Should I sell my Thinkpad W520 and buy a Dell XPS 13 9360?

Should I sell my Thinkpad W520 and buy a Dell XPS 13 9360?

get a used rMBP instead.

unless you need all the workforce that a w520 needs, and your prone to accidently dropoing stuff. stick with the thinkpad, but if you're good go ahead dude. looks like a nice laptop :D

Get X1 Carbon 5th Gen instead

This

If you care a lot about your keyboard, yes, definitely do get the X1. Otherwise go with the XPS, it's great.
Screen and most other things seem to be better in the XPS 13 but keyboard is undoubtedly better in the X1.

unless they fixed the coil whine that plagues them, dont bother
I bought a carbon instead, really nice so far

>implying a W520 is powerful
even an average XPS 13 would blow a typical W520 into the fucking weeds, those things were limp dicks even as new products with shitty low-end Quadro cards and garbage displays

Interestingly, my 9365 has no coil whine at all. But then again it's not a 9360. And in terms of speed it easily btfo's my work T460 the fuck out.

The quad-core model W520 would crush a throttlebook

i disagree, having used both, both keyboards are abysmal

you buy them because they are pretty

>you buy them because they are pretty
Totally true.

Btw every laptop keyboard is total shit tier nowadays. Nothing even comes close to my X200T's keyboard, the thing is rock solid. But then again it's an ugly and heavy machine by today's standards.

youre right i dont actually enjoy typing on my carbon you've changed my mind

Was actually considering buying one. Guess I'm not anymore.

How much do they pay to shill shitbooks. If it's decent ill shill them but you can't make me use one.

i ended up getting an xps 13 two weeks ago after pretty extensive research

>coil whine
i was expecting this to be an issue. turns out its a windows specific problem. never had it since i run gnu/loonix exclusively

>adaptive brightness
this setting can ONLY be turned off on the more expensive QHD+ display. the firmware cannot be changed/updated with the cheaper screen

>keyboard
it feels like a spongy macbook air but you get used to it

oh and the speakers kinda suck, which doesnt matter to me since i use headphones. other than that its a great laptop

Why does Sup Forums think everyone shilling a macbook is getting paid?
Who's paying you to shill non-apple products?

the xps is comfy and portable, I now bring it to places where I wouldn't usually bring my T430 since it's so light

You're a big guy if you've carried a W520
Get a T470 with a 1080p screen and 72wh battery

Me.

Which model of X1 carbon?
Apparently the 2017 (gen5) keyboard is as good as the T470.

I like the keyboard on my E420 (T430 style)