ITT: annoying || not fun languages

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Host-Names.html#index-gethostbyname_005fr
youtube.com/watch?v=b2F-DItXtZs&t=36s
play.golang.org/p/obzPy1bwhY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good idea OP I'll start.

>I'll start.
Why didn't you start then? Let me finish your job.

>It's real
lmao

is this c++ primer?

Oh my god

You are brainlets and the author is a retard. This is the standard way to do shit like this.

Function that requires input size but the returned error code doesn't tell you how big? Make a loop and double/half the parameter until it works.. yadda yadda.. there's no way to do it differently.

gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Host-Names.html#index-gethostbyname_005fr

I like Golang but damn I wish they'd ditch that fucking stupid logo.

You fucking stupid nigger...
If at least it used dichotomy, the function would have been correct, but it doesn't, so it's not. Come back when you have graduated from your Java bootcamp.

standard =/= good

It's good that you tried to contribute to the discussion. But in the future, try to make sure you understand the problem in question before offering your insights. In this case, you could read over the original image again: And remember, if you aren't sure, it never hurts to ask!

P H P
H H
P H P

So...this is the power of C++...

Kek. Feel free to say in simple English what is wrong [spoiler](actually nothing)[/spoiler] or fuck off

Better than 10,000 buggy lines of platform depended code accessing the file system and parsing /proc and what not to get the parameter right on first call

What is wrong with Golang?
Hard mode:
>sjw is not an argument
>bot net is not an argument

Java

>if you ignore the flaws it's flawless

fucking javascript and its 50 thousand frameworks a month

Not a serious problem but the binaries it produces are fuckhuge

Those are not flaws with it though, just the people around it. Does it have a bad syntax system? Poor memory performance?

>strong static typing without generics

They're fat binaries, aren't they?

you dont have to use those frameworks fag

you don't have to use javascript with framework x for every fucking thing just because you're too lazy to learn proper languages

do people still use bower?

god i hope not.

Javascript

GC

youtube.com/watch?v=b2F-DItXtZs&t=36s

>GC
>bad

k kid

Depreciated.
But I still think some like polymer use it.

good luck telling this on a job interview

why the fuck do you want a language without GC in 2017? even embedded systems use it now

Good luck getting an English speaking job.

>even embedded systems use it now
how horrifying

no generics, interface nil bullshit.

brainlet language though really. that's the real reason.

>having memory management that generally does a better job of actually making sure shit gets freed and allocated correctly compared to stupid humans is bad.

nobody cares about your autistic manual memory management orgasm, it's all about money and development speed

>not using elm
You won't make it buddy

Bad support for abstraction. See: lack of generics, "if err != nil { return err; }"

I actually use Go at work so I can answer.

>No generics, which means you lose type safety for common things like using non-builtin collections. And the language designers keep coming up with bullshit excuses for why they don't add it to the language.

>No collections API. No filter(), map(), reduce(), firstOrDefault() etc. You gotta write plain for loops instead. Or roll your own, but again no generics so either write specialized ones for each type or use interface{} runtime type assertions.

>Returning nil might not actually be nil when you check it: play.golang.org/p/obzPy1bwhY

>No fine visibility scoping. Everything in PascalCase is public, camelCase is package-level. There is no other. So if you're working on a package, you need to use discipline to know when you shouldn't touch a structs field. IDE autocompletion can become unruly as lines of code grows.

>No immutability (except for consts which are limited). Go is supposed to use message-passing for concurrency so I can understand this somewhat.

>No enums. There's a different pattern which achieves the same thing, but they're just public const's dumped into's the package scope.

>Package management is shit. There's 3rd party solutions, but that's not good enough. They seem to be fixing it with godep.

Rust doesn't solve this with generics either. They have a macro and a compiler builtin.

>even embedded systems use it now
No, they don't.

why everyone hates python?

>yet another transpiler shit lang

I thought GWT pretty much was all the proof to you retards that this shit does not work and is not a viable long term solution.

stop being a fucking cuck and just use JS or jerk yourself off to your shitty transpiler aids that will be deprecated when ECMAwhatever releases and adds all the useful bullshit form your meme language in js and no one uses it ever again.

because it's mediocre made only useful due to large user base and the various C bindings written that make it not slow.