Hey Sup Forums looking for a good business class laptop that ISN'T a lenovo think pad model...

Hey Sup Forums looking for a good business class laptop that ISN'T a lenovo think pad model. I refuse to give new IBM money. In short I can pay max $800 and I am a network admin so an RJ-45 port is a must have. What are your thoughts? It has to look good to my clients, so those dumb faggots keep paying me money for trivial work because

>oh look shiny he must be really good at his job. Computers are really hard.

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/11732/unannounced-8th-generation-core-15w-u-series-cpus-appear-on-intels-price-list
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>new IBM
Lenovo is chinks and always have been

That's what I'm saying user I dont trust their shit,

If it's a specific 'I don't trust a Chinese company' kind of thing, remember where everybody's shit is made.
If you don't think the current build quality on the T series is up to snuff or something though, then fair enough. They went to shit with the xx30 generation, got even worse with the xx40 and have only just clawed their way back up to being worthwhile laptops.

>doesn't trust chink shit
>OP is picture of chink shit

HP Elitebook
Dell Latitude
Acer Travelmate
NEC Lavie
Fujitsu Lifebook
Panasonic Let's Note
Toshiba Tecra

Take your pick.

Latitude e7240 on eBay. Get touch model for IPS. Less than 500. Less than 400 if you're patient.

Well you said new IBM which is incredibly incorrect
IBM is the notsees not the huns

Just get the newest macbook with an RJ45 port

Thinkpad t420 blaze it faggot

It's all chinkshit, but at least with Thinkpads you get what you pay for.

HP Elitebooks are pretty good

HP Elitebook user

The new Dell Latitudes are slick as fuck.

Why?

What's wrong with the xx30 series user?
It's really similar to the xx20 except for the keyboard

Build quality is reportedly worse, battery blacklist that you need to replace the BIOS to work around and it ships with the shittier keyboard.
Though thinking about it, it's not really until the xx40 that things REALLY went to shit. xx30 isn't so bad in retrospect.

>good business class laptop
>$800
Ain't gonna work fella

The build quality is still good enough to stand on (literally)
The battery and keyboard are handled by the EC which you can flash with a USB so you've heard wrong
XX40 was a mistake and Lenovo accepted it with xx50

It doesn't have to be new user.

Del latitude.
When I got laid off work they never bothered to take the laptop back so I got a free business class laptop. I just need to find a way to unlock bios to flash Debian.

this is literally the best image i have downloaded in weeks. cheers.

Manufacturer refurbished Dells are fucking awesome. Most of the time they are pretty much new, and come at really good prices.

>flash with a USB
>a USB
You must be 18 to post here

>being a huge faggot over nomenclature even though you perfectly understood what I'm trying to say
You must be 18 to post here newfag

>my clients
>dumb faggots
>paying me

sounds as you are the greatest faggot of all

all computers are made in china now.

I sure am.

It's not it being made in China I don't like

>I wish it wasn't

It's that they took IBM's consumer section and lowered build quality pretty consistently.

>Thinkpads
>Consumer
And the current ones are pretty okay. Not perfect but easily the best option in the enterprise laptop sector. They dipped in quality for a while after they ditched the xx20-esque chassis but the current ones do the job just fine.

>It has to look good to my clients, so those dumb faggots keep paying me money for trivial work because
>oh look shiny he must be really good at his job. Computers are really hard.
You are stupid OP, the more old and obscure your computer looks the more serious they will think you are. You should look like a magician for them, if you just have some normie shit like a Macbook they will think that they might as well do what you do.
So you should get some old looking big as laptop, e.g. pic related, install Linux and some tiling wm with a dark color scheme.
That will make you look serious.

...You do realize that they made IBM's thinkpad series for years, even under IBM's branding, right?

Go check HP's elitebooks. It's a big-enough name that it makes companies feel "safe", they look like "fancy" versions of their consumer models, so they're shiny, and you'll be able to make a mint in replacing simple components that break on them easily enough, because the cheap elitebooks every company buys are just gussed up consumer models.

Dell Latitude if you want quality, but beware, they look shitty and a lot of schools have them, so they have a reputation in some areas for being "cheap school laptops" despite their actual price tags and specs.

This lol. I remember coming to a meeting with a room full of macs and I had the only thinkpad. My turn to show the performance reports I boot up linux and basically run a command line to open up images. CFO thought I was a fucking wizard and basically talked to me in the aftermeeting asking what OS that was and that it was impressive I was keeping up with programming after all the years.

>Dell XPS, E, M models
>HP elitebooks
>Asus Zenbook
There are alot of options user,

>Asus Zenbooks
>Dell XPS

I guess if you REALLY like doing all of your asset management, performance assessment, and reporting manually, but I'm fairly sure any group small enough to be asking on Sup Forums should be optimizing and automating their management, not trying to add to it...

anandtech.com/show/11732/unannounced-8th-generation-core-15w-u-series-cpus-appear-on-intels-price-list

wtf u talking about idiot

If you really want to appeal for normies, then this is the only way to go tbqhwyf.

Charles Barkley Shut Up And Jam! Gaiden

I don't believe you.

He is probably talking about quality of life applications you huge faggot.

dell latitute e7470, got them at work and love mine to bits