Why doesn't Canada just merge with America?

Why doesn't Canada just merge with America?

They're linguistically compatible, culturally identical and socially interchangeable.

It makes zero sense for them to be separate political entities.

Same with NZ and Australia.

Other urls found in this thread:

al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/07/black_panther_leader_urges_cre.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

same with:

peru/bolivia
argentina/urgay
mexico/thosetinycountrysnexttoit
north irland/south irland
north korea/south korea
colombia/venezuela

also germany/poland

>Why doesn't Canada just merge with America?
Maybe they don't want to.

>culturally identical

Fuck no, them Canadians aren't nothing like my folk.

>more liberals and Treudeau.

Because I'll think you'll find Canada belongs to her majesty

Why doesn't Thailand merge with Vietnam? Laos? Cambodia? Myanmar? China?

This.
Do you know what a country is?

yeah, and let's not forget about the /ex-yu/ countries

Because having perpetual allies is better than having more land

It just works

we don't want them, they don't want us.

They're essentially a vassal state, but no we'd rather not have more liberals here. Plus how else would they get the smugness to peform their country's greatest pastime - America bashing online?

if we merged how would we tell burgers from leaf posters

why do we need to when there's literally no difference

>Why doesn't Canada just merge with America?
that would be horrible for our economy

God Save the Queen
Republicuks out

Canadians are French you retard

No we're not, only a portion of us are.

ROI/NI

hmmmm yes well done, well done

We haven't been remotely Anglo for decades you delusional fuck boy. Not to mention the Empire fell apart some time ago.

Shut up, you don't even know ur own culture

If you merge your America, they win.

Go fuck yourself Zhang

Bahwut?

Because they have a lot of free shit like medicine. Free medicine is evil.
I'm a doctor

>We haven't been remotely Anglo for decades

fuck off chink

>Ignoring french-canadians

Delet this

Make me, fuccboi

the USA has a lot of social problems we dont want to inherit

and also us frenchies

Fuck off Chink. East Coast is still Anglo and Proud.

Because they are our bitch. Don't let them tell you otherwise. They are our 11th province.

t. Toronto

Speak for yourself, I am Anglo.

I don't think the US wants to be less relevant.

We're really not interested in seeing our Muslim population go up, thanks.

I literally only learned last year that Brazilians don't speak Spanish.

You have more Muslims than us?

Newfie here. Fuck the queen.

>Newfie here

Prove it

NO
WE ARE NOT.

>They're linguistically compatible
>What is french

Why won't you stop this meme, eh?

toutons > pancakes

>>What is french
irrelevant

>Sven

Just

>they're linguistically compatible
The only exception being French Canada, spelling differences, and run of the mill dialectical differences

>culturally identical and socially interchangeable
Nope. From the very beginning, the US and Canada have been at odds ideologically. Right up until very recent years, they've been significantly farther to the left, politically.

Also, the US would never accept Queen Elizabeth as Queen of the United States, and I don't think Canada would part with her so easily.

>The only exception being French Canada, spelling differences, and run of the mill dialectical differences

You forgot we don't speak Spanish.

The US as a political entity is a nightmare. Plus in 20 years they will all be beaners.

>Right up until very recent years, they've been significantly farther to the left, politically.

That's true but not significantly farther, we've tried to emulated you for a really long time but we're always a step behind. You always set the precedent for us. Harpers was our Bush and Trudeau is our Obama.

New Zealand are big enough, advanced enough and noncontiguous enough with Australia that they deserve to be their own country. We can work towards a common market and free movement of peoples quite easily as respectful equals with common interests and values.

>Canadians are French you retard
That's like saying Americans are french just because they speak a lot of french in Louisiana

I'm a burger in Canada. This place is awful, worse than any American city I've ever been to.
The people are generally cunts too.

And yet socially we're ahead, like with gay rights and minority rights

>Free medicine is evil.
The pharmaceutical industry is evil.
The insurance industry is evil.
US doctors are in bed with them, which makes them evil too.

Looking forward to Olympic themed putine fries

I tried McD's poutine when I was in Montreal. Much better than one would think.
Of course, it is starting with a solid base. McD's fries are top shelf.

