What is this called in your language? What is your cunt's folklore in them like?

what is this called in your language? What is your cunt's folklore in them like?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_of_Warsaw
sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sjöjungfru
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Syrena

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_of_Warsaw

sirène

we don't have much folklore about them, we mostly know them for being famous in greek mythology and shit

sirena

Sereia.

There's a legend involving a Mermaid called Iara here, it says that she sings and attract men to the sea and then they drown. Pretty much the same thing as everywhere else I would imagine.

and as far as i know we don't care about them.
the only siren that people know over here is Ariel.

Sjöjungfru sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sjöjungfru

sellő
>landlocked country

semen demon

merjungfrau

mermaid

*meerjungfrau
means "ocean young woman"

Same in Swedish

Zeemeermin

(Zee = sea)

It actually means "ocean virgin"

We know, Zeeland

Merenneito(seamaiden), vedenneito(watermaiden), vedenhaltija(waterelf) or loanword "Seireeni".

Technically speaking we don't really have native folklore about them unless you include them into vedenväki(folk/force of the water) or put them into place of some more obscure water creatures. We do however have some stories about male versions of them called "vetehinen" and in some descriptions Ahti, God of the water has tail of the fish.

Hafmeyja

There is a story about a sailor and a mermaid who were gonna have sex so the mermaid laid roe and told the sailor to ejaculate on it so he got dissapointed and went looking for mermaids whos upper bodies were fish.

Mermaid is a pretty cool guy. Some Russian immigrant commissioned a statue after finding his fortune in the US. Pretty nice.

Havfrue

lmao

It's a Havfrue, and H.C Andersen made a pretty famous fairytale about one, but the ending is a bit more sad in reality than in the Disney version.

Our most famous statue is of course the little mermaid.

I actually really like this statue. It was a nice gift.

Mermaid. Most famous from ancient American lore known as "The Little Mermaid"

Selkie

人魚(ninngyo)
人=human
魚=fish
pic related is called 魚人.

NOICE

Anime.

>Americans are Danes in disguise

At last I see.

>what is näkki
There are loads of related folklore. Sometimes they appeared as beautiful horses near water, that let you climb on and then try to drown you. Sometimes it's a woman, with long black hairs and so big breasts it can throw them over its shoulder.

Näkki is more scandinavian than finnish though. And does not really fit into mermaid.

>Sometimes they appeared as beautiful horses near water, that let you climb on and then try to drown you. Sometimes it's a woman, with long black hairs and so big breasts it can throw them over its shoulder.
So... nothing like a Mermaid?

also aallotar, meaning water nymph or wave girl.

Sirena

Sirenae sunt marinae puellae quae navigantes pulcherrima forma et canto mulcendo decipiunt et capite usque ad umbilicum sunt corpore virginali et humano generi simillimae; squamos tamen piscium caudas habent, quibus semper in gurgite latent

(Liber Monstrorum I, VI)

>also aallotar, meaning water nymph or wave girl.
> or put them into place of some more obscure water creatures

Which is the better adaptation, Disney's The Little Mermaid or Ponyo?

Sirena, not much floklore at all

Rip off

Undinė

A slut

Same shit, different water.

게이 (gei)

Une léduse

Don't you have some burgers to dream of for your folklore?

Casper, the friendly ghost.

both are shit

A Mermaid is not a shapeshifter.
What you described was a shapeshifter that drowns people.
A Mermaid doesn't transform into a horse, and as far as I know was never depicted with such droopy breasts that she throws them over her shoulder.
Mermaids don't physically drag people into the water either.
In short, nothing like a mermaid.

morská panna
sea virgin

Damn.

>A Mermaid is not a shapeshifter.
in plenty of lores it is exactly that, taking human form etc.
>as far as I know was never depicted with such droopy breasts that she throws them over her shoulder.
as far as you know
>Mermaids don't physically drag people into the water either.
yes they do, after they lure em closer with their tits and singing
>In short, nothing like a mermaid.
in short, you dont know shit about folklore barbosa.

Grouping Mythological
Sub grouping Water spirit