Chromebook Situation

So are school just gave everyone there personal chromebook but they were sure to note that they were the schools chromebook. They also stated to not to plug your phone in since all the files go to the schools system. They use a program called gaggle to manage all this stuff.

I was wanting to install windows on to the chrome book but this would get me in trouble. I bought a 32gb sd card to install windows on which I will do on a separate computer.

Is there a way to boot to the sd card before chrome OS starts so they cant get the files? Or even if I boot to it will they be able to detect it? Would a different hard drive solve the problem? Also I'll be installing windows 7

I know it's fun to be rebellious in high school but you really shouldn't mess with their computers, just do your homework and you can start ruining other people's stuff once you get to college.

Wow you're asking Sup Forums what a newfag

you must be 18 years or older to post on Sup Forums

seniors is a thing

I suppose this is where they get the whole white privilege thing from
>your school gave you a fooking wot m8

He's not white.

I think he is Hispanic

The solution is really easy but you're too fucking retared or you'd already know what it is.

18 or older.

I think he is

God damn just trying to clarify, most people at my school don't know shit about computers

I have the chromebook too
basically they are fucking useless if your school doesn't have incompetent admins
you need to get into developer mode to do fucking anything and the only way to do that without the password is to wipe the thing which would get you in trouble
basically this means you can't get the school's wifi
you can't install anything on the chrome books because they wipe downloads on every restart
you can't change the operating system

if you're looking for a decent laptop to buy (that's on par with the chromebook in everything except boot times without an ssd) I strongly suggest the t60. You can get them really cheap, like 40 dollars on ebay cheap.

just enjoy your botnetbook and deal with it.

you know they're spying on you with it.

>are
>school
>there
>gaggle

Thanks a lot didnt think about having to go into developer mode, I didnt want to buy or bring another laptop because I didnt want to carry two laptops. i'll ok into the laptop you sent

Enrolled Chromebooks wont boot into developer mode anyway. We force re-enrollment on ours. When you wipe the Chromebook it just re-enrolls on next boot. They can also tell who re-enrolled it, not that it really matters too much.

>basically they are fucking useless if your school doesn't have incompetent admins
Don't mistake leniency for incompetence. Some of us don't care too much what you do with the equipment as long as you don't break it and cause more work. For example, I don't like having to filter people either but legally we have to. Since it's district equipment, that applies when you're using it anywhere, even at home.

Source: K-12 sysadmin

Private schools do this. It's not white privilege to be smarter with your kiddos education.

Enter bios set up and boot from an external device (like usb) with an os preinstalled on it, if this don't work turn the laptop around unscrew the back and replace hard drive with the one you installed Windows on this should do

We all have been kids with no idea on how to do things don't be rude with him.

Also why not gentoo?

kill yourself

There is an official way to be able to boot from other devices on chrome things (Google your model) but it involves a factory reset.

You first.

My school gave us Macbook Pros which was a complete waste of money since people just used them in class to fuck around

If your school is a public school then it needs to be sued for wasting taxpayer's money.

nah

Literally underage.

>are school

Jesus fucking christ, I worked in a high school and you are exactly the kind of little shit that would be worth losing my job after suckerpunching you. It belongs to the school/district and is not yours to fuck around with as you please. It is meant for you to do school shit and nothing more, that's why it's a cheap piece of shit. Get your own damn computer if you want to fuck around with it, it's not up to us hardworking taxpayers to pay to fix your aborted attempts at being an U83R 1337 H4X0R. Quit treating other people's property like shit you little shit.

There isn't a way, to my knowledge to boot Windows 7 from an SD card. Closest you can come is to boot Linux Mint from a flash drive.

Schools give you free laptops now? What the fuck I thought it was just a meme. Is this common everywhere?

>high school teacher
you're a bigger waste of taxes than this little rascal

This post seriously pisses me off, this is not your fucking personal computer to be fucking around with, it is there for SCHOOL WORK ONLY you little shit. You want something to fuck around with? Get a fucking summer job to pay for your own or ask around and see if someone is willing to part ways with an old laptop or something.

I once had admin control. Counterstrike for everybody.

>implying he wasn't a sysadmin
user's not wrong desu, high school kids 13-16 are pieces of shit and will do pretty much anything just to circumvent any fuckery protection.
t. High school sysadmin
Also, you're a piece of shit OP. Be this at my school, I would've done my best to get you expelled if you attempted this shit. I didn't just spend 3 work days to set these things up because some upper management computer illiterate normalfag thought it would be a good idea just for you to go and fuck it up. They specifically told you they're the property of the school and to not fuck with them.

Your going to need to modify the firmware and roll it back. user, you journey to getting that shit free from the grasps of it, just start looking around on the chromium developer forum and install linux because installing windows is a fucking pain in the ass.

You can remove the cmos and overwrite the protections when the battery out, but it's hell.

1. The bios will never let you install Windows. Period.
2. The computer itself will never let you uninstall ChromeOS without physical changes to the hardware.
3. There is nothing you can do on a Chromebook worth getting in trouble over.
4. Sup Forums is an 18+ site.

Just use it and focus on getting laid while you have the chance