/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-4-40-Headphones-BT/dp/B01MSZSJE9
amazon.com/Koss-BT540i-Bluetooth-Headphones-Silver/dp/B00MIJU844/
amazon.com/Resolution-Compatible-Dynamic-Bluetooth-Headphone/dp/B01NA6SMTK
pastebin.com/
headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/hifi-tv-headphones/hd-600-avantgarde
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

Help me choose guys

amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-4-40-Headphones-BT/dp/B01MSZSJE9
amazon.com/Koss-BT540i-Bluetooth-Headphones-Silver/dp/B00MIJU844/
amazon.com/Resolution-Compatible-Dynamic-Bluetooth-Headphone/dp/B01NA6SMTK

Hm, OP girl quite adorable.
Much good taste.

Repost from last thread

>Budget
$$$$$$

>Location
Straya

>Source
PC

>Type of headphone
Full sized, Active noise cancelling (either no battery or both powered and battery)

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
Noise cancelling is more important

>Sound signature
IDC, I just need them for audiobooks and lectures in a loud environment.

>Past headphones
$7 rejects from Harvey Norman dumpster

Anime is shit

hpg>csg>spg>wdg>dpt>shit>ptg>flt>>>>>>>>>fglt
This is objective truth, you cannot debate me on this fact.

*snap*

A certain someone just showed up so /hpg/ should be dead last.

This image is poorly sealed and has been debunked

Sup Forums is anime.

>Budget
$350
>Location
USA
>Source
Schiit stack
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
High
>Sound signature
As neutral as possible
>Past headphones
HD598, M40X

HD600 is your best option.

Pioneer ones because of aptx. I must ask though, why Bluetooth?

He-400i

HD600, the objectively most neutral headphone in production.

>tfw I bought the 650s instead

Can I EQ these to sound like the 600s?

Yes, simply use a shelf filter to lower all frequencies below 100hz by 3db.

*1000hz

>Ask advice
>0 (you)'s
>Shitpost about hd600
>5 (you)'s in 30 minutes
This general needs to be shut down.

that's wrong though.

Nope.

which one is better?

>rolled off treble
>no sub bass
>bass hump

>the most neutral

>accurate non ear rape treble
>no niggerbass
>euphonic warm tilt
You're right, it's better than neutral.

Here senpai. This should give you all the treble you need and plenty sub bass extension

>accurate treble
>nosedive past 8k
>no niggerbass
>nosedive past 100hz
>better than neutral

this is cancer and it needs to stop.

Timestamp your HD600s please

The graph I posted which is properly sealed shows treble extension up to the limit of human hearing (17-19K) and 30Hz in line with 1KHz. This post has been debunked, and is poorly sealed.

>has recessed mids
>30hz drop off is justified
>treble extension up to the limit of human hearing
>at -8db
>implying it has treble

just stop.

>PLEB
What is the best sub 400$ open headphone in your opinion if it is not the HD600?

>says the HD600 recessed mids
>then says the HD600 has recessed bass and treble
Why go through all this trouble to call the HD600 what it is - flat and neutral.

Is NFB 11.28 that much better than the schiit stack (uber)? Trying to decide between those two, the nfb doesn't have line in unfortunately which might come in handy.

>I must ask though, why Bluetooth?
Somehow I fucked up every jack socket in last 4 phones.

Is it common or is it just me?

The NFB11 does not have any measurements. It only has endorsements from known audiophools and shills. Id suggest either waiting for measurements or purchasing a known transparent amp/DAC like the schiit stack or o2+odac.

HD600 master race

Personally I would rather support an American company than frosty chinamen.

he-400i
Modded fostex t50rp

Forget le trip

it has a dip at that specific frequency, which you then use to justify the lack of bass.

Glomf

It's better, but that's not to say you wouldn't be satisfied with the Schiit stack. It also costs a bit more, though it's currently on sale

Try stretching your headband and come back to us, senpai

One thing to note about the HE400i is they have a very open design that gives a nice soundstage but also leaks much more sound than the HD600. You could blast music on the HD600's and someone across the hall probably wouldn't hear it but the HE400i it would sound like someone is playing music on their cellphone.

>In production
But that's wrong now, dude

>Using open headphones near someone you don't want hearing
Now that's just a shit excuse

Nah, my justification is how human hearing works. 30hz doesn't add much to music other than special cases like nigger rap.

I ordered a pair of Here One's yesterday, how bad did I fuck up?

Ok guys I have DT990 and HD650 but what will be my next purchase? Mid-fi segment

Which one do you prefer or use the most?

>was gifted something called Hyper-X gaming headset
>actually genuinely like it

I feel ashamed. At least it doesnt have fucking blinking LEDs

I'd suggest you try some AKGs to get the full mid fi trio going. Maybe the K702 or K7XX.

My motherboard has a digital audio out port, can I use it as an input instead?

I want to send my tv audio like this: TV -> mobo -> dac -> headphone. But when I do it with a 3.5 I get this buzzing sound and it's just atrocious. Was hoping that a digital cable would fix that. I want high quality audio for my PS2 damn it!

why you wanna have 3 different headsets at the same time?

>lowest note on a downtuned bass guitar is 31.5hz
>lowest note on a piano is 30hz
>lowest extension of kick drum is 30hz
>pipe organs
>Synthesizer

so you dont understand how human hearing works got it.

Just EQ it

>he doesn't have 3 pairs of ears

Best entry level(~$400) closed back headphones? They can be big because I'd just use them on the public bus and I carry a messenger bag so they'll fit in with my laptop even if its something the size of a hd600.
List of potential candidates:
Meze Neo 99
ATH MSR7
MDR-1A
Sennheiser HD1
Oppo PM-3
Denon AH-MM400
NAD VISO HP50
PSB M4U

I'm thinking the Meze or MSR7 might be the best buy. I would prefer a smooth and warm sound that excels at vocals and I am not sensitive to treble at all.

50/50
I was thinking abou K612. They say it's the most neutral one.
Because I'm autistic and it's fun

>boo hoo 30hz is the same loudness as 1KHz
When the only thing people can do is make mountains out of molehills, you know that headphone is good.

that's a really good headset, I can tell from the bbig red X on the side and the gigantic mic. Truly a must have for all G A M E R S

Need a replacement for my now completely broken PX 200-II. These headphones lasted longer than any previous pairs I owned.

>Budget

>Source

Phone, rarely Laptop. Mostly for music. Considering buying a dedicated audio player except I have no idea which one.

>Type of headphone
Preferably full. IEMs only if Open or closed
Preferably closed, I always fuck up the mesh with velcro closures on open ones.

>Comfort level
Should be comfortable during longer flights or train rides. Should not be too large and portable. The Sennheiser px 200 were great.

>Sound signature
No idea. I listen to minimal techno/deep house or rock/punk 90% of the time.

>Past headphones
Sennheiser px 200 II, various AKG and cheap in-ears.

I always just went to the store and bought some. Bought the PX 200 at the airport, and they have lasted longer than anything previously. Took years until I had to fix the cable because it broke.

Why not stretch is the proper way by fully extending and then bending the metal underband, and not the fucking unbendable plastic?

Sorry senpai, but there's a new kid on the block

next time use pastebin.com/

>I was thinking abou K612. They say it's the most neutral one.
Sounds like a radio. Weird big bump around 2.5KHz with very rolled off bass. It's definitely a very unique sounding headphone though. If you're a gamer it definitely gives incredible detail to everything around you (eg wind blowing through trees in witcher 3 or going inside a cave and hearing the water droplets). Music sounds very fresh and light to the ear without ever being too harsh.

To me they're a very specific set of tools to enjoy certain things. As a general headphone I think it's subpar. I can see it being one of the best headphones for people that don't care about bass at all

Planar? LCD?

Thanks. Now I don't want them :)

>molehill
>giant mid range dip and no bass

kek

>Planar
Yes
>LCD
Close.

should have stuck with though, to be honest

It's a rebranded takstar pro 80 and is a very good cheap headphone although not the best.
The new takstar pro 82 is fucking gorgeous and even better.
Other similarly good cheap closed backheadphones are the ath-m40x, isk HD9999, and dt770i

Which headphone is it? hifiman don't tend to have measurements like that afaik

what do I do about the tinnitus

Audeze Sine. But they're on-ear, which may not be for everyone, including me. At least they both are sold at a similar price

Try doing a peroxide cleanse of your ears. Helped my tinnitus

>8dB nosedive in treble after 4K
>4dB chunk missing from lower mids
Nah

The graph is properly sealed and hasn't been debunked

Turn the volume up.

Welp, I fell for the meme and bought pic related. Honestly these are really fucking good. Great addition to my small collection.

>buying plastic headphones
You deserve this desu

Then eq, goy

post collection

HD569, HD380 Pro, HD280 Pro, mdr-7506, mdr-cd900st, cb-1

If you throw EQ into the mix the whole argument becomes pointless.

Template for an obvious HD600 recommendation.

I EQ'd my internal motherboard speaker now it sounds like a world class sound system.

Like the HD 600s on the bottom with no bass and no treble?

>I gushed in my HE400S review, in some ways I preferred it over the HD 600. Comparing the HE4XX to the HD 600 again today I've got to say I still think it's better in some ways. The HD 600 is smoother and more liquid sounding, but it's got that veil, and the long hump in the bass/lower-mids response does give it a thick coloration compared to the HE4XX. Treble is a bit more strident in the HE4XX, and the presence area is a little more withdrawn, but bass extension and midrange neutrality are better than the HD 600. Bottom line: both are very good cans. But that price difference! People should be yelling, "Take my money!"

Then eq, goy

You could use HD600s near someone but probably not HE400i at the same volume. HE400i leaks so bad you might as well use speakers.

inb4 sennheiser shills say his opinion is invalid.

>Polite? Yes. Laid back? Sure. Slightly lacking in the airy sound of very good top end response? Okay. But not veiled...at least not the HD 600. I do think the HD 650 might be worthy of the moniker though.

Till's getting old... it sucks how hearing gets worse with the years. But these are still pretty good in FR. Too bad they're hifimans.
Shit quality, shit QC, shit support. Do they even sell the parts so you can fix it yourself when it inevitably breaks at some point.
I'd suggest buying the trusted and reliable HD600. Been around for 20 years, easy to take apart/put together, parts readily available and prices reasonable.

>Bottom line: both are very good cans
Hmm quite a different conclusion than the graphposters here, with hifiman's track record of sub-par build quality I'd still rather have the HD600s even at a higher price.

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

>reasonable prices
>$100 for a headband

reposting because my phone keeps going Aussie on me
>rate

>>$100 for a headband
Actual prices.
headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/hifi-tv-headphones/hd-600-avantgarde

Pretty cheap for some part you'd have to be quite the animal to break.

>600s headbands are designed to snap but that's ok because they'll sell me replacement parts
Lmao, cucks

Get rid of that gamer garbage, user

If your phone saves orientation information in the EXIF of the photo Sup Forums deletes all EXIF information before posting, so it reverts to the original rotation orientation the file was captured in.

To get around this just open it up in a photo editor and re-save it. The saved copy will have the rotation hard saved to the photo, not just in EXIF.