WHATs the point of having more than 5 tabs open?

WHATs the point of having more than 5 tabs open?

Productivity.

Name a case where you need more than 5 tabs to be productive.

>This guy doesn't program.
Why even

Some people dont like using bookmarks, so they'll literally keep 100 tabs open all day.

My limit is around 20 tabs.
It just feels disgusting having an open connection to 100+ websites. Think of all that bloated javascript and telemetry going on in the background

> 2017
> Not even using an Adblocker and disabling JavaScript

Watt?

>

This is after I cleaned up the tabs, and merged my third browser window with the second one. Now I just have one window for videos, and the other one for whatever.

I look up a lot of documentation while I'm programming, as well as StackOverflow. Usually I end up with so many tabs that they get condensed into iconless, nameless, 10px wide buttons.

Pic related

Any reason why you two aren't using tree-style tabs?

chrome allows only shit implementations of it

Vivaldi impliments it quite nicely, I wonder why chrome doesn't

>Any reason why you two aren't using tree-style tabs?
I wasn't aware of their existence. Thanks, I will try this out.

-->

I try to close tabs as soon as I'm done with them, I only ever have ~5 tabs in rotation at once. I have 48 tabs open in my text editor though

more than 5 opened Sup Forums threads

Research ? Do you even research bro ? It might seem a meme but those conspiracy theorists with all the paper pinned up and string everywhere ... Kinda how we used paper before every thing got condensed to one screen

If I have to explain it to (you), (you) are too stupid to comprehend the answer. Now, get off the Internets. (you) are wasting the bandwidth.

This guy knows what's up

>saging with an image

>3 pics i threw on imgur for mini faps
>sadpanda
>my ad on local used pc parts site
>gamefags guide for FFX-2
>pic uploaded to imgur so i can show my friends when they come online
>youtube subs
>youtube vid i'm currently watching
>2 Sup Forums threads
>2 Sup Forums threads
>1 /vr/ thread i already regret participating in
Fucking tablets, how would i ever get by with only 5? You must be joking.

>> Not even using an Adblocker and disabling JavaScript
Correct

>can't even do functional computer ADD to multitask, pretends other people must have a problem for being more efficient at organizing information and tasks

In case the site goes down, i can still keep reading muh Chinese books.

>Programming

fpbp

I have 5 tabs of AWS shit + 5 pinned tabs with Jira, internal tools etc and 3-4 random tabs.

Bro programming is my middle name. I don't ever open more than 3-4 tabs. You may have hoarding-related mental issues.

Ok in theory this tree style tab thing is cool.

In reality it will simply allow me to build up even more tabs without noticing it. I'll go from my current like 50 to 200.

Why the fuck do you need that many tabs open at once? You know bookmarks exist, right?

And what's wrong with that?

Yeah but then your bookmarks grow to an unmanagable level. Also often it's related topics that I'm interested in but don't care enough to have around forever. So for example I'm reading about the pre-revolution french royal court, and I've got a bunch of tabs open for the king, his gay brother, various mistresses and ministers I've been reading about. I close some as I finish them but some are central to reading about more. The king for example.

But then I get distracted, I dunno say my flatmate needs help beating his wife. So off I go. When I get back I'm like ok, check all my various messaging platforms as I'm a busy guy with many irons in the fire. At this point, I'm not reading about france anymore. But I'm still interested so I think "Nah I won't close it I'll come back to it" and possibly I will. But it's open there for me when the moment is right. If I bookmarked it, it'd be saved forever, and also not visible to remind me that "Oh I was reading about this."

Not to mention sites with forms or specific things, videos that I paused in the middle, 4/8 chan threads that are ongoing. Etc.

I open them for reference material when working on a project.

Following more than 5 threads at once?

Procrastination.

people that don't like to finish what they start
a lie they tell themselves

15 is objectively the upper limit when doing research/programming. if you can't keep your tab count under that limit there's no hope for you

Research, temporary accumulation. Nothing else.

corroborating learning you dipshit clown nigger. do you just listen to your professor? god you're dumb.

>tablet
mysides.jpg xd