Is applying Thermal Paste the "dark souls" of building your own PC?

Is applying Thermal Paste the "dark souls" of building your own PC?

>both require no skill
Yea

/thread

First response best response

I don't get it.

AS5 or MX-4 lads?

mx-4
1 degree better temps according to squeakyvoicetechtips

Both

mx-4

PK-2

Squeaky Voice Tips doesn't handle thermals properly, I suggest better sources.

It's not exactly difficult.

>put small drop in middle of plate
done

NT-H1

This thread is relevant. Building my new PC right now, have a tube of nt-h1 from noctua and a tube of arctic silver 5. Which one for a ryzen 1700x?

Just buy a MacBook, retard.

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut

pls respond

>$12 per gram
yeah nah

someone told me that its the hardest part (even moreso than watercooling, specifically bending hard tubing).

yes it is

Only filthy casuals believe so. Hardest part is plugging front panel headers.

ΝΤ-Η1

none of it is hard

The hardest thing is installing a big air cooler
2nd hardest are those damn front panel connectors

where do you fags come from? just die

Fucking heresy. Cross method or GTFO.

>The hardest thing is installing a big air cooler

Only if you bought a garbage air cooler with garbage mounting hardware. Installing a Noctua tower is a piece of cake.

Changed the cooler of my FX 8320 on Friday when I was drunk as fuck. I think I put on way too much.
Also managed to rip the SATA connector off my HDD, bent some pins in the process and cut both of my thumbs on some sharp edges inside the case.

I'm glad I didn't fuck up completely and break the whole machine.

Why would you do it drunk tho

>get a heatsink
>its fan mounting system is rubber nubs that go between the fins
>have to take it off to dust properly but have to bend the fins every time
>need to decide if the heatsink or your flesh is more important

HOLY HELL DELET
NAO!

That's the problem. I do stupid stuff when I'm drunk.

I didn't really plan that.

are you the
"retard 12 year old"
of Sup Forums?

He didn't say it was hard, just hardest.

Plugging the floppy drive it is.
50% of chance of working, 50% of chance of it burning to the ground because you plugged it upside down.

Whatever, it doesn't make much difference.

I bet you don't.

I think installing the Evo 212 cross bracket is a pain in the ass. Why can't your screw in that middle screw damnit?

MX-4. Same performance, and there is no point in using an electrically conductive paste in 2017. AS5 was great when it came out, but the rest of the market kept improving beyond it, it's time to move on.

any $1 chink paste will be as good as that overpriced crap

Yeah that shit requires you to have at least 4 hands. Worse than fucking IKEA furniture.

>2nd hardest are those damn front panel connectors

whichever is cheapest. if you aren't getting kryonaut or liquid metal products, which are expensive as fuck the difference is menial.

Every single time this is painful.

Blue board.

Only if you have Parkinson's disease

>both require skill
Yea

Then, you are retarded.

>tfw applying for the first time on a new computer, so you don't know if you've done it right or not even after looking at your temps

I seriously panic every time after building a new PC until I see the POST screen. Did I fuck up really bad this time? My low self esteem always tells me that I'm gonna fuck up eventually and I don't have enough money to pay 700+ eurobucks on a new PC just because I fried something.

Made me nearly piss myself when I built my current system, because it has some kind of weird habit where it blackscreens for the first about 10-15 seconds after powering up before it goes to the POST.
I have no idea why it does it, but it's been running fine for 4 years now, so idgaf anymore.

Absolutely disgusting.

I normally never suggest spreading the paste, but my Hyper TX3 is so uneven on the bottom i'll have to.

No. Cable management is.

>put small drop in middle of plate
>since you are not a precision machine, you do not put the rad precisely vertically, thus putting all the paste on one side only of the processor, maybe even having some leaking outside

Any real man does a swastika with the paste before applying the cooler.

Actually, I agree with this. That shit infuriates me so much.

>
>pls respond

Makes no difference.

Get some fine sandpaper and lap the fucker

>since you are not a precision machine, you do not put the rad precisely vertically, thus putting all the paste on one side only of the processor, maybe even having some leaking outside
>Being so inbred that your motor skills are completely fucked.
I'm surprised you neo-Nazi's can even speak, let alone build a computer or hold a protest.

Nah that's too much effort for a crappy 8350 rig clocked at 4.2.

I just had to replace my thermal paste.

Is 39C idle fine for a i7 3770 on overclock turbo mode at 4.2GHz?

>Is 39C idle fine
How the fuck am I supposed to know? You do know that idle temperatures are dependent on the temperature wherever you are located, right?

Wait, is there supposed to be something tricky about thermal paste?

It requires a particular technique, I guess; but that doesn't make it difficult.

Prolimatech PK-3

Ivybro, I have three systems running ivy i7's, and I see no reason to upgrade any time soon.

Posr your thermal paste patterns.

>being that elaborate
get out.

Here's mine

>yet whites are responsible for over 90% of all innovations world-round

indeed.

Why this over Mastergel Maker Nano?

>>yet whites are responsible for over 90% of all innovations world-round
>yet America has to have scientists immigrate to America because they cannot produce enough smart ones

>implying that in and of itself wasn't smart.

>thermal paste patterns
Am I the only one who just deposits a drop of paste onto the processor, and then uses the heatsink to smear it out over the processor surface? I kinda massage the processor surface with the heatsink surface, works like a charm.

>>implying that in and of itself wasn't smart.
It was clever, not smart.

Not him but I also tend to work on stuff when I'm drunk
I become incredibly intelligent when drunk for some reason

Fixed a memory leak issue when plastered off my ass and have no idea how I did it

Just use mayo

Fresh squeezed mayo?

woah woah dude, why would you even post that?

>full coverage
>efficient use of paste
>jewtel

You goofed.