Australia's biggest pop culture icon

>Australia's biggest pop culture icon
>Is a Polish man

Why?

>Sup Forums - International" is Sup Forums's international board, for the exchange of foreign language and culture.

This definitely applies then

>and culture.

This definitely applies then

he is actually the ancestor of German minorities ho fled from Poland after WW2 to escape Polish war crimes

How is Mel Gibson Polish?

I think he was referring to Max Rockatansky

Only way to get "Max", "Rocket", and "Tank" into name and still be realistic.
What should he have been called?
Maximilian Q. Rockettank?

you may laugh, but it seems to me the most likely explanation.
During the cold war era, not many Poles could travel to Australia

Not Mel gibson the character Max Rockatansky

>mfw reading Gibson's Dad's wiki page

It's like Sup Forums in the real world.

>Canada's biggest pop culture icon
>is a fucking leaf

Kurwa

this is made up name. the sky really means sky

Australia's biggest mountain is... wait, how's it called?

This is australias biggets pop culture icon though

>Mount McClintock is the highest mountain (3,490 m / 11,456 ft) in the Britannia Range in Australian Antarctic Territory, surmounting the south end of Forbes Ridge, 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) east of Mount Olympus. It is also higher than all other peaks of Australia, including all external territories. It was discovered by the Discovery expedition (1901–04) and named for Admiral Sir Leopold McClintock, Royal Navy, a member of the Ship Committee for the expedition.

>Admiral Sir Leopold McClintock
heh

what's funny?

>Why?
Why not?

The Great Wendish Mountain

100% this
Australia's biggest pop culture icon is definitely based Crocodile Dundee

Germs are truly still peaces of thieving shits.

says the jew who actually profited largely from WW2 whilst the rest of Europe was burning

Mad max is more famous than crocodile dundee gtfo

The Bee Gees. Weren't they Strayan?

They were Brits I think

Yes, they were

Lolno

yeah, that's why more than a half of my mother's family fled to Australia between 1946 and 1970

I always thought Max was Russian.

Russians have surnames ending with "-vich" and "-ov"
"-ski", "-dzki" and "-cki" are the surnames of Polish nobility, often anglicized as "-sky", "-tsky", "-tzky"

So Max was a KANG n sheit?

btw, these suffixes literally mean "from somewhere" or "of something", it's Polish equivalent of Germanic "von"

>KHAN'D

where is "-cki" from?

more like a distant descendant of some noble family which lost all it's power in XIXth century and had all their property taken by commies so they emigrated to become regular plebs in Straya

it's a story of 90% of Polish nobility t b h

and there's nothing wrong with that, nobility is cancer and former colonies should be aware of that

>The nobility is cancer

Pleb of humble birth detected

t.Grzegorz Brezcxzijygewicz

His family was more than likely just regular plebs who adopted the surname of their former masters because they themselves didn't have any. Happened a lot in XIX century.

from Poland, I said it in the first post

it depends on the base word of the surname

"Rockatansky" = anglicized "Rokatański" = "from Rokanatów/Rokatany/Rokatanki" or some other nonsense shithole with "Rokatan-" i it's name

but if his family was from "Rokatanice" he would be called "Rokatanicki" = "Rockatanitzky/Rockatanitsky"

if his family was from "Rokatady" he would be called "Rokatadzki" = "Rockatatzky"

That's bretty cool. It would be awesome Identifying where peoples family came from just by their last name. New worlders don't know this feel.

actually, my mother's half-noble and my grandma's (from the father side) family was pretty big and old noble family, to the point there's a medium-sized city in western Belarus named after my ancestor and I have a XVth century last will letter of my ancestor (hussar of the voivode's private army) where he leaves his serfs to his son (with a comment that one is "sick and thus worth nothing")

I just think that the fact that my ancestors owned serfs and were members of an oligarchic class which pretty much led the whole region to the sorry state it is now is not a reason to be proud of

people move around, marry, adopt children, some surnames are distorted by spelling mistakes etc.

after a couple of hundreds of years nothing's sure

polish nobility

aka royal toilet cleaners

What is this sheeeit? Where is the hussar mech?

You want to be raped by niggers, cucksky?

good touch on nazis, they indeed have no head.

>what is AC/DC

A shit band