If I have a 64 bit processor, is there any advantage to using a 32bit is at all? In any way?

If I have a 64 bit processor, is there any advantage to using a 32bit is at all? In any way?

Have a taste of the "American Dream" - the pic

btw yes. 32-bit's only advantage is legacy software. You don't need 32-bit unless you use those shitty software like vs 2005 or some 32-bit database or some pre win7 winshit

32 bit need less space

You can save a bit of RAM and storage because binaries and some data structures are smaller. 32 bit is handy for low resource environments.

Is that why so many atom PCs came with 32bit windows?

Nope. That's actually because the iGPU on some Atoms is a PowerVR made by Imagination Technologies (no, not Intel them self's) who in their endless wisdom decided to ONLY make win32 drivers.

You can run a 64 bit OS on it (I did, I use an AD2550 as a NAS) but no video support in win x64 or any Linux.

They may have done this because the CPU doesn't support more than 4GB RAM in the first place and running a 64 bit OS isn't necessary.

These are the right answers more or less, but it's not just for lower RAM space requirements. It means some things will be faster because the smaller data structures in memory (which contain memory addresses) are faster to read, write and copy.

The disadvantage is that 32-bit programs generally don't make use of x86 extensions such as SSE2 which all 64-bit processors have, so some programs may perform better built for x86-64 processors.

I'm running 64bit Solus just fine on my d2500 but I had really poor graphics performance so I added a HD5450.

I hate powerVR GPUs, such a nightmare.

So why did he leave? Was he just a beta that got bullied by his wife?

Probably fake.

Probably mom kicked him out

lol... only 64 bit... I have 65 bit... my computer is faster

This, when women want to be cunts they'll constantly rub it in your face, not hide it.

It's a story that's typical for how rampant divorce is today. Women initiate divorce and take everything away from the men including children. Women also poison the children towards the men. Not all women of course but statistically over 80% of women initiate divorce to begin with and they're the ones who stand to benefit the most from such proceedings in almost all cases.

I bet your still on x86, I'm using x87 myself.

The future is now.

x64 is 20% or so faster than x86 because 2x registers.

Unix? No.
Windows? Maybe. A few ancient programs won't run under a 64-bit version of Windows, but you can always use a virtual machine with XP or 9x so the point is moot.

32bit would help memory usage and limited storage if you have a shitty Atom tablet.

On certain, not uncommon, workloads.

>is there any advantage to using a 32bit is at all?
No. Things will actually perform worse as your processor will be switching in and out of 32bit mode constantly.

>switching in and out of 32bit mode
What did he meant by this?

Nice graphics.

Some instructions aren't supported that were on x86, so the CPU will have to use a legacy mode for them.