Tell me what do you know about this little island

Tell me what do you know about this little island.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NGKqd65hpPQ
it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storia_antropometrica_della_Sardegna
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is that, Elba?

It is on earth

I've already written a summary yesterday

absolute shithole that has to be glassed

It used to belong to Genova which used to belong to Spain?

This

T.Sardinian

its skyrim

No it belonged to Spain Genova just owned some cities before Spain cucked them

Well Aragon I guess, and then Spain. Man I should read more.

t.cucks

I think I remember reading that there is this really bad genetic disease on the island to do with blood? that makes people die pretty early.

They should diversify their genepool

Corsica belonged to genoa

Before or after Aragon claimed Genoa?

delet
delet

they have the highest longevity on earth along with nips

This goddess is from there.

The island to the north is more relevant because the most based man who ever lived was born there.

Sardinians have produced a successful astronaut so fuck off

please

Thalassemia? Doesn't the whole med have that, to varying degrees?

Corsica has always been Italian and always will be. Shame that France came and stole it.

You sold it though

No
But Corsica is still better

People there eat disgusting cheese with worms.

t. Pierre Obongo

challenge?

It's not that much different.

I know It's not so little, It's Italian, and... Nothing else.

>it's Italian

Wrong.

I'm thinking about landscapes and such, Corsica is more mountainous and much less densily populated

There is a type of fish named after it?

We invaded Egypt and shit

What? W-why?

It is, ignore him.

T. Sardinian

They eat maggots

Some diseases seem to have a higher incidence than in other places, that's pretty much it.
Interestingly, type 1 diabetes for instance has incidence rates similar to Finland and Scandinavia, which is pretty weird.

Muh culture
But it does belong to Italy so you aren't wrong

Only the highlanders do

T.Sardinian

>12th century

Wow. This is beautiful.

They eat rotten, liquified cheese with worms
>Sardinian cuisine

They speak their own language, have their own culture and customs and are a distinct group of people very isolated genetically. Our version of the Basques in other words.

t. cuck. A true Sardinian would never want to be called Italian.

>Our version of the Basques in other words.
not even close.

What do you mean by this?

Still, it's a heavily Latinized culture as testified by the language and the religion itself and has been under strong Italic influence every since.

>??? century

>inb4 Nuraghe

Yes they are.

Litterally menhirs depicting Sardinians

basques literally speak a pre-roman language of the native people that live in there

basque country is genetically mixed with castilians but some areas are still not

sardinians speak post-latin as italians do

so its much less spectacular

Megalithic culture was a phenomenon on both islands. I can literally walk to one of those sites from my parents house.

Basques are much more isolated linguistically, Sardinians are more isolated genetically.

Sardinians used to speak pre indo european too, there are still many pre indo european words, also recognizable in the toponimes

>They speak their own language
didn't know it.
> have their own culture and customs and are a distinct group of people very isolated genetically
Ok I see.

Is there any independence movement in there?
Or they consider themselves Italians today?

Both were kingz and shit

I can do it too, but I don't live in Corsica

It looks like a pokemon region in this pic

>I don't live in Corsica
You seems to love it, tho

Literally confirmed by the Khangz themselves

>An inscription by Ramesses II on a stele from Tanis which recorded the Sherden pirates' raid and subsequent defeat, speaks of the constant threat which they posed to Egypt's Mediterranean coasts:

the unruly Sherden whom no one had ever known how to combat, they came boldly sailing in their warships from the midst of the sea, none being able to withstand them.

>rapidly search in youtube for sardinia

>the language is UNIRONICALLY 99% the same than Aragonese language

youtube.com/watch?v=NGKqd65hpPQ

^All actual cucks^

It's the closest modern language to ancient Latin.

I'm an /out/ fag, so even though I live in a nice place for this Corsica looks even better

Yeah I read a bit on wiki about how the islands are related, which isn't really suprising seeing how close they are

in general is more understandable to me than standar italian but then there are some unrecognizable words

it's closer to Spanish than to Italian

I see, you falled in love with this place. I understand.

>tfw north-east Sardinian
>tfw don't actually know if I'm Corsican rape babby or not
there's all sort of shit around this argument, some say the replacement was real, some say it was exaggerated, some say the link with Corsica is pre-Roman(ancient Corsi tribe), some say it's not

I may be wrong, but I always knew that after the Italian wars genoa just had deep financial ties with the crown of Spain, being their bankers and sheit, and the continuous bankruptcies of the crown lead to its decadence. I've never heard of an aragonese domination of genoa

Only in pronounce.

Are you Corsican ?

>France
>White

The people of North Eastern Sardinia were known as Corsi by the Romans, and so were the people of Southern Corsica.

An interesting note: When the Corsi got captured and sold as slaves by the Romans after their rebellion, the Romans considered them the worst possible slaves in the world because they often killed themselves, died of self imposed starvation, or just were completely apathetic and unresponsive, unable to accept their fate.

t. el chileANO

The last hypothesis is the most likely one. Some Sardinians start clustering near central Italy and the north Italians clustering close to Sardinians are probably the Genoese.

Cool, but you don't have a ziggurat with a giant egg in front ;)

Ha ha, no. I'm Normand.

Bellissimo, non avevo mai visto questi dati, grazie

I used to spend vacations in Normandy near the Marais-Vernier, not easy to lose yourself into nature there but it's comfy as fuck anyway

Sardinian ayyliens were more skilled than Corsican ones

The impressing things about those is that it proves they had long swords in 1600-1500 bc, some of those menhir statues also have armor and helmets which show incredible similarities with the sea people who invaded Egypt

yup, they seem to be known as the same folk by the ancients, with the main hypothesis being that they were an insular branch of the Ligures

point is that the classic literature(the orthodoxy basically) talks about an heavy depopulation of Gallura in the middle ages due to some diseases or something, with Corsican migrants heavily repopulating the area later
this hypothesis seems to be based on surnames gathered from church records
but I've also read some shit about how the whole thing was exaggerated and dismissed too soon, and an alternative explanation for Gallurese being so different from Sardinian is that it simply was always shared between Gallura and south Corsica, with the former area being repopulated by Gallurese peoples who had taken refuge in the coastal areas

I did look at some studies on this but from what I've gathered there seem to be conflicting conclusions
anthropologically small differences seem to be there, i.e it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storia_antropometrica_della_Sardegna , but looking at Y-DNA for instance the differences seem minimal from what I've gathered

Should be independent

>little
they should start their own country desu

should be gassed

they used to cuck them from time to time