Why do maturity is not praised in American culture ? Serious question

Why do maturity is not praised in American culture ? Serious question.

Men dress like boys, play video games, reads young adult-fiction books and eat cereal even as adults. I think sometimes even in their 30's. Acting "immature" seems to be rather praised as being fun and eccentric.
On a side note, I think this kind of explains american forums

Because they're a relaxed people who like fun over pretentiousness and being anal

Have you ever read the C.S. Lewis quote about trying too hard to be "adult"?

This is because Americans are among the most cancerous sub-humans to walk the planet, these animals lack basic comprehension of the most fundamental human values. Have you ever wondered why Americans by and large would rather innocent school children die than have their guns be a little more restricted? Have you ever wondered why America is known for committing atrocity after atrocity in the name of human rights? Have you ever wondered why American soldiers are known for raping and defiling the corpses of innocent civilians they kill? Have you ever wondered why America is the most despised and hated force in the entire world? Have you ever wondered why the death of masculinity, femininity started in America? Have you ever wondered why despite all of this, Americans have delusions of grandeur and exceptionalism?

The primary reason is that these people, this culture that they have, is literally worse than horseshit.

at the same time, the people who try to appear "mature" at all times brings about an attitude of pretentiousness, which makes them a real pain to be around desu

No, sorry. I only know Shakespeare, Agathe Christine and the homofaggot irish in anglo writers

What?

What ?
The homofaggot is Oscar Wilde

C.S. Lewis is often used to justify immaturity but that is exactly the opposite of what he meant. Fear of not being seen as an adult is just one part of immaturity and he explicitly tirades against immaturity.

>Oscar Wilde
>Irish

Is this some shitty pasta from a jap?

Yes, but do you believe that reading children's fiction as an adult is wrong?

No.

Being mature is only useful for job interviews. I'd rather act like a child than be a boring jaded adult.

The people who try hard to be mature are probably the least mature out of everyone

Has Australian shitposting gone too far?

People should be able to do what they enjoy, and not what society wants them to do.

If a 40 year old man enjoys playing video games while stuffing himself with cereals, why the hell not?

Because we are in war and we must defend ourself against the ennemies. White race vs the others races.

And here people (used to) hang out in cafe's, play billiards, darts and such, read news papers only for the sports page and eat fries.
Maturity is a meme

No.

Are you denying people do all of those and generally not read high literature and listen to classical music?

I deny. Grown people are responsible

and doing any of those excludes responsibility?
Go outside and look around.

When I was a kid I wanted to seem mature, now I want to go back to the good old days of being a kid.

Being afraid of people seeing you reading fairy fiction because you feel it endangers your adulthood is immaturity, but so is avoiding responsibility, being incapable of showing restraint, being impulsive, crude and otherwise acting like a child. All qualities that americans seem to appreciate.

That is why western world looks bad now. People like you should be exterminated with guillotine

the 60s are over.

you become someone when you had your own little family back then, now you become a "man" and get respected as soon as you become a teen.

consumerism is responsible for it

please ignore my french compatriot, obviously a dumbass

far as im concerned yer both fags

He is though.

....aaand no one gives a fuck
10/10 very productive thread guys, GOT EM