I have a bricked android phone, it wont turn on at all after I dropped it...

I have a bricked android phone, it wont turn on at all after I dropped it, is there any way I can recover the files I had on it from its flash storage?

Other urls found in this thread:

hardcoreforensics.com/blog/2012/01/02/arduino-mega-direct-reading-of-a-nand-flash-memory-chip/
youtube.com/watch?v=VMevB5PLqPg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Depends on what got damaged. Try connecting it to your PC with a USB. See what happens.

I don't have a computer yet, I mean is there any way to recover the files besides doing that?

Well, you can't turn on the phone, so what exactly were you thinking you could do?

Open up the phone and dump the nand?

Take it to a chink shop and they'll have it done in 60 seconds.

I want to do it myself.

Option A) You'll have to replace everything besides the motherboard and see if it turns on

Option B) If the motherboard itself is damaged and it isn't just the screen or the battery, you'll need one of these:

hardcoreforensics.com/blog/2012/01/02/arduino-mega-direct-reading-of-a-nand-flash-memory-chip/

Give it back Jamal

I want to dump the nand directly and extract the files from it.

That's what a nand reader is for, yeah. I should mention that you don't need to wire it up to an Arduino, you can buy USB ones for like 10 bucks from eBay and similar sites.

Dump the contents of the flash, extract the /data partition from it, mount it on a Linux machine or a VM, copy your files to a backup location, job done in about half an hour if you know what you're doing.

Is there a tutorial for doing this with a samsung galaxy s5 and s7? I don't want to mess up doing it completely by myself.

>using android.
Top lel.

Probably. It should be fairly universal, especially with Samsung devices. As said though, you may be better off just taking it to a repair shop somewhere and asking them to dump it for you, since it requires some practice and a few pieces of fairly obscure equipment.

The hardest and most dangerous part is going to be detaching the NAND chip from the board with a heat gun or something, after that you can't really fuck it up.

youtube.com/watch?v=VMevB5PLqPg

>using an iPhone
>your nand chip is permanently encrypted with a key you can't retrieve
>swapping it to another phone doesn't work, so if the circuitry in yours is fucked, your data is permanently lost

wew

What type of encryption does the iPhone nands have? RSA? Is it asymmetrical encryption?

The iPhone 7 with iCloud Backup doesn't have this problem :^)

AES256, I think.

If it can't be recovered you should get a moto g3, they are the most reliable phones I've ever used

>Using the cloud
Wew lad

That's never been broken? I was under the impression that all symmetrical key encruptions have been broken by now.

J A M A L
A
M
A
L

give it back jamal

how are you posting here?

Wtf are you talking about? Is this a meme?