Samsung Portable SSD T5 Review

tomshardware.com/reviews/samsung-t5-portable-ssd,5163.html?utm_source=notification

Samsung Portable SSD T5
250GB
500GB
1TB
2TB
Prices respectively
$129.99
$199.99
$399.99
$799.99

Good prices, no?

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/reviews/samsung-t5-portable-ssd,5163.html?utm_source=notification
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tomshardware.com/reviews/samsung-t5-portable-ssd,5163.html?utm_source=notification

So it's got a Samsung EVO SSD & warranty but it has a Samsung 850 Pro price.

Why in the fuck would I ever buy this and why would you think anyone would want to?

KYS

>Finally get a real external drive with complete USB 3.1 10Gbps
>doesn't even saturate sata

>le pcie maymay

I don't get it
You trying to sell me your old hard drives or something?
Drive speeds have surpassed USB 1-3.0 speed and sata for a quite a while, this is like the first consumer USB 3.1g2 external drive
That's what I was talking about, not whether or not it'll make batman load faster, but how many hundreds of gigabytes (often in single files) I can move from my external drive, or being able to edit video project files in real time without having to keep everything Im working on at once on my laptop

This is a sata drive, that's not some hidden secret
What are you going for with this post?

I get the idear but i would need alteast 2 TB of SSD until i would consider it better than a 2,5 HDD the worst is, the USB bottleneck, i can only imagine some cheap as fuck controller or some dumb fucks connecting it to usb 2 and not even outrunning a hdd.

The USB3.1 drive bottlenecks close to SATA3 speeds.

Samsung SSD 850 Pro (126gb) = $169.99
Samsung PORTABLE!!! SSD T5(250GB!!!) = $129.99

What you talking about Willis?

I got a 256gb 850 pro for $85 the other day at Fry's.

Why are you so dumb?

Thanks for ammo against M.2 and Mac"muh pcie ssd is better than ur chinkpad lmao"fags

You got a deal sales promotion 99.9% of the worlds population can't get
>Why are you so dumb?

What? so this means m.2 isn't faster? and all the reviewers are lying to us?

Even the regular price of the 850 Pro makes this portable shit look stupid.

It's only $135 for the 850 pro. Why the fuck would I pay $130 for something with a 3 year warranty and a sub-standard SSD. The enclosure better suck my dick and make me dinner if they're demanding that sort of markup.

No it is faster but it's incremental that it really doesn't matter when comparing the two right now

>It's only $135 for the 850 pro
Samsung PORTABLE!!! SSD T5(250GB!!!) = $129.99
it's portable and it's cheaper. stop talking out your ass

I mean people have known the sequential speeds are the biggest benefit (Since nothing non-sequential reaches 6gbps limits), there's nothing new in that picture, NVME allows for a much faster top throughput, only sequential has exceeded that limit, and no, tripling your ssd speeds won't make libreoffice open faster
Has anyone argued for NVME claiming that it makes games load faster than sata SSDs?

It's incremental
The only thing incremental is your iq dropping

>wasted money on pcie ssds

But if you think about it real carefully, you'd realize there's nothing about the regular 2.5" SSD's aside from the exposed power and SATA plugs that makes them not-portable. The included cable you get for cloning an HDD to the SSD lets you use it as an external drive.

All you're really paying extra for here is the form factor and a USB3 plug. Doesn't seem like a good deal to me.

Every drive is portable, all you need is a 10 dollar adapter

It's next gen goy... pay up :P

>All you're really paying extra for here is the form factor
Not really, 3.5" and 2.5" drives cost exactly the same usually, so he's just paying for an usb port