>faggot rughts

USA already have their first non-binary person recognized by the state. Do you?

this. a republican would never sit in the white house again if we merged. I'd be ok with Alberta merging though.

I'm voting Wild Rose but if those fuckers start talking about abortions and faggots I'll go back to the conservatives. We aren't Texas north like easterners think.

>I'd be ok with Alberta merging
this would fix all of Alberta's trade, taxation, demographic, labor, oil pipeline, and economic problems. And thanks to Quebec, it is legal under Canadian law. I hope it never happen though. It's bad enough to be bordered by an unstable country to the south. Canadian balkanization would just create another basket-case neighbor.

Doesn't matter. The Republican Party has doomed itself by crawling into bed with that Trump character.

>tfw A&W changed their fries and their poutine is shit now

>taxation
Not really
>demographic
No, we're have a very young province and actually pay more thanks to the east being very old
>economic/trade
We'd knock a few bucks off the cost of shipping oil but nothing crazy

>when they add to much of the spice on the burgers

it's just seasoning salt user
i used to work there

>>taxation
>Not really
>>demographic
>No, we're have a very young province and actually pay more thanks to the east being very old

the rest of Canada has a demographic problem, so Alberta is footing the bill. This is what I mean by fixing Alberta's taxation, and demographic problems.

>We'd knock a few bucks off the cost of shipping oil but nothing crazy
Keystone would be huge for Alberta. not just because of the cost of shipping. If they mix Albertan oil into the same distribution network as N. Dakota and other US oil, then many more US refineries will want to re-tool to process the mix, instead of remain tooled to process US oil only.

This is the saddest reality ive have to face in an hour.

>thosetinycountrysnexttoit

It could be partly solved by setting up our own pension plan like quebec, equalization payments do remain a problem. I remain less them convinced about refineries, the oil mainly goes south because it was earlier set up and cheaper to upgrade on site, there is no real benefit to setting up refineries here without "sweetheart" deals which our province is notoriously shitty at.

back to having fun again...

>gay rights
>ahead
pls try harder

>top shelf.
That means adult themed lol. X-rated fries?
Top tier top notch top class?

>fries

FOY

>top shelf.
>That means adult themed lol. X-rated fries?
Here, "top shelf" is the good stuff.
Like top shelf liquor is the high-quality stuff you don't waste on your visiting druncle.

What's the big deal?
"frites" and "fries" mean exactly the same thing.

I don't know about the rest of Quebec, but I had no problem talking to people there in English. There were only two locals I met who didn't speak English: one was obviously homeless, and the other seemed like he might have been insane.

Because we don't share a language with any of those, except Laos which should rejoin us. Dumb nigger.

>implying Sleepy Doctor or a person who wants to turn the U.S into a theocracy is any better.

Canada can have the yankee states.

This.

I have been waiting for Canada to absorb my state for quite a while now.

Canada do something bad. USA dont want this Karma

Which one you want liberated bud?

guatemala is rightful mexican clay

a republican will never sit in the white house again already

At least I don't live under a millitary dictatorship.

There's still a provision in our constitution that allows for New Zealand to join the commonwealth whenever they want

Hopefully it'll be some day soon too, the hilarity of an independent NZ has been wearing off since the late 19th century at least

fuck off gook cunt

Why doesn't US break up into a white North a black South East and a Mexican South West?

al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/07/black_panther_leader_urges_cre.html

No. You live under something much worse.

What happened to Republicans like Reagan? Don't get me wrong, I don't think he was the second coming or Jesus or anything like a lot of people do, but he was at least a respectable choice. Trump has no dignity but everyone else in his party is a wet blanket.

New Zealand is basically Newfoundland.

They're both islands that never joined the confederation and reached dominion status on their own. The difference is that Newfoundland joined us in 1949.

nz is our vanguard against the polynesian horde

also it'd be unfair to other countries sporting wise

I have legitimately never heard of your country before

would the newly-formed 'North American Union' be bigger than Soviet Russia/Imperial Russia ever was?

whatever happens it'll still be smaller than your mom

the meme lord has spoken

sounds awesome. but i doubt germany wants "east germany 1990 2.0". they will never agree to spend money to unfuck us.