CUCK TRUSTS MICRO$HIT, LOSES 130K DOLLARS

This stupid fucking KEK just trusted Micro$hit and got MACRO$HAFTED. Haha. 130,000 USD.

That's what you get for taking Nadella's brown cock up the ass and using IE and BING.

medium.com/@junaidlive/2fa-wont-save-you-from-phishing-5fe426c34c5b

you have to go back

are redditors truly this retarded?

>hacked
words don't mean anything anymore

Hey guys, why don't they just freeze the assets in whatever account(s) it was transf-OH WAIT.

It's a fucking untraced zero security model make believe coin.

>falling for bing ad
>ends up complaining for own poorsec

3 dubs / 5 posts

sucks for dude but >not checking the url

Money not in your wallet on your hard drive is not your money

Dumb redditor

>types in credentials for account with 130k USD
>into a fucking page without verifying it's authenticity
>acts surprised when he gets robbed

a sucker and his cash

seriously, why do people keep falling for the BTC trade exchange/bank scam? especially after seeing all those sites close up shop and just keep your shit. Is it cause transactions are faster or some shit?

Ha, fucking retard. I hope he kills himself.

I would have said fake and gay, but most miners are fucking braindead so it makes sense.

This isn't a Microsoft problem. It's classic "as a technology becomes more mainstream, people increasingly forget the basic tenets of use."

Simple rule: never enter sensitive information unless you KNOW you're putting it in the right place. Bing can make their own mistakes, but they're not responsible for your mistakes.

Mfw Nigerian scammers have evolved.

Hashcucks btfo.

Decentralization has it's downsides

I wonder what "blocking ads is theft" guy is up to today.

He's the one who had his "money" stolen.

First of all, you're 12 if you still replace the S with a $. Second, Microsoft can be shitty, but do you really think that MS or any company has the time sift through every as to verify its legitimacy? That guy got fucked for not paying attention. No one's fault but his.

Fuck off shill.

>Fuck off $hill.
ftfw

Bittdefender Safe pay 2018.

KEKED

Now do you understand why cryptocurrency will never replace fiat?
Turns out the ability to reverse transactions is a good thing.

BRB creating a phishing ad for cryptocucks

Why do cryptocucks use these services when they can just have their coins on their wallets?

I can't believe someone who invested in bitcoin of all thing didn't know about ublock or umatrix

Because day trading is easy and predictable. I turned 1k into 8k in a month alone.

can't you do trading with just your wallet or are transactions too slow?

Yes they don't even use bookmarks and it makes no sense why the guy would even fucking think about using internet explorer

Because ads are necessary for the survival of certain services, blocking them is piracy.

That and transaction fees would eat you alive.

Day trading isn't moving actual bitcoins. It's just IOU until you withdraw.

>Cryptomeme
Saged. Didn't read.

so they can just tell you to get fucked and keep all your coins

Sure fire way of killing yourself and your entire family

Those Mt.Gox guys seem to be doing fine

You could, but you'd have to find people to trade with who'd be willing to give you USD/other currency in return, and do bank transfers manually.

The point of day-trading platforms is that
>they hold both BTC and USD on the same account
>they have open books for active orders that anyone can trade via without manual negotiation

They were hacked though, big difference.

Traction fees are like 3%. There are millions of trades everyday with volume up a few thousand millions. You can survive off the fees alone, there's really no need to scam people.

>You could, but you'd have to find people to trade with who'd be willing to give you USD/other currency in return, and do bank transfers manually.
>they hold both BTC and USD on the same account
why can't you just give the site a debit card number and do it all automatically like in an currency exchange? i see no point apart from maybe being a bit slower than having the money and the BTC already on your account

Google does the same thing though. There are fake ads there all the time, accidentally clicked on a fake Youtube link and it was a ransomware popup. (Locked the browser, had to close the browser in the task manager)

Why would that even be better? If you had to trust the site with a credit-card number, you could just as well trust it with your USDs directly, and that way is certainly easier to implement and better in practice, with zero delay and no external failure modes.

I said debit not credit card. And if you get your shit stolen from your debit card you can still go whine to them, good luck whining to the trading site if they get hacked.

ugh, random email address emails our CFO and she does what it says
>hacked
someone creates facebook account with same name as my aunt
>hacked

>if you get your shit stolen from your debit card you can still go whine to them
That's a very major liability for the trading site itself, though. If I were running a trading site, I sure wouldn't want complaints coming in from people using stolen debit cards three months after a trade. Either way, the same thing goes; if you trust the site with your debit card, you can just as well trust it with your USDs directly.

Hurrrrr, I want to support websites so I don't adblock.

Either way, you still need to have BTC on your trading account, or there'd be no way for the trading site to guarantee that you can fulfill your part of a contract.

redditor falls for phishing scam and blames MS?

this bug is marked as wont fix in firefox and they recommended to use the method on that image to verify that the domain is correct.

HEIL HELVETICA
NOT ALL FONTS ARE EQUAL

>he used internet explorer
stupid is as stupid does

I would argue that it is still valid in this case.

Hacking isn't like the movie Hackers. It doesn't require you to be actively at your keyboard doing shit.

It was a phishing site, but it probably automatically used the credentials to access the account in the background and do the transfer.
That makes it more than just a phishing site.

i guess this would be a fundamental disagreement in the definition of the things
as far as i can tell
Hacking is an active process
ie someone actually has to do things to gain access to the data
Phishing is a passive process
ie someone puts up a website/sends out emails and waits for the victims to fall for it
i guess you could break it down to
with hacking the hacker is the active party
with phishing it's the victim