Why Americans seem to always cringe at France and its people?

Why Americans seem to always cringe at France and its people?

Is it because of WW2 or Iraq war?

Or is it more older than that?

Hummm....

I think it stands for 'Angliya'.

This is or punishment for being cowards
it will never end

this is the anglo mindset. they are butthurt at us.

Parce que vous êtes pour nous la quintessence de tout ce qui est "européen" dans tous les meilleurs et les pires sens.

france has never won a single war in 60+ years

why would anyone ever respect the country again?

Because anything that's at least remotely related to the French appear pretentious and therefore cringy as fuck.

Or maybe that's just me.

Personally I think the language barrier has a lot to do with it

Anglos are generally insecure about being monolingual, which makes us defensive around the French, who are generally perceived to be wilfully ignorant of the English language

France and Japan are like the only countries where it is difficult to travel as an English speaker

>implying
france is our greatest ally

go sniff some feet faggot

Wow, parfait, ton Français !

u wot, t*rk ?

Im confused at why some French think that we hate you, aside from a few years when our countries disagreed with each other over Iraq we give you guys high positive ratings in opinion polls and vice versa.

If u think we hate you, u literally cannot handle any banter

it's just a joke that some less-than-intelligent people take too seriosuly

Pretty simple, some retarded americans soldiers started to complains about hairy, poor and dirty people on WW2 because of the tragic consequences of war but they can't understand, they are very arrogant with their """""heroic image"""" of the normandy shit.

also it's because we can't want to plays their cucked doggy during Iraq War for attacking some country for oil with the excuse of massive destruction weapons who never existed.
it's just that, they hate us because they are assholes and ignorants, helping them for their independence was a fucking mistake.

nous aimons ton langue

>Pretty simple, some retarded americans soldiers started to complains about hairy, poor and dirty people on WW2 because of the tragic consequences of war but they can't understand, they are very arrogant with their """""heroic image"""" of the normandy shit.

my grandfather was at normandy for the invasion (i swear on his grave that it is the truth and im not just saying this because it is Sup Forums) he never directly spoke about it once in his lifetime, but i heard him have a nightmare about it when i stayed over at his house once.

you are a pretty bitter person

We don't cringe at you. A lot of Americans like the French. However, thanks to WW2 the surrender monkey meme will never die.

I don't talk about ALL americans soldiers, just the ones who talk shit about french people when they come back on america, making the stereotype that we are hairy and we never take a bath.
they were also some american nigger troops who rape womens here and in italy.

France really does seem gay as hell. I think it's the whole romantic vacation shit you guys try to sell

because France is the cradle of modern freedom

>I don't talk about ALL americans soldiers, just the ones who talk shit about french people when they come back on america, making the stereotype that we are hairy and we never take a bath.
im not sure where youre getting these ideas in your head but it seems like a minority of people have made you extremely salty and butthurt

and if you are not talking about all americans, your initial post certainly had a tone of speaking about all americans

My grandfather served under Patton through North Africa and Europe until the end. He never bashed the French. I do know they used to raid wine cellars that were abandoned though and I think he got an STD from a French whore.

>making the stereotype that we are hairy
I don't know but all my friends with French Canadian ancestors are the most hairy people I've ever seen. They are no joke hairier than people with Italian ancestory.

There are a popular stereotype on USA about french people from the WW2, not only about surrender but also about hairy and dirty people, because some retarded soldiers viewed some poor people with no home and no money in cities, so in their retarded minds they concluded every frenchs are like that, yes it's probably a minority of people but that still became stereotype.

also i'm totally right for Iraq War, recognize that, you are fucking assholes who turn automatically butthurt when some nation disagree with you and your orders.

le cowardly frenchmen meme

most people who perpetuate it never seem to read up on the second world war, or any history for that matter.

>There are a popular stereotype on USA about french people from the WW2, not only about surrender but also about hairy and dirty people
yea it's called bantz, just like we get bantzed for being fat

suck a dick

wtf i love france

I hate this "hon hon le romantic place of le love and le culture" reputation

We used to be fucking warriors (all memes aside) but since this fucking republic, we're full of black muslim lover leftards, gay af and degenerate enough to reject nationalism

the problem is the fact that this old bantz was taken very seriously during a long time by american population, and not in the funny way.

are you, dare i say, telling me that you know more about my country and the people that live in it more than i do?

why yes i believe that's what is going on

May 68 was a mistake
this date is literally the beginning of the destruction of this country.

please stop fighting i love france

what happened? was that the student protests? did leftists ruin things again?

Leftards and their shitty ideas are destroying the west

Hell, I would rather live under Pétain

WE NEED A NEW KING

I have never met a French person I've remotely liked. Coupled with the fact that working with them in NATO is somewhere between dealing with spies and dealing with spoiled teenagers.

I am utterly biased by my own experiences. I think years of experiences are a reasonable thing to be biased by.

It's less some active hatred and more "I cannot be bothered to fuck with you"

Also World Wars.

>did leftists ruin things again?

What did you expect from them ? Doing right (lel, right...) things ?

For exemple the creation of the FN in 1973 was one of the consequences of the retarded things of May 68, on the first place the immigrants workers from ex-colonies had a temporary contract of work, they were supposed to return to their homeland with a prime for their works in France, but the commies from May 68 tryhard for their complete installment and also they wanted they bring all of their families from africa, and that infortunately happend, they also breeds a lot and became automatically french when Mitterand comes to power in 1981.

fucking leftist boomers!

>Why Americans seem to always cringe at France and its people?

they dont, they're big ouiboos even though they dont like to admit it most of the time

you mean the leftists? leftists don't count, they only like us because they love what the common american hates.

If you kick out the faggots, arrogant waiters, Leftists, Muslims, and niggers it wouldn't be so bad. This is coming from a German by the way. We have the same problems, minus the arrogant waiters.

>faggots, arrogant waiters, Leftists, Muslims, and niggers

You really want us to have only 4 or 5M people ?

American hating France is the biggest meme on this site

Americans love France, everyone wants to go to France at least once even with all the supposed fear and hatred

Americans are not your enemy, not in your wildest dreams

I just spent a month and a half in Paris and the worst part of it was actually the American tourists. They were arrogant and rude as fuck while the French were really nice and polite. I'm dating a Frenchman and he actually warned me beforehand that the locals might come off as rude, but it was quite the opposite and even he was surprised by it.

I don't hate France at all and will be going back in about a month. Now that I think about it though, the Italian side of my family would probably hate my SO just for being French. They hate everyone though.

>American hating France is the biggest meme on this site
Except it's actually supported by the media. And not just "oh we need a cheap joke and we're out of bananas to slip over, let's talk about the French!". This actually happens in talk shows, interviews and even politicians sometimes have a jab at the French. Hell, Kerry's attempt at presidency was hampered because he was too French and the fact that Gingrich spoke French was used against him.

Only in America can mastering a foreign language (that isn't Spanish of course, because that'd be racist) be used against you. Conversely, our media praised Balkenende for knowing both French and German on a decent level.

Francophobia is part of American culture. And not even in the British "those wacky frogs amirite hoity toity" sense, Americans actually mean it.