LMDE - Mint Rolling Release

Hi, i am on Mint right now and am liking it, but need some more updated packages and don't want to install them manually on Mint (as it could be problematic later on apparently)

so am thinking of going rolling: is LMDE (rolling mint) any good

or should i go with debian testing, or Antergos, manjaro, ...

any tips welcome

Arch is what you need

Manjaro is really nice. Been on it 18 months or so, and it's stable and easy to work with.

install alpine

So you want to use some X software and you came to the conclusion that you needed to change your distro?

Kid, just install it manually, run checkinstall instead of make install to make sure you ca remove it/update it easily in the future.

A router OS? Why?

Linux is a server os so whats the difference

Linux is a kernel

Designed for power users, clearly not OP, and it wasn't intended originally for desktop.

thx will try this

will test some other distros in wm, just in case ...

No, Richard

>it wasn't intended originally for desktop
That's exactly what it was intended for, even Linus said so.

retard

before manually installing a newer package should i first uninstall the older version ?

thx

Choose a rolling release distro and you'll always have the latest software

and no, when you update, the package manager usually removes older packages because they're in conflic.

Alpine you clueless faggot

thx

chill out, also why do you use alpine, if you do, honestly? is it because the whole anti-gnu thing?

If you want to do some serious work, choose lmde2 or tumbleweed.

I don't use it. It's super lightweight and designed to be run on dram. It was developed as a router OS, and evolved to a secure platform. It's currently the choice for containers and security guys.

*Artix