?

what's hospitality corn, ameribro

Hospitality corn is better with butter bro
You don't know whats hispitality corn??? Where the fuck have you been living???

It's special corn hosts give to their foreign guests who first come here. We give them hospitality corn like the injuns gave to the pilgrims.

It's an American tradition, kinda like PID

Normally Americans eat popcorn as their staple food, but we save hospitality corn for honored guests.

I remember stealing handfuls of hospitality corn as a child. I was angry with mom for beating me, but I understand her actions now that I'm older.

>he doesn't put nutritional yeast on his hospitality corn

You're lucky foreigners don't know how badly you're cheating them out of a proper experience.

Well he's a kraut so think of it as revenge for perl habor

Grilled corn on the cob without butter is more traditional as its how the natives served it to us, but I like it better with a little butter and a sprinkle of salt.

the way we joke about hospitality corn probably has foreigners thinking we're kidding

Ur not?

No.

no? this is a legitimate thing where I live, just not many people know about it because it's not like hosting an exchange student is common

>not giving them a raw ear of corn so that he can learn to cook it and sustain himself
You're ruining the tradition m8
Fucking disgraceful

>grilled
You have to hand roast it over a big comfy bonfire famski. And no, charcoal grilling doesn't count.

Great ameripost brother.

Yeah I guess it would technical ally be roasting. Over an open fire husk on is the true way desu

What's the point of giving out hospitality corn if it's not in a can?

take him to the nearest 711 and get these

NU-CORN FAGS GET OUT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>wasting good American Patrician food on an impoverish plebeian yuropoor

he'd probably refuse it and want a fucking SALAD or something ugh profligates

Corner salad?

You're the one who's kidding, friend.

they don't have maize in yurop so they'd eat dogshit salad or whatever it is they eat

>maize

you have to go back

Well yeah but what if he's a gaping pussy and asks for a salad? Could you make a hospitality corn salad?

Just base it off of familial tradition or perhaps just ask them. I honestly like mine plain meanwhile my mom taught me to do it buttered.

definitely buttered, i once had a guest want mayo for the hospitality corn

>mayo
peculiar I suppose, but yeah.

OP, you might just want to have the corn ready and have a spread of fixings for them. Butter, mayo, regular salt, tony chacheres, maybe even a bit of louisiana hot sauce etc

Can i come too?

Id bring the typical germon gift too.
Some solid germon carrot-leafs.