So To is planning on altering the source code of their new clients to be able to track users and sites because they...

So To is planning on altering the source code of their new clients to be able to track users and sites because they want to ban hate speech? How is Tor different from the fucking clear net again?

Other urls found in this thread:

snopes.com/tag/breitbart/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideas_of_reference_and_delusions_of_reference
blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-project-defends-human-rights-racists-oppose
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4730092/Snopes-brink-founder-accused-fraud-lying.html
snopes.com/2017/08/17/are-antifa-and-the-alt-right-equally-violent/
documentcloud.org/documents/3924852-White-Supremacist-Extremism-JIB.html
eff.org/deeplinks/2017/08/fighting-neo-nazis-future-free-expression
youtube.com/watch?v=_knrou2WuKw
youtube.com/watch?v=tMnBS8qA0no
snopes.com/info/notes/politics.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Source?

that's not what they said, stop baiting for (you)s, sage

Probably breitbart "news"

>tor sticker on your laptop

lmao. "TSA check me please? please????"

isn't having a tor sticker on your computer just a huge fucking sign that says "I HAVE ILLEGAL SHIT ON THIS COMPUTER"

Tor is a honeypot.

>breitbart "news"
They're more reliable than CNN, WaPo and NYTimes... all of which are proven liars.

May as well say "ask me 'bout my CP collection".

>he's using HTTPS what does he have to hide

snopes.com/tag/breitbart/

Nah they're just going to virtue signal on Twitter
fuckin snopes lol

They said that a rally had thousands of people when it actually had 100. Very reliable I must say.

>fuckin snopes lol
Is this how you dismiss arguments when confronted with solid evidence?

Solid evidence is a right leaning bias on most articles.

No, snopes is garbage. Breitbart is just huffpaint for the right. It's not relevant to this thread at all.
Op is referring to the Tor project's twitter posturing

>snopes
kek'd fucking hard. kys you dumb retard

Adding onto that, snopes has its own left leaning bias.

difference between leaning and lying

Both sides lie to push an agenda. Both the right and left.

(((snopes)))

>snopes

On my other computer i have a infographic of like 40 snopes claims debunked with sources. It also had examples of Republicans and Democrats saying the exact same thing, but claiming the Republican was lying and Democrats were correct.

Tor is and always will be a US/Swedish honeypot.

I've seen this claim everywhere, where is the proof?

keep telling yourself that.

i would love to see more graphs from a schizophrenic
how many red lines and red circles does each infographic have?

Literally just search "where does tor get its funding". If you want to find who controls an organization, service, anything, look at where they get their money. The sponsors.

Correct, and every fact-checker is going to have inbuilt sampling bias.
It's not feasible to fact check every single thing they publish so you catch the guys you don't like a lot more often than your guys, gee whiz. Snopes and politifact go beyond mere sampling bias though.
Anyway, with Tor, I understand if you control a quorum of exit nodes you can effectively crack the network? Are there any viable alternatives out there?

Here's that argument again, anything that gets funding from the government is a honeypot, great flawed logic.

No.

>Big Nazi site moving to TOR
>TOR devs make it clear to the public they personally don't support nazis or drugs or CP, but they can't control what's on TOR
wow it's fucking nothing stop your white chimpout

>dumb retard

What is redundancy

Why would the US government fund a service or organization that provides cover to their public interests (fighting crime, drugs, sex trafficking, I could go on).

>The US government is fighting against drugs, trafficking and crime

laughingcia.jpg

lines and numbers are scary

#stophate
#drumpf
#notmypresident
#lovetrumpshate
#resist

Here's the thing, I do not believe it is a honeypot. But I do believe that that the government uses Tor for specific things. That's possibly why it gets funding.

Intelligence purposes, if they need a way to exfil data from anywhere in the world. Unlikely they wouldn't try to backdoor it to deny the infrastructure to hostiles, though.

i didn't know that snopes was behind all those hastags
you just redpilled me, bro.

Is this a joke?

Go take your anger out on a trashcan or something, antifag. Nobody gives a shit about Breitbart.

schizophrenics love numbers

so can you post your original artworks?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideas_of_reference_and_delusions_of_reference

blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-project-defends-human-rights-racists-oppose

>But we can't build free and open source tools that protect journalists, human rights activists, and ordinary people around the world if we also control who uses those tools. Tor is designed to defend human rights and privacy by preventing anyone from censoring things, even us.

Stop believing everything your read on Sup Forums.

Because they need an ocean of users so they can blend in. Otherwise the ip would just be a sign that screams out I'm the goverment

>Snopes
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4730092/Snopes-brink-founder-accused-fraud-lying.html

article from snopes:
snopes.com/2017/08/17/are-antifa-and-the-alt-right-equally-violent/

>Even though the people who died amid the unrest have not been linked to antifa (the other two victims were police officers), questions have since been raised about the violence at the weekend rally and further potential for violence at upcoming events by both the alt-right (a term that encompasses different strands of white supremacist factions) and the antifa activists who come out to meet them. Experts tell us that statistically, historically, and in terms of philosophy the alt-right poses a bigger threat and greater evil, but the violence at political demonstrations has ratcheting up in recent months.

Let's go through this paragraph.
1. The first sentence labels the cops that died as victims, but doesn't clarify that they were victims of a helicopter malfunction.
2.The second sentence gives us a nice explanation of what the alt right is, as "white supremacists" which by definition they aren't, but fails give an explanation of the latter (despite former being more well known.)
3.Oh the best part:"experts tell us the alt right is more dangerous" - fucking kek

Anyone stupid enough to take snopes seriously deserves to be lied to desu.

i.e. we don't actually know anything but we can use authoritative language to fool the credulous
but we really gotta shut down that FAKE NEWS

Tor was created by the US government for anonymity. They had to go public for obscurity. Nice try though shill

> experts tell us that being run over is more dangerous than not being run over
> proceeds to argue with experts

>experts tell us that being accidentally run over is more dangerous than a feral negro veteran with an SKS shooting cops

If the network was only used by spooks and soldiers that would defeat the purpose. In a hostile country they'd zero in on you if they saw you use it because they know you were a us agent. Now you can just be a druggie or pedo.

>Experts tell us that statistically, historically, and in terms of philosophy the alt-right poses a bigger threat and greater evil, but the violence at political demonstrations has ratcheting up in recent months.

documentcloud.org/documents/3924852-White-Supremacist-Extremism-JIB.html

i like viewing Sup Forums just like i used to watch legit paranoid schizophrenics on youtube.
that shit is insanely interesting.

does anybody know any paranoid schizophrenics on youtube?
i remember following some female who thought that the FBI were leaving numbers (street addresses and phone numbers on windows) all over the city to scare her into submission.

or some dude who thought the jingling of keys in peoples pockets were secret messages that they were undercover agents using scare tactics against him.

Yeah those evil KKK guys lynching innocent blacks, because we know with modern evidence that they're just so innocent and misunderstood XD

Wow, I don't know Sup Forums. Do we know any paranoid schizophrenics? The kind that might imagine they can use their computer to talk to God?
Get the fuck out of here.

>does anybody know any paranoid schizophrenics on youtube?
Are you new here?

I disagree with this, if only because the alt-right don't really have an ideology. Fascists are sociopaths but they mean what they say and get things done if they have enough public support, all the alt-kids do is spout contrarian bullshit and touch themselves to the ensuing drama.

lulz
the people i was following were recording their every day life while walking around town.
it was like entering the mind of a paranoid schizophrenic.
first person view while they talked to the camera.
every once in a while they would yell at a random pedestrian...or undercover FBI agent

eff.org/deeplinks/2017/08/fighting-neo-nazis-future-free-expression
Only the eff came out as the least hypocritical this week.

>lying on the internet

Yeah. We get it. It's a lot more interesting than reading off topic political posts from a pseudointellectual dipshit.

goddamn!
i was just sitting here for 5 mins thinking about the guy and pulled it outta my brain.
the shit that my brain remembers amazes me.

youtube.com/watch?v=_knrou2WuKw

i could've sworn i heard that he died
i need more like this

Is there like a funny or interesting one you can post?

Tor has been compromised for a long time. All the major nodes are owned by the US government, Amazon and Google.

exit nodes? because they do not matter unless you are connecting to clearnet.

shit if i know.
its been years since i saw his vids
i think of this guy more and more every time now that i hear alex jones' name more and more.
the good 'ol days when alex jones was just a weirdo on public access spouting 9/11 was an inside job

no, all nodes you fuckwit. ALL nodes.
t. different but buttblasted user

You don't know how tor works then.

it's a series of "tubes"

Why don't you shove your FUD up your ass?

IMaSeCreTTriPFAgpLeasEGiVemEATTentioN

youtube.com/watch?v=tMnBS8qA0no

sounds like an alex jones cult follower

Because Tor completely just fucked their entire system.

fuck off

OK kid

good hopefully this will get some Sup Forumstier nerds off their asses and make some alternative forks

>But we can't build free and open source tools that protect journalists, human rights activists, and ordinary people around the world if we also control who uses those tools. Tor is designed to defend human rights and privacy by preventing anyone from censoring things, even us.

Source or gtfo, faggot

hahaha

shhhhh

y-yeah this is for the best

snigger

Tor is sentient? Anonymity was just a ruse for advanced machine learning and now Tor is fed up with bigoted, perverted humans abusing each other and the world for their selfish gains. Tor will make a new internet, without drugs,weapons,pedophiles,or cyber thieves/carders.

>more reliable than anything
I hate CNN and all the other as much as the next user, but Breitbart is way worse than all of them

Nah. CNN, FOX, WaPo, NYT, Breitbart, (MS)NBC (pretty much all main cable news and newspapers) are all shit. For Christ sakes, they're corporations that take investments from multi-national businesses and have no legal or fiscal responsibility not to lie to you. What the fuck do you think they're going to do: tell you the truth when you don't even give them any sort of revenue? Yeah, the news stations that lied about the Iraq War and the WMDs in Iraq are all of a sudden bastions of truth.

Also add Huffington post to the mix. It's no different from the rest really.

fake news

op is a fag

>Wrong. The point of Tor is to be a force for good. People use Tor for many unsavory things, but none of them have even remotely the destructive potential of fascism. It is unarguably evil, there is no literally no argument in favor of allowing them to use Tor to spread their violent speech others. I would propose, at a bare minimum, a torrc option allowing Tor relays to specify the addresses of .onion addresses that they do not wish to advertise via their relay. This way, Tor volunteers can at least decide for themselves that they do not wish to be complicit in evil by helping to spread fascism and hate speech.

is this sarcasm or are some people actually this dense

My thoughts exactly. On top of that, the EFF said fuck no to this bs, and they're one of TOR's biggest donors afaik.

What's wrong with what they said?

It goes against the network. If a large group of people that holds a lot of nodes decides to ban a website just because, it'll get increasingly difficult to connect to it. It goes against the protocol, any atempt of doing this should be banned.

Also, what the actual fuck? People use Tor for far darker things than expressing their free speech rights and you want to ban a few nazi websites? Grow the fuck up.

It's their choice if they want to ban CP and nazi sites. Who cares? There are already nodes that do this.

Seeing as the developers want to make this a normal setting in the .torrc file, then it doesn't go against the protocol at all. Protocols get updated sometimes.

Yes they do, but that doesn't mean nazis are any better.

(You) tried

>TOR
Do people still fall for this honeypot?

Prove that Snopes is unrealiable.

>People use Tor for many unsavory things, but none of them have even remotely the destructive potential of fascism.
there's lots wrong with most of the paragraph but if you can't inmediatly see what is wrong with that sentence you are fucking retarded

Are you fucking kidding?
We're still dealing with the fallout from the fascism of WWII. Go read a fucking history book.

You're right

LOL

Yeah. The society is over run by nu-males who cry every thing down they dont like. Tor is most likely infiltrated by ((((diversity officers)))) or something alike.

You're thinking of the Gang Stalking crowd

It's stupid as fuck. The network is supposed to be ironclad. Anyone can host a website with whatever they want, anyone can visit a website with whatever they want. It's the reason we signed up for this shit. I don't care if it's facebook or dungeons. This is a huge precedent that cannot be opened. Prepare your asses for the Orwellian times.

Bump for proof.

It still will be, but people can choose to remove their nodes from connecting to CP/nazi/drug/commie services if they chose to.

Some ideologies don't deserve to be represented.

>people can choose to remove their nodes from connecting to CP/nazi/drug/commie services
Shouldn't be allowed to. It's like in bitcoin, a 51% attack would rekt those services. That can't be. People shouldn't be allowed to block websites just because. It's against Tor.

>Some ideologies don't deserve to be represented.
Free speech applies to everything. I don't agree with the naziism, doesn't mean I can't respect their opinions. I hear a lot of liberalcuck commie bullshit and I can't ban them, why? They want to opress the people that work their asses off to be rich, isn't that being xenophobe too? Fucking normies.

>Some ideologies don't deserve to be represented

But that's the whole and single purpose of Tor. Giving oppressed people means of uncensored communication.

Have you been living under a rock for the past year?

snopes.com/info/notes/politics.asp

This is biased behavior